• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned
Bl6_RoZCIAEeKkX.jpg:large

I think RDJ drew the short straw here

I just realized there are TWO Chris' here. Must get confusing sometimes.

It's probably a joke since he makes so much more than everybody else they couldn't afford a normal chair for him.

Or a short joke. Both would work...lol

If it was a short joke, then Scarlett Johanson's chair should have been the lowest. And if you were only counting the men, Ruffalo is shorter than RDJ.

would that be pics of the suit before or after Hulk utterly beat it to pieces.
lol scrub buster armor.

Hopefully we get a decent fight scene out of it first before Hulk utterly destroys the armor. At least for the Hulkbuster's introduction, they need to establish that it looks pretty cool fighting him but is ultimately useless.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Bl6_RoZCIAEeKkX.jpg:large

I think RDJ drew the short straw here

I'd love to see chairs for the full cast, especially Avengers 3

Evans, Renner, RDJ, Hemsworth, Johansson, Ruffalo, Rudd, Mackie, Smulders, Stan, Jackson, Paltrow, Cheadle, Bettany, Olsen, TJ.

half of that is wishful thinking but still :p

LaNaranja

Beautiful. Who do people think is ultimately going to get to kill Ultron? Hulk? Thor? Iron Man? Kid Nova? Or maybe someone out of left field like Rhodey, Hawkeye, or Pepper?

I'd love to see chairs for the full cast, especially Avengers 3

Evans, Renner, RDJ, Hemsworth, Johansson, Ruffalo, Rudd, Mackie, Smulders, Stan, Jackson, Paltrow, Cheadle, Bettany, Olsen, TJ.

half of that is wishful thinking but still :p

As much as it pains me to say it, I would be genuinely surprised if we saw Cheadle in any more Marvel movies after Age of Ultron.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40833

Joss talks Age of Ultron:

Age Of Ultron, of course, involves a certain criss-crossing of villainy. Baron Wolfgang von Strucker (Thomas Kretschmann), Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and the Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) are all on hand to ramp up the menace levels for the Avengers, with James Spader's Ultron delivering megalomania galore. For Whedon, though, each character has a carefully designed place in the story; none is superfluous or there as fan bait. "I fiercely dislike the idea of just throwing in more people for the sake of doing that," he stressed. "But last time I had all of Earth's Mightiest Heroes versus one British character actor, and I needed more conflict."

So what of his uber-bad, then? "I'm having a blast with Ultron," Whedon said. "He's not a creature of logic - he's a robot who's genuinely disturbed. We're finding out what makes him menacing and at the same time endearing and funny and strange and unexpected, and everything a robot never is."

It's certainly a departure for a Marvel character who probably wouldn't list a 'GSOH' on his dating profile. Then again, we think he might scare potential Mrs Ultrons away anyway, what with the daddy issues and the pathological hatred of humanity.

As for the movie's UK locations, Whedon explained how he plans to use them to give his sequel a fresh aesthetic. "The number of different looks and textures and moods we're getting from the British locations is stupid awesome", he enthused, "because this, palette-wise, is very different. I'm trying to make a different film. Because why would you make one movie twice? That seems weird."

LaNaranja

I have a pitch:

Winter Soldier
Captain Marvel
War Machine
Lady Sif
She Hulk
Vision

MCU Secret/West Coast Avengers anyone? Or too expensive?

Replace Captain Marvel with Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk with Hawkeye and take out Lady Sif and you have a pretty solid West Coast Avengers team. Maybe throw in Ant-Man too.

Captain Marvel is OP for a team like that and She-Hulk hasn't been introduced in the MCU yet. Lady Sif is nice to look at but she is scrub tier in the MCU and wouldn't add anything to the team.

It probably wouldn't be too expensive to make (likely less than Iron Man 3) but I don't think we are going to see anything small scale with the word "Avengers" in the title until after Avengers 3.

Whedon explained how he plans to use them to give his sequel a fresh aesthetic. "The number of different looks and textures and moods we're getting from the British locations is stupid awesome", he enthused, "because this, palette-wise, is very different. I'm trying to make a different film. Because why would you make one movie twice? That seems weird."

Does this seem like a jab at WB and DC or am I imagining things?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Replace Captain Marvel with Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk with Hawkeye and take out Lady Sif and you have a pretty solid West Coast Avengers team. Maybe throw in Ant-Man too.

Captain Marvel is OP for a team like that and She-Hulk hasn't been introduced in the MCU yet. Lady Sif is nice to look at but she is scrub tier in the MCU and wouldn't add anything to the team.

It probably wouldn't be too expensive to make (likely less than Iron Man 3) but I don't think we are going to see anything small scale with the word "Avengers" in the title until after Avengers 3.

Does this seem like a jab at WB and DC or am I imagining things?

still believing in tiers, its all about the execution.

Talking to Empire Magazine, Kevin Feige was quizzed on whether a character like the Scarlet Witch in Avengers: Age of Ultron could be used as a way of introducing a mytical side to the Marvel Cinematic Universe ahead of the big screen debut of Doctor Strange. "I would say that the Age of Miracles, as Strucker says at the end of that tag, could be a part of that, but the key to their origin is in that tag." So, what will the role of "The Twins" be in the movie? Well, as previously reported, they will indeed be clashing with Earth's Mightiest Heroes to begin with. "They're not very happy with The Avengers. Their powers are not insignificant and they're quite different from what the Avengers have faced before." Talk then turned to the possibility of Paul Bettany playing The Vision, to which Feige responded only with, "Paul Bettany as The Vision? You're confusing me with your mind games." However, the magazine continued to press him for details and asked if the theme of Avengers: Age of Ultron will be fathers and sons as J.A.R.V.I.S. is given his own body. "I wouldn't go that far, in terms of it being that direct a theme. Certainly humanity and humanity's place in our world plays a large part of it, but I think Thor's about fathers and sons, more than this. If one were to confirm anything about Paul Bettany and look at the arc and the line of what Paul has done for us, that's pretty unique and cool and exciting and spins right out of stories we've told in the past." So, should these comments be takes as confirmation that Bettany will indeed be playing the character? "I'm not at this point in time [Laughs]."

Finally, the Marvel Studios President was asked about the Hulkbuster concept art which made its debut during a Marvel special on ABC. What does it mean for Avengers: Age of Ultron? "That little tease was very intentional on our part. We found it a very compelling image to throw out there. The specifics around it we don't have to do for a while. It's a piece of armour we've wanted to see on screen for a long time, let's put it that way. What is the Hulkbuster suit built for?"

Kevin Feige was asked about recent reports that Thanos will indeed be making a physical appearance in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, and whether or not he will be a CGI creation as in The Avengers or if they actually have someone in mind to play him. While he wouldn't divulge any details about how the character will be brought to life in the movie, Feige did confirm that the role has ben cast. "There is an actor. I'm not sure we want to announce it yet." Comic-Con? Speaking of which, it was at last year's event in San Diego that Batman Vs. Superman was announced, and it has since been slotted in for release opposite Captain America 3 in 2016. How does the Marvel boss feel about people seeing their decision to not move as a sign of confidence in the franchise? "Well, I'm glad people think that way. We had the flag there first. What other people do and where has always been less of our concern. It's about keeping our head down and doing what we would believe would be cool for an audience to see. I wouldn't say that necessarily." Going back to Guardians of the Galaxy, Feige had this to say about the role of the movie in the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe. "Guardians will feel and seem the most separate. But in a summer where people are going to see a lot of sequels, some of which are ours, and a lot of reboots and familiar faces, we were excited about the idea of bringing something new and totally unexpected to the screen."

Kevin Feige was asked about recent reports that Thanos will indeed be making a physical appearance in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, and whether or not he will be a CGI creation as in The Avengers or if they actually have someone in mind to play him. While he wouldn't divulge any details about how the character will be brought to life in the movie, Feige did confirm that the role has ben cast. "There is an actor. I'm not sure we want to announce it yet."

image.php

...seriously, stop it

Tom_Cody

Beautiful. Who do people think is ultimately going to get to kill Ultron? Hulk? Thor? Iron Man? Kid Nova? Or maybe someone out of left field like Rhodey, Hawkeye, or Pepper?
I think the final moment of the final action sequence is going to be something more interesting that someone simply killing Ultron.

I personally know nothing about the plot (I haven't been seeking spoilers) but to me it is very unclear how his threat is going to develop and what the nature of his threat is going to be. I mean, the plot is supposed to involve time travel, right? Or at least I am assuming that since the 'Age of Ultron' arc in the comic did. My guess is that the plot and ultimate conclusion are going to be more more like Inception in structure than the first Avengers. If Ultron is Stark AI gone bad, maybe they will have to defeat an alternate future version of Tony to prevent Ultron's creation? Who knows? But I'm really interested to find out what they are going to do with this.

I think the final moment of the final action sequence is going to be something more interesting that someone simply killing Ultron.

I personally know nothing about the plot (I haven't been seeking spoilers) but to me it is very unclear how his threat is going to develop and what the nature of his threat is going to be. I mean, the plot is supposed to involve time travel, right? Or at least I am assuming that since the 'Age of Ultron' arc in the comic did. My guess is that the plot and ultimate conclusion are going to be more more like Inception in structure than the first Avengers. If Ultron is Stark AI gone bad, maybe they will have to defeat an alternate future version of Tony to prevent Ultron's creation? Who knows? But I'm really interested to find out what they are going to do with this.

This film has nothing to do with the 'Age of Ultron' comics arc, only the name is the same.

mjc

Hulkbuster pretty much confirmed and they have an actor cast for Thanos?!

SHEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIITT

And I think the theme of the movie might be siblings or brotherhood...I could see Jarvis/Vision and Ultron being a foil in that way.

Does anyone think time travel is going to be involved in this one? We've yet to see the time gem/stone and the similarly named age of ultron comic book series relied upon time travel.

EDIT: Great minds...

Whedon already said he just took the name from Age of Ultron, not any of the story cues. The movie will probably be more inspired by Ultron Unlimited than any other Ultron story.

Age of Ultron was horrible, so it's a good thing.

TDLink

Whomp whomp.

Is time travel confirmed to not be part of it? If so I will be very disappointed. I mean, there is a time gem.

Time travel is not confirmed one way or the other.

All that is confirmed is that Ultron will be the primary villain. Baron Strucker is also a villain. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will start as Antagonists. JARVIS is becoming The Vision. The Hulkbuster armour will show up. All of the Avengers from the last film will show up. War Machine is in the movie.

That is everything that has been confirmed about this movie. Nothing else.

Whedon already said he just took the name from Age of Ultron, not any of the story cues. The movie will probably be more inspired by Ultron Unlimited than any other Ultron story.

Age of Ultron was horrible, so it's a good thing.

Yup. And the one concept art piece of Quicksilver looked like he was running through a bunch of robots, so we might get stuff from Ultron Unlimited with an army of inferior versions of Ultron for them to fight.

Also, one does not simply kill Ultron. You just get rid of him for a while. He will always come back in upgraded form later. It wouldn't shock me if the post credit scene is a computer somewhere (maybe even out in space) turning on and it showing Ultron on it, setting him up for later. (Annihilation Conquest maybe).

Yep and Ultron Unlimited involved him slaughtering the population of fictional Eastern European nation Slorenia. Something like that would probably be appropriated to have him attacking the Twins' homeland, which is what gets them to join the Avengers to fight Ultron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom