• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

Having Mr. Stark being solely responsible for creating Ultron would prove to be an interesting twist, given how movie-verse Tony has mentioned about the Manhattan Project & Oppenheimer in the previous Iron Man films. And with Ultron's first appearance, he acted in a way that is best described as a "hypnotized Edwin Jarvis," so having the movie-verse Ultron corrupting Tony's artificial intelligence would both prove to me a neat nod to the comics.

However, I do hope that it would be explained that it was created by Hank Pym. Or at the very least, having a couple of scenes showing Hank making Ultron, or even someone mentioning that "Hank took things a little too far in building this thing." would be perfect. And given that the next movie is the Ant Man film, it would be a great justification for why Hank suits up, as well as being a transition for him being an otherwise carefree guy into a man that hates himself, as well as developing an arrogant personality.

Any conflict will be light and easily resolvable. They're clearly not in the business of leaving anybody with any feeling but excitement and happiness, which is also why they're not going to be killing love interests or ending movies on a sour note. Civil War was the ultimate sour note (and not just because it was bad).

This is why IM3 left such a bad taste in my mouth... the whole ending and how they left things. Excitement and happiness aren't the words to describe how I felt. More like melancholy and uncertainty.

And given that the next movie is the Ant Man film, it would be a great justification for why Hank suits up, as well as being a transition for him being an otherwise carefree guy into a man that hates himself, as well as developing an arrogant personality.

Well according to story news **you can stop reading here if you don't want know** Hank is old in the current timeline of the MCU and is played by Michael Douglas. The movie will probably focus more on Scott Lange (played by Paul Rudd) who steals the Ant-Man suit.
As we do know it is more of a heist movie.

They were buds, but they weren't above trolling eachother.

Of course. That's what makes their dynamic the best. I don't really think Clint ever knew when to stop, even when realizing he did something dumb; which is a theme that continues to play our in the pages of Hawkguy as we speak.

Blues1990

They were buds, but they weren't above trolling eachother.

Being a fan of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, this was my favourite moment from the First Season of the show.

Well according to story news **you can stop reading here if you don't want know** Hank is old in the current timeline of the MCU and is played by Michael Douglas. The movie will probably focus more on Scott Lange (played by Paul Rudd) who steals the Ant-Man suit.

Huh. I honestly don't know I feel about this. :/

I kinda prefer this. We already have 'Arrogant scientist dude creates a powerful suit to take on bad guys and probably learns how to be a better person'.

Now we'll get 'Arrogant, probably loser, thief steals powerful suit and has to take on bad guys and learn how to be a better person'

How is Wasp going to work?

Shaanyboi

Banned
How is Wasp going to work?

Have Hank married to Jan, who was Wasp when she was younger? And if they really want Wasp to possibly appear in future movies, have their daughter take the mantle. Why not? They made Rhodey Iron Patriot (which makes a hell of a lot more sense than Norman Osborn, anyway)

Dennis

Banned
Now, kiss!

eNjnMuO.jpg

I kinda prefer this. We already have 'Arrogant scientist dude creates a powerful suit to take on bad guys and probably learns how to be a better person'.

Now we'll get 'Arrogant, probably loser, space-thief steals powerful artifact and has to take on bad guys and learn how to be a better person'

And I just turned it into GotG.

:p

Damn. Just watched some clips of EMH and that shit was way more violent then what I was expecting lol. When they fought Ultron there where like 3 decapitations haha.

Having Mr. Stark being solely responsible for creating Ultron would prove to be an interesting twist, given how movie-verse Tony has mentioned about the Manhattan Project & Oppenheimer in the previous Iron Man films. And with Ultron's first appearance, he acted in a way that is best described as a "hypnotized Edwin Jarvis," so having the movie-verse Ultron corrupting Tony's artificial intelligence would both prove to me a neat nod to the comics.

However, I do hope that it would be explained that it was created by Hank Pym. Or at the very least, having a couple of scenes showing Hank making Ultron, or even someone mentioning that "Hank took things a little too far in building this thing." would be perfect. And given that the next movie is the Ant Man film, it would be a great justification for why Hank suits up, as well as being a transition for him being an otherwise carefree guy into a man that hates himself, as well as developing an arrogant personality.

While I could definitely see it happening, as I've said earlier, I think it would be interesting to have Banner build Ultron during his year in Stark Tower. Especially given that Pym canonically made Ultron based on his own brain patterns. And who has the most fucked up violent brain patterns of the current team? Yup.

I can see Tony turning JARVIS into Vision though.

LaNaranja

While I could definitely see it happening, as I've said earlier, I think it would be interesting to have Banner build Ultron during his year in Stark Tower. Especially given that Pym canonically made Ultron based on his own brain patterns. And who has the most fucked up violent brain patterns of the current team? Yup.

Holy shit that would be pretty great.

Dryk

EMH was great.
EMH was my introduction to everything Marvel that wasn't in a Phase 1 movie. It did a pretty good job of that and I really liked their take on Hank Pym and why he went Yellowjacket.

Also obligatory repost of epic gif:
0neAHGT.gif

massoluk

Banned
EMH was my introduction to everything Marvel that wasn't in a Phase 1 movie. It did a pretty good job of that and I really liked their take on Hank Pym and why he went Yellowjacket.

0neAHGT.gif

Hawkeye should have just hit the guy with his arrow.

Either that or used a timed bomb on the tip.

Either way would have been more logical then missing the guy by a small margin just to give the guy with the lame power something to do...

post-39876-I-gotta-get-some-fuckin-friend-o5nT.gif

And thus, all comic book logic is for shit.

"Why would Iron Man fire his beam at Cap's shield to reflect it, he could have just aimed at the enemy"

BECAUSE THAT'S NOT COOL TO WATCH BLACK WIND.

Dryk

Either way would have been more logical then missing the guy by a small margin just to give the guy with the lame power something to do...
If it doesn't work then he just gets back up and grabs the cube, at least this way one of them is actually there and can do something about it. Also if Ant-Man's powers are lame then invisibility is also lame.

NotLiquid

0neAHGT.gif

We're going to have to wait for Avengers 3 for a scene like this.

Fuck this.

Sheroking

This is why IM3 left such a bad taste in my mouth... the whole ending and how they left things. Excitement and happiness aren't the words to describe how I felt. More like melancholy and uncertainty.

They didn't have RDJ under contract when it was shot. If he chose not to return, it was literally the happiest way they could write him out.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

I can see Tony turning JARVIS into Vision though.

Wow, I really want this now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom