• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMUSIX

Some gifs from a 1080p source.
vhIGPSw.gif
The Ultron Drone bailing in the lower front of the mob is cracking me up

sol_bad

Thor didn't even break a sweat against an army of Frost Giants, are we really expecting him to have a tough time against the Ultron drones?

will be crazy if we get the record broken twice in the same year. i feel like star wars is gonna be even bigger than this domestically

My mates and I have had discussions about this already. Which will get more money, Ultron or Force Awakens? It's going to be an amazing year for Disney.

XAL

its from an avengers book so i dont see why adamantium would be exclusively at fox...that would be like saying no no no sony has gold, and marvel has argon.

The only reason people know what adamantium is - is because of Wolverine.

That's why the rights to it belongs to Fox.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It looks like the minions are garbage-tier for all characters, really. I think it will be more about the quantity of them and how they'll set the heroes back during a certain event than being an actual direct threat. There's only so many you can dispatch at once even if you're the Hulk.

edit: lol beaten

Fuu

So, like the First Avengers movie then.
If we're being reductive, then yeah, like the first movie. It's also another movie about the Avengers banding together against a threat bigger than themselves. Etc.

I'm sure the reason why the Ultron minions battle will happen, how long it will take, and how the fight itself will develop will all be particular enough to differentiate it from the Chitauri battle in Avengers.

If we're being reductive, then yeah, like the first movie. It's also another movie about the Avengers banding together against a threat bigger than themselves. Etc.

I'm sure the reason why the Ultron minions battle will happen, how long it will take, and how the fight itself will develop will all be particular enough to differentiate it from the Chitauri battle in Avengers.

there's also the fact that Ultron will be launching a worldwide attack with his drones, splitting the team up and weakening them. there are ways to make the stakes higher with these kinda things.

honestly i'm fine with stuff like that. i live for scenes of the team coming together and beating on fodder.

Fuu

there's also the fact that Ultron will be launching a worldwide attack with his drones, splitting the team up and weakening them. there are ways to make the stakes higher with these kinda things.

honestly i'm fine with stuff like that. i live for scenes of the team coming together and beating on fodder.
Yep, same here. I'm especially giddy to see more combined moves.

tumblr_m81buqj5dM1qcw2r4o1_500.gif

Yep, same here. I'm especially giddy to see more combined moves.

tumblr_m81buqj5dM1qcw2r4o1_500.gif

While it would have made more sense for Tony to fire a beam at the shield with one hand and a second beam at the Chitauri with the other, that moment is too awesome for me to be upset. That entire shot showing the entire team is still one of the best moments put in a super hero film. It felt like a huge double splash page brought to life. Whatever faults that Avengers has as a whole, that final battle sequence was so great.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
why doesn't Tony just fire his beam at the robot?

The vibranium amplifies the repulsor beams.

And using your buddy's shield to deflect a laserbeam at aliens is ballsout awesome.

I'm hoping for a Iron Man - Thor combo, where Thor amplifies the suit to 400% or more.

guek

Banned
While it would have made more sense for Tony to fire a beam at the shield with one hand and a second beam at the Chitauri with the other, that moment is too awesome for me to be upset. That entire shot showing the entire team is still one of the best moments put in a super hero film. It felt like a huge double splash page brought to life. Whatever faults that Avengers has as a whole, that final battle sequence was so great.

I always justified it as concentrating two repulsor blasts into one beam with greater force. Plus it was rad as hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom