• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
More pics:

JTUXLhb.jpg

I'm not sold on Black Widow's TRON gear. I guess they had to make her pop against all these other cool characters but blue lights? I guess shes cleared to go to a rave after the battle.

OldRoutes

I don't like the Chitauri link. I was thinking that Ultron was a scrapped experiment by Hank Pym which Stark and Banner then continue.

Yeah but I think it answers the 'why only now?' aspect of that theory.

Probably Hank Pym and Stark had figured out something, but they needed an AI that was powerful enough to get the idea started.

They find this AI in the ruins of the fight, and it jump starts the development of both Vision and Ultron.

Ovid

Ultron and Vision profile pic:

vTWs2ok.jpg

So Ultron has nothing to do with the creation of Vision???
Interesting.

So Ultron is from the Chiaturi and since the Chitauri are servants of Thanos...

thanos.gif
Lol.

I don't like the Chitauri link. I was thinking that Ultron was a scrapped experiment by Hank Pym which Stark and Banner then continue.
That's what everyone thought (including me).

Isn't Vision basically JARVIS, since Paul Bettany plays both characters?
I cant wait to see the reason why Stark and Banner decide to "strip" JARVIS down and implant him into the Vision (I'm assuming thats what's going to happen).

Well, it just says "simple computer program found among the ruins of the Chitauri invasion of New York." That could imply it was something they stumbled across in any of the buildings that were destroyed during the battle, not necessarily that the AI is of Chitauri origin. They could have just found Pym's old secret lab or something when cleaning up the city.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Well, it just says "simple computer program found among the ruins of the Chitauri invasion of New York." That could imply it was something they stumbled across in any of the buildings that were destroyed during the battle, not necessarily that the AI is of Chitauri origin. They could have just found Pym's old secret lab or something when cleaning up the city.

I wonder if Ultron could be related to Project Insight.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ugh .. why does Ultron have to come from the Chitauri ?

The concept of Tony making it, and it backfiring makes a great story point for Civil War to take place.

Maybe it's related to the 'slaving' technology that made all the Chitauri inert/dead when the mother ship was destroyed/portal was closed. Could explain the plethora of robots.

Bizazedo

Given the wording and the use of the words "simple computer program", you're probably right.

Regardless of his origins, I do have the distinct feeling that Vision is going to be the breakout character in the film, where he completely steals the movie.

guek

Banned
My theory was that ultron would gain sentience after coming into contact with the mind stone. I gathered that's what Strucker was foreshadowing shebang he said it was the age of miracles.

Blader

yeah, that was my thought too. "Tony revives a dormant peacekeeping program" is a pretty explicit line. Ultron being of Chitauri origin would totally contradict that (and how? not as if Whedon has rewritten his backstory in between that first synopsis and now), but the dormant peacekeeping program being discovered after the fallout of the Chitauri battle would still make sense.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I'm not sold on Black Widow's TRON gear. I guess they had to make her pop against all these other cool characters but blue lights? I guess shes cleared to go to a rave after the battle.

why would they change the color from the first movie...green would look cooler though, whatever it works and will be in motion anyway.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Or even red to fall in line with a black widow

Meh , im just glad shes getting gear, she was literally a hand to hand fighter and pistol whipping expert in her appearances before. She really is a damn full on action hero though, she should have sniper rifles, shot guns, tech gadgets (she did have some in IM2), widows sting, assault rifles, many grenades, many stun devices. She's one of the best operatives on earth along with clint, bobby, bucky , Quartermain and others. Pimping out the agent heroes lets the genius heroes create another dimension to the MCU. Would've been nice to have the FF involved at some point but maybe later. Stark, Banner, Pym, Tchalla, Cho, and others will have to do for now.

XAL

I'm questioning the shit out of those blurbs. Ultron originating from a Chitauri program? Doesn't make sense.

Couldn't it not be a Chitauri program?

The wording states that it was a simple computer program found hidden among the ruins of the Chitauri Invasion. It doesn't explicitly say it is a Chitauri program, just that it was found in the ruins of the invasion.

Maybe Pym's company/research lab, etc was destroyed in the invasion and Stark found it on clean up duty?

From the official synopsis:

Marvel Studios presents “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to the Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/23273..._marvels_avengers_age_of_ultron#ixzz3NSDgbpfV

A dormant peace keeping program found in Chitauri tech? It's more likely that the dormant peace keeping program was locked away by Pym and it was exposed during the invasion.

Yeah, that wording doesn't make me think it's alien tech, just something Tony found in the wake of the invasion.

Pymtech would be awesome, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Yeah, that wording doesn't make me think it's alien tech, just something Tony found in the wake of the invasion.

Pymtech would be awesome, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Simple answer: Pym and co created Ultron 0.1. Deemed it too unstable/didn't trust Shield. Chitauri Invasion - mad tech fell from the sky. Stark found both, combined them, slowly Ultron gains sentience.

HeySeuss

We should be getting close to the release of a new trailer, right? Seems all of these sudden concept art and pic leaks are building to something.

Was a Superbowl trailer confirmed? Because that's still 2 months away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom