• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clint should let Tony design something for him like in the comics

Trick_Arrows_and_Hawkeye%27s_Quiver.jpg
Didn't hawkeye had this in the movie? He had a bunch of arrowtip like the exploding one and he can control which arrow tip to use from his bow.

AMUSIX

Clint should let Tony design something for him like in the comics

Trick_Arrows_and_Hawkeye%27s_Quiver.jpg

That seems rather basic. It just holds the shafts, and all the different arrowheads are in compartments on the straps of his suit. I Iike how they did it in Avengers better:
4p6Zmm0.gif

sorry about the one frame of his face, messed up in creating the gif

.GqueB.

Banned
That seems rather basic. It just holds the shafts, and all the different arrowheads are in compartments on the straps of his suit. I Iike how they did it in Avengers better:
4p6Zmm0.gif

Happens so fast that if you blink at the right moment it completely goes away. It's a fun game to play trying to avoid it as many times as possible.

My record is 3 :/

J10

Banned
So they're like helicarriers?

His armor can stay in the air longer though.

The buster armors are the result of Tony being put in situations where he has to punch above his weight class - which is often the case when you're an Avenger. It's got to be a team effort in any case.

Slayven

His armor can stay in the air longer though.

The buster armors are the result of Tony being put in situations where he has to punch above his weight class - which is often the case when you're an Avenger. It's got to be a team effort in any case.

Busters is what happens when Tony over think a problem, and ends up over designing shit. His normal armor already puts him damn in the top tier range. Hell the Silver Centurion(best armor)tanked a couple of shots from the Silver Surfer.

LakeEarth

http://i.imgur.com/4p6Zmm0.gif

One of my favorite Avengers parts was when he shot an arrow, realizes he's out of arrows, pulled one out of the guy, put it back into this quiver, replaces the tip, and then immediately uses it. Cool little details like that made the movie for me.

One of my favorite Avengers parts was when he shot an arrow, realizes he's out of arrows, pulled one out of the guy, put it back into this quiver, replaces the tip, and then immediately uses it. Cool little details like that made the movie for me.

Yup Hawkeye may have been lacking for dialogue in the movie, but Whedon did a great job showcasing the little details of how he fights and such, which I loved.

AMUSIX

Happens so fast that if you blink at the right moment it completely goes away. It's a fun game to play trying to avoid it as many times as possible.

My record is 3 :/

I can't do it more than twice in a row. :(

Haha. I keep blinking one frame too late so I see him a bit longer when my eyes are shut...

What the hell. This is the stupidest game I've ever heard of. It was a fuckup in GIF editing, people, it's not some ridiculous challenge!!!

took me forever to get 4 in a row

edit: ok, I have the timing down now so that I can almost always do 4, but I fuck up on the 5th.

Asbel

Busters is what happens when Tony over think a problem, and ends up over designing shit. His normal armor already puts him damn in the top tier range. Hell the Silver Centurion(best armor)tanked a couple of shots from the Silver Surfer.

It's stupid of Tony to try to beat the Hulk using strength. It's simply done so we can see two big dudes punch each other.

4p6Zmm0.gif

Yeah I liked how his arrow quiver worked in the movie too.

Dom12.gif

It's never sad if the fight is entertaining. I prefer that Iron Man isn't overpowered and loses. Guys like Supes and Hulk get boring because you don't expect them to lose a fight and shockingly, then don't lose. Makes it harder to keep having interesting stories to tell when they're too powerful. Also, the first Hulkbuster appearance didn't lose, although it was a non-fight. I fully expect and want the Hulkbuster to lose in the movie but hope it'll be entertaining as hell.

Well, I dunno about Superman, but the entire point of Hulk fights are that even when he wins, he loses. He might punch the other guy real good, but afterwards, Banner has to go deal with the consequences and those usually involve a fair amount of collateral damage.

When writers understand this, the stories get really interesting. When writers don't understand this and think that pitting Hulk against loads of other enemies for no reason other than "who will win", yeah, it gets boring.

But it's supposed to be about the surrounding of the fight, not the fight itself.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=112777

Mark Ruffalo details Bruce Banner's role in the film, according to Total Film:

Mark Ruffalo offered up at least a few new details in a recent interview with Total Film Magazine. For a start, it appears as if Iron Man won't be the only one kicking himself for creation the sequel's titular villain! "Banner's been living in Stark Tower. They've been working side by side and Bruce has his own lab now. He's doing work that augments Tony's own, which could lead to an experiment going wrong..." Could this be part of the reason why we saw that battle between Hulk and the Hulkbuster in the trailer? We'll have to wait and see, but Bruce will be getting a lot closer to at least one of his fellow Avengers! "His relationship with Natasha deepens. There's something similar about the two of them. I see them as lost souls. They're kindred in some ways." Sounds good, but what's in store for the Hulk?

"He does feel more comfortable with himself," the actor reveals. "His confidence is getting better. But, you know, that gets shaken. His ability to handle the Hulk really gets thrown into question in this film. The hard part is coming back. Hulk doesn't want to cede his place. It's much harder to come back from being Hulk than it is to get into him." That should be an interesting dynamic to see, and something which has been largely unexplored in previous movies featuring the Green Goliath. "I think there's a whole other chapter we haven't seen yet where you find the other nuances within him. The battle of identity going on between him and Banner is all about establishing dominance. The only thing that Hulk is really afraid of is Banner. That's an interesting dynamic." Oh, and for those of you worrying that Avengers: Age of Ultron will be too dark, Ruffalo promises: "What Joss is going after is really big. But there's still lots of laughs. There's some goofy stuff. I mean, it's Whedon!"

HeySeuss

What I would like to know, since I don't follow the comic books, is once the Civil War kicks off and everybody picks a side, how would whatever side the Hulk is on lose?

I would guess Thor would be opposite Hulk for balance, but we all know hulk wins that fight. Unless hulk doesn't pick a side?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What I would like to know, since I don't follow the comic books, is once the Civil War kicks off and everybody picks a side, how would whatever side the Hulk is on lose?

I would guess Thor would be opposite Hulk for balance, but we all know hulk wins that fight. Unless hulk doesn't pick a side?

Because Comicbooks.
Also its quiete possible that Hulk and Thor will stay neutral/are going to be thrown out of the ring for the time of of events.

I'm pretty sure Hulk was offworld at the time thanks to Professor X, Tony Stark, Reed Richards and the rest of the Illuminati sending him away.

Sheroking

The assumption is that the storyline ends with Civil War. Seeing as we have no indication that either Ruffalo or Hemsworth are in Civil War, I'd say they are neutral/elsewhere for it.

Civil War in general feels like it will be far smaller in scale.

The assumption is that Civil War ends with Civil War. Seeing as we have no indication that either Ruffalo or Hemsworth are in Civil War, I'd say they are neutral/elsewhere for it.

Yep. Which is a good thing.

richiek

I'm pretty sure Hulk was offworld at the time thanks to Professor X, Tony Stark, Reed Richards and the rest of the Illuminati sending him away.

This is why people have speculated that
Hulk will be shot into space at the end of the film and join the Guardians of the Galaxy, despite James Gunn denying it.

HeySeuss

The assumption is that the storyline ends with Civil War. Seeing as we have no indication that either Ruffalo or Hemsworth are in Civil War, I'd say they are neutral/elsewhere for it.

Cap and Stark are going to have a fight scene as it's been brewing for awhile. I think it's an interesting idea that the Civil War doesn't actually culminate with a battle and could just be posturing with the threat of imminent battle just inches away.

Asbel

Sometimes the Hulk will get knocked out, sometimes he just gets madder. They may come up with a flimsy reason for it.

This is why people have speculated that
Hulk will be shot into space at the end of the film and join the Guardians of the Galaxy, despite James Gunn denying it.
How would this happen in the confines of the MCU?
Is Ultron going to be responsible instead of the Illuminati? Will Thor and co. banish him to one of the other Nine Realms?

Sometimes the Hulk will get knocked out, sometimes he just gets madder. They may come up with a flimsy reason for it.

Banner tried to shoot his brains out and the Hulk spit the bullet out. I don't think Banner can be subdued unless Hulk allows it. But, yeah, its a movie so they can do whatever they want. But I hope richiek is right with his prediction.

richiek

Thor: Ragnarok is supposed to take place directly after Age of Ultron, so it's a good bet Thor will be off world for Civil War.

Asbel

Banner tried to shoot his brains out and the Hulk spit the bullet out. I don't think Banner can be subdued unless Hulk allows it. But, yeah, its a movie so they can do whatever they want. But I hope richiek is right with his prediction.

In Incredible Hulk, Hulk would have been subdued by the sonic gun if Betty wasn't around. In Avengers, I think we are supposed to believe the aliens surrounding and firing at Hulk had him subdued to make us think the Avengers are losing the fight against the aliens.

In Incredible Hulk, Hulk would have been subdued by the sonic gun if Betty wasn't around. In Avengers, I think we are supposed to believe the aliens surrounding and firing at Hulk had him subdued to make us think the Avengers are losing the fight against the aliens.

Knocking Banner out isn't quite the same as wearing the Hulk down or using mind altering gadgets. Hulk isn't unstoppable but he is very tough to stop by way of Banner.

Asbel

Knocking Banner out isn't quite the same as wearing the Hulk down or using mind altering gadgets. Hulk isn't unstoppable but he is very tough to stop by way of Banner.

Oh, I was just giving a generic way of beating Hulk if Hulk were to pick a side in Civil War, whether or not it's one punch or wearing him down. It's implied in the MCU movies that he can be beat. It's unlikely Hulk will be knocked out by a punch but it could happen. Abomination hit him so hard he did a fish walk.

I think that's basically the cliffhanger I want to see from this movie. Hulk simply refusing to turn back to Banner, and no one knows when he'll be seen again.

I think that's basically the cliffhanger I want to see from this movie. Hulk simply refusing to turn back to Banner, and no one knows when he'll be seen again.
I kinda got that vibe from the trailer with Banner staggering through the forest and his condition in the quinjet, like he had his worst internal struggle changing back to Banner and it really fucked him up.

Hulk will be fighting as a gladiator off-planet, don't you worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom