• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Banned
Downey's been scooped!

I think you mean, "ABC's been scooped again!"

marvel%20hydra_1414063677871_9302152_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Joss Whedon: 'Avengers' Sequel Was a "Nightmare" Due to Expanded Superhero Cast

Directing arguably the most anticipated sequel of the year is no easy feat. But Joss Whedon said dealing with fans' expectations for Avengers: Age of Ultron was not the main challenge, but the expanded superhero ensemble.

"Shoot me in the face! It is a nightmare. I long for the simple movies like Serenity!" he told U.K. magazine SFX. "This is the hardest juggling act I have ever, ever tried to pull off."

With the Avengers ranks having swelled to include Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch and Aaron Taylor-Johnson’s lightning-fast Quicksilver, together with an expanded non-voice role for Paul Bettany with android The Vision, Whedon has had to ensure everyone fits in the same universe without looking out of place.

"They’re very disparate characters. The joy of the Avengers is they really don’t belong in the same room. It’s not like the X-Men who are all tortured by the same thing and have similar costumes," he explained. "These guys are just all over the place. And so it’s tough. Honestly, this is as though as anything I’ve ever done, and I haven’t worked this hard since I had three shows on the air."

E the Shaggy

Honestly, I think the formula of having the individual hero flicks introduce new characters is the best way to go.

Maybe they should have held off on Quicksilver, SW, and Vision, and instead had Falcon, War Machine, and Winter Soldier step up.

Ithil

Well Whedon only has himself to blame. By his own admission after Avengers 1 he he said he wouldn't do it if he wasn't allowed to use Ultron, Vision, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in the sequel.

"expanded non-voice role"?

As in Bettany isn't just doing some voiceover work in post-production, he has a physical role.

B_N3GboUsAAB-bC.jpg

Dem red eyes.

I'd say at this point that Wanda fucks with Banner's head, then he's in the quinjet sitting on the floor with the red eyes. Something happens (they all argue or something) which makes Banner snap and he goes on a rampage as Hulk. Stark gets in the hulkbuster to stop him, at some point that scene with Black Widow doing the whole hand thing with Hulk which shakes him out of the mind control but not completely.

J10

Banned
Whedon also said he intended to go smaller in the sequel. Then he went bigger because nobody stopped him from going bigger.

I'd say at this point that Wanda fucks with Banner's head, then he's in the quinjet sitting on the floor with the red eyes. Something happens (they all argue or something) which makes Banner snap and he goes on a rampage as Hulk. Stark gets in the hulkbuster to stop him, at some point that scene with Black Widow doing the whole hand thing with Hulk which shakes him out of the mind control but not completely.

Scarlet Witch is OP in every universe. I love it.

raphier

Banned

I am fairly sure she fucks up with everyone, including Thor.

Ithil

Well he said he intended to go more "focused" and deeper in the sequel, not exactly "smaller", since Avengers 1 is an origin story for the team and thus most of it is set-up and build.

With a sequel he could just launch into an Avengers story. I would have said it seemed relatively self contained as a story (Ultron is an Earth based villain created by humans, rather than a cosmic threat) but now it seems to have a lot of fingers in pies.

But I guess Whedon could have started out with a specific idea and it morphed into something else over the course of making it.

Pachimari

I can see Scarlet Witch becoming my favorite. She's just way too cool fucking with everybody's minds.

Are we not getting any of those character portraits/cards/posters today? The twins please?

Same here. Told myself to go on a media blackout but here I am waiting for this week's trailer.

Also added all the character posters together. All that's missing are the twins.

16088437854_e88d2673ef_k.jpg

Where can I find every one of these in higher quality?

Only 30%? Man, this is moving slower than I thought.

How long as it been up for? It's at 32% and it's only 10:30AM here in the east coast. We'll probably have it unlocked later tonight.

Where can I find every one of these in higher quality?
There are some here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=116082

You can just google the rest. I found the others on FB but they're probably up on other websites.

Or if you want here's the link to the HQ version of that poster I put together. Didn't link it directly since it's 9000 x 1500. You can edit out each character.

How long as it been up for? It's at 32% and it's only 10:30AM here in the east coast. We'll probably have it unlocked later tonight.

It is going up 1% every couple of minutes it seems. Only a couple of hours then at that rate.

I have no idea how long it has been up though, but once other coasts wake up it will jump a lot.

She's the younger, more talented and better looking sister of the Olsen twins.

Havok to Cyclops, if you will.

Snap.

Pachimari

There's more than one?
There's three.

There are some here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=116082

You can just google the rest. I found the others on FB but they're probably up on other websites.

Or if you want here's the link to the HQ version of that poster I put together. Didn't link it directly since it's 9000 x 1500. You can edit out each character.

Thanks for your link. That super highres one is a good help. :)

Penguin

make a new thread for the campaign for the trailer, too few look in here

1)Seems silly since... basically making a thread to advertise

2)It's currently the number 2 trending topic WW, I don't necessarily think GAF is gonna give it a bigger bump than that

3)This really is going slower than I thought. So far the 2nd hour is slower than the first!

Pachimari

It really sucks that we haven't gotten any promotional pictures or character art of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

I know they're starting out as enemies, but even Ultron have promo arts - even Vision who they supposedly want to promote as little as possible.

:(

It is going up 1% every couple of minutes it seems. Only a couple of hours then at that rate.

I have no idea how long it has been up though, but once other coasts wake up it will jump a lot.

It's been up since 9am EST, I believe.

It's at 42% after 2 hours.

It went up 5% in the past 15 minutes.

That means, at this rate, it'll be 100% at 2pm EST.

dabig2

It's been up since 9am EST, I believe.

It's at 42% after 2 hours.

It went up 5% in the past 15 minutes.

That means, at this rate, it'll be 100% at 2pm EST.

Sounds about right. West Coast is still in the process of waking up and getting ready for the day, so it should be going much faster in the next couple hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom