• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be getting close to the release of a new trailer, right? Seems all of these sudden concept art and pic leaks are building to something.

Was a Superbowl trailer confirmed? Because that's still 2 months away.

Looking at the release of Cap TWS trailer 2, it didnt come until February, so I'd say that's when we are going to see trailer 2 for this film.

yqZhpyw.jpg

That looked like a kiloton drop.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I can't wait for Vision to be the latest person to punk Thanos out.

THANOS: I am a Mad Titan.
VISION: LOOK HERE. BITCH. I HAVE GAINS. YOU ARE. CHICKEN. LEG. SON. OF. A. BITCH.
THANOS: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Then Vision tells Scarlet Witch to create a reality where Thanos didn't skip leg day, and she can't. Because he's a chicken leg looking motherfucker.

That or 'ULTRON, I WOULD HAVE WORDS WITH THEE.'

I can't wait for Vision to be the latest person to punk Thanos out.

THANOS: I am a Mad Titan.
VISION: LOOK HERE. BITCH. I HAVE GAINS. YOU ARE. CHICKEN. LEG. SON. OF. A. BITCH.
THANOS: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Then Vision tells Scarlet Witch to create a reality where Thanos didn't skip leg day, and she can't. Because he's a chicken leg looking motherfucker.

That or 'ULTRON, I WOULD HAVE WORDS WITH THEE.'

Fucking lol'd at this

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Vision looks truly incredible, never doubt Marvel dammit. I also love the fact he looks like Bettany alright

still not sold on Ultron's face. I would have preferred if they kept his iconic HEH HEH smile, would have been super creepy on screen

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Vision's cape has similar designs to the "circuit" panels on his body running through it. I wonder if the need for a cape will be lampshaded by it performing a technological function. Such as a relation to cloaking, phasing, or levitating. Since it appears he doesn't fly using Stark repulsor thrusters.

J10

Banned
Vision's cape has similar designs to the "circuit" panels on his body running through it. I wonder if the need for a cape will be lampshaded by it performing a technological function. Such as a relation to cloaking, phasing, or levitating. Since it appears he doesn't fly using Stark repulsor thrusters.

So basically...

The Vision Be Like
cape.png

Boem

So basically...

The Vision Be Like
cape.png

I just realized that I have no idea how Mario's cape is supposed to work. Running around with it, it's clearly attached around his neck, so he should hold the lower two corners in order to float. However, in that picture the cape seems to be attached to the soles of his feet while he's holding the upper corners. That makes no sense at all.

My childhood is crumbling before my eyes right now.

We should be getting close to the release of a new trailer, right? Seems all of these sudden concept art and pic leaks are building to something.

Was a Superbowl trailer confirmed? Because that's still 2 months away.
Superbowl is basically a lock. The second trailers for Marvel's may releases usually hit around March.

GatorBait

Anyone else feel like Marvel really needs to nail the portrayal of Vision in this? Like, really appeal to the mass market by him being an awesome superhero who the audience can also connect with in some way?

I'm thinking this assuming that Vision becomes a mainstay in The Avengers going forward (unless say Thanos rips him to shreds in A3/4). If they can do that, I'd imagine any transition of the Avengers team into new members in phase 4 will go smoothly.

J10

Banned
Anyone else feel like Marvel really needs to nail the portrayal of Vision in this? Like, really appeal to the mass market by him being an awesome superhero who the audience can also connect with in some way?

I'm thinking this assuming that Vision becomes a mainstay in The Avengers going forward (unless say Thanos rips him to shreds in A3/4). If they can do that, I'd imagine any transition of the Avengers team into new members in phase 4 will go smoothly.

No more than any one else. It's not like any of these characters were coasting on name recognition out the gate, aside from Hulk maybe.

kunonabi

The only thing I don't like is the cape. It's true to the comics but I think we all need to just admit that capes are generally dumb.

We don't need to do any such thing. Plenty of the Marvel characters don't have capes so having a couple that do is good for variety. They only look dumb when they drag on the floor like MoS.

I'm fairly confident Vision is gonna be a breakout character.

Some characters would look really stupid without them though.

...or would they look even better with a more modern costume design that pays homage to the original but doesn't need the cape?

I just feel like capes are kinda lazy these days. You can give a hero/villain that grand form without the silly theatrical stuff, it just takes more work.

Vision looks truly incredible, never doubt Marvel dammit. I also love the fact he looks like Bettany alright

still not sold on Ultron's face. I would have preferred if they kept his iconic HEH HEH smile, would have been super creepy on screen
Agreed. I can't stand that smug ass look he has on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom