• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Banned
Looks the same as the Mark 42 but with the colors reversed. Let's hope this one doesn't fall apart if he sneezes in it.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Looks the same as the Mark 42 but with the colors reversed. Let's hope this one doesn't fall apart if he sneezes in it.
Given that the model number just went up by one in a span of 2 years, I'd say Tony put more care into this one than the previous 35 he did in 6 months.

Sulik2

Given that the model number just went up by one in a span of 2 years, I'd say Tony put more care into this one than the previous 35 he did in 6 months.

Ironman 3 was so bad. That many iterations on the armor in six months and how flimsy they were was just dumb.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Ironman 3 was so bad. That many iterations on the armor in six months and how flimsy they were was just dumb.
Iron Man 3 was excellent and that made perfect sense.

It's ok to not like IM3, we can all admit that it's the worst one of the 3. Between the dumb fake mandarin, super pepper potts, and marvel's wesley crusher taking up too much time in the film, it was a pretty crappy marvel movie.

They had an interesting thing going with Stark having PTSD from having barely survived the events of the Avengers but they kinda did nothing of significance with that.

IM3 was much better than IM2. The climax was disappointing, but the movie was still overall entertaining. IM2 was just a mess and fairly boring.

Peru

It's ok to not like IM3, we can all admit that it's the worst one of the 3. Between the dumb fake mandarin, super pepper potts, and marvel's wesley crusher taking up too much time in the film, it was a pretty crappy marvel movie.

" Actual fun and creativity in MY superhero movie? Pshuh!" No it's the best of the three by far. The fake mandarin was the most inspired villain plot in any Marvel movie and among few genuinely funny moments with the added touch of media satire.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Behind the scenes clip from the GOTG Blu ray.
vkB7FnQ.jpg

LOL at Cap phantom punching and Scarlet Witch's freaky dance moves.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
" Actual fun and creativity in MY superhero movie? Pshuh!" No it's the best of the three by far. The fake mandarin was the most inspired villain plot in any Marvel movie and among few genuinely funny moments with the added touch of media satire.
Yeah, Iron Man 3 was really funny when you consider poop-jokes as funny...

GOTG was really good, Cap 2 was fun, and the first thor was alright.

IM3 was a bad movie, not even just that it was a bad marvel movie. It makes IM2 look competently made in comparison. And the whole ending sequence was rushed and felt hollow for how significant the events it portrayed was.

IM3 will probably continue to be the most divisive Marvel movie for a long while. I think many people just wanted more cool Iron Man action (which admittedly never gets old) but I feel like we already got a lot of good stuff in Avengers, and I'm glad they focused more on Tony's personal arc in IM3. I do think the action could have been better but the scenes of him fighting off goons with just the gauntlet and boot were cool. I loved the lo-fi infiltration suit he cooked up.

If the final battle had been better, I think more people would have been okay with the direction they went in. But the plot twist despite being funny really sucked the wind out of the sails for the remainder of the movie, Killian wasn't that interesting a villain (in terms of character and power) to finish up on.

dankir

I liked the different pace and tone of IM3. Not sure where all the hate comes from.

Plus the final battle with all the armors was great.

dankir

Behind the scenes clip from the GOTG Blu ray.
vkB7FnQ.jpg

LOL at Cap phantom punching and Scarlet Witch's freaky dance moves.

You know I really did they showed Thor using his hammer to bash the shit out of things.

I really wish they took some of the moves Thor pulls off of in MVC3. Specifically his mighty smash and might piledriver move

I find that he hits most things once ( yes the shatter into a million pieces) and then moves on. I wish they showed him being more angry.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dubai-film-fest-paul-bettany-757568

Paul Bettany talks Vision:

Paul Bettany — who already voices Iron Man's sarcastic A.I. companion J.A.R.V.I.S. — confirmed that he would be getting a promotion and playing the new role in April, but as yet his character's look hasn't been divulged, barring a brief, blurred appearance on a Comic-Con poster.

"It's still a secret. I think all will be revealed very shortly," Bettany tells The Hollywood Reporter, speaking from the Dubai International Film Festival, where his directorial debut, Shelter, is screening.

"It's a secret I've kept for about three years, which is really hard, especially with three kids. I'm contractually obliged not to talk about it," he says, adding that he's still concerned about "sunlight glinting off a sniper's telescopic lens."

But Bettany didn't deny rumors that there would be a strong connection between J.A.R.V.I.S. and The Vision.

"J.A.R.V.I.S will be there and so will The Vision. But I simply can't tell you any more."

guek

Banned
I liked the different pace and tone of IM3. Not sure where all the hate comes from.

IM3 is a Shane Black movie with iron man, not an iron man movie by Shane Black. I really like Black's work so I enjoyed the movie but I agree the are things it could have done better.

I didn't mind the twist at all, either.

a916

I would start with the severely underwhelming villian that seems to be happening too often. (and that's not mentioning how they wasted the potential for a good fight on screen if they kept Mandarin)

Bloomers

Okay, crazy theory pitch for the later half of the movie:

warning: involves the rumors that may or may not have been confirmed
Please bear with me here...
Its been long debated what the true nature of Loki's Scepter would be after the Avengers. Some people speculated it to be the mind gem, while others said it was merely a new space weapon powered by the Tesseract. I had always doubted the later idea because of the credibility of the characters that had suggested it, but in spite of recent 'confirmation' that the Scepter is the mind gem, I think maybe the Tesseract is still important here.
Taking a look at Loki's Scepter so far, there are a number of issues with it being the mind gem. In brief, the gem exhibits weak amounts of energy compared to other stones, it is blue like the Tesseract, and is *handed* to Loki by Thanos himself.
My explanation for this is that Thanos-- by having a deep understanding of the Infinity Stones-- used some of the Tesseract's energies to safeguard the mind stone. The scepter is not POWERED by the space stone but rather INHIBITED. That's why it glows blue and fires bolts like HYDRA weapons --it's using Tesseract energy, not really the stone's. It's also why he felt confident enough to give the scepter to Loki, because it was extremely unlikely for him to figure out how to undo the safeguard, or learn that it even exists.
Once unlocked, I believe that the mind stone is capable of mind control on a huge scale, capable of affecting hundreds or thousands of individuals. After all, I really doubt Thanos enslaved all of the Chitauri one-by-one. (On that note, allowing Loki to even control individuals at all was probably just a bonus to enure he would get the job done.) To wield this power though, the safeguard connection to the Tesseract must be undone, which would probably revert the mind gem to its intended color of green/orange/etc that would be consistent with what we learned about the stones in Guardians.
NOW-- how this ties into the movie
I think the mind stone is what will be used to stop Ultron. HYDRA has been experimenting with the Scepter and I bet that they will be teased by the true power of the mind stone inside it. Eventually the Avengers will learn about this (Black Widow specifically?) they will fight to find it so they can stop Ultron. Ultron will be nigh unstoppable by conventional with a vibranium main body & self-replicating sentinels, so the mind stone will be used to turn all the Ultron sentinels against their 'father'. I'm sure they'll find a way to tie it so only the twins or Vision know how to finally unlock the stone, but it allows for a scenario where they are doing more than smashing robots in the last setpiece. And once its all over Thor will once again have to return a stone back to Asgard.

I have other theories on how Thanos may see or speak to the Avengers through the scepter, but I just wanted to get some input on this

LaNaranja

From the LEGO OT:
1ZwW1oH.jpg

1R1Zu8v.jpg

ZrtaId8.jpg

vkMIqX5.jpg

qDrFYHa.jpg

Whch5r2.jpg

mLzxWzY.jpg

76029 Iron Man vs. Ultron - 14.99 EUR - 90 Pieces
- Includes Iron Man MK 43, Ultron Officer, and 2 Ultron Soldier

76030 Duel with Hydra - 24.99 EUR - 220 Pieces
- Includes Hydra Henchman, Hawkeye, Thor

76031 Hulkbuster Rescue Mission - 34.99 EUR - 248 Pieces
- Includes Hulk, Ultron Prime, Scarlet Witch, and Iron Man MK 43

76032 The Avengers Quinjet Chase - 84.99 EUR - 722 Pieces
- Includes Captain America, Vision, Black Widow, Ultimate Ultron, and Iron Man MK 43

76038 Attack on Avengers Tower - 74.99 EUR - 511 Pieces
- Includes Iron Man MK 43, Thor, 2 Iron Legion Drones, Ultron

76041 Burglary in the Hydra Fortress - 59.99 EUR - ? Pieces
- Includes Quicksilver, Hydra Henchman, Baron Von Strucker, Hulk, and Captain America

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom