• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we know if Falcon is in Avengers or not? He was by far my biggest surprise in Captain America 2 and with him and Cap becoming partners I'm not going to accept a no show like they did Hawkeye in Captain America 2 >:[

antonz

So do we know if Falcon is in Avengers or not? He was by far my biggest surprise in Captain America 2 and with him and Cap becoming partners I'm not going to accept a no show like they did Hawkeye in Captain America 2 >:[

I would assume he will play a role going forward. Falcon and Cap are close allies in the comics and do all sorts of stuff together. They did a fantastic job of bringing him to a more grounded marvel universe too and he played off Evans well

dan2026

It's funny. The fictional Black Panther character has outlived the organisation by over 30 years at this point.

That is so...satisfying.

Ithil

The Scarlet Witch appears in a X-Men: Days of Future Past TV spot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhcDZlL6DZA

LMAO, Singer.

Hmmm.

article-0-1c8997e9000x6yte.jpg

article-2588374-1c89eadadb.jpg

I like Whedon's version more.

Wait so Vision is going to be in Avengers 2? I guess I missed that memo why did they not introduce him in Thor or in another film before Avengers 2? At least Hawkeye got a random scene in Thor to give his character some establishment before his introduction, or is Vision a big surprise for Guardians which AFAIK isn't connect to Avengers at this point?

Sorry if these have already been answered been trying to stay out of these threads until I saw Cap 2, still haven't seen Thor 2

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Wait so Vision is going to be in Avengers 2? I guess I missed that memo why did they not introduce him in Thor or in another film before Avengers 2? At least Hawkeye got a random scene in Thor to give his character some establishment before his introduction, or is Vision a big surprise for Guardians which AFAIK isn't connect to Avengers at this point?

Sorry if these have already been answered been trying to stay out of these threads until I saw Cap 2, still haven't seen Thor 2

Paul Bettany is playing Vision, so he's pretty much already been introduced in the MCU as JARVIS.

Ithil

Well Vision's origin is connected to Ultron so wouldn't make sense to introduce him in an earlier film.

I know Whedon is a dab hand at ensembles, and Avengers 1 worked, but even he must be getting tested to his limit with this cast. Hawkeye was shortchanged in screentime in Avengers, and that was only with six team members.
AOU is adding three team members and a villain all needing introductions and roles, while also giving the rest of the team roles (and Whedon said he was giving Hawkeye a big role).

It's a lot to handle.

TDLink

The Vision is going to be JARVIS. He's already been in 4 MCU movies.

Dies Iræ

Well Vision's origin is connected to Ultron so wouldn't make sense to introduce him in an earlier film.

I know Whedon is a dab hand at ensembles, and Avengers 1 worked, but even he must be getting tested to his limit with this cast. Hawkeye was shortchanged in screentime in Avengers, and that was only with six team members.
AOU is adding three team members and a villain all needing introductions and roles, while also giving the rest of the team roles (and Whedon said he was giving Hawkeye a big role).

It's a lot to handle.

First act: Hawkeye + Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch intro.

Second act: Hulkbuster. Ultron origin.

Third act: Vision origin. War Machine joins.

Iron Man, Cap, and Thor take backseat / action roles. I can see it working.

kurahador

Wonder if they have Cap lift Thor's hammer or wait for A3?

They could make it to be the unexpected winning blow for the good guys in A2.

And have Cap casually swinging the hammer in A3 and still loses
or/and died
. Would showcase Thanos as alot more powerful.

Ultron needs to be a beast of a physical fighter, at least in his final form. One problem I had with Avengers 1 is that the big bad, Loki, wasn't really a match for 3 out of the 4 main guys, and even Cap got some good hits on him. Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man all owned him in straight up fights.

Ultron should be a team-level threat, able to easily defeat any of the top guys 1x1. In the cartoon, this was the case. I'm too tired to post the clips, but if you search on youtube, there's one clip from the cartoon where he completely owns Hulk in single combat, and another where he manhandles the entire team (including Thor) for awhile. I want nothing less than this.

My deepest fear is that they pull a Transformers 3, like where early leaks led us to believe that Shockwave would be this formidable big-bad, but ultimately he did jack-shit, and didn't even get the chance to properly fight anyone. I trust that Whedon is a better filmmaker than this though.

Wait ... I just thought about something.

If Thanos is the bad guy that GoTG are after and GoTG is set WAAAAY in the future ... AND Thanos is also the bad guy for Avengers 3 and is also the far-away-threat for the first 2 Avengers movies then how do this work exactly?

I mean, clearly if he's alive in the distant future then he doesn't die in Avengers 3 sooo we already know that film wont kill him off, right? What are they gonna do, just fight him off until he says 'Fuck this, I'm gonna go home" or something?

kmag

It's a lot to handle.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will almost certainly be antagonists for the first two acts while the Ultron threat is built up.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will almost certainly be antagonists for the first two acts while the Ultron threat is built up.

Scarlett Witch's entrance should be nearly jobbing all four avenger's but then faints from the stress of overloading her powers. Also, lol at Fox wasting a good opportunity!

How do you figure the Guardians movie is way in the future? The Thor 2 post-credits scene is tied to Guardians isn't it?

I thought it was stated that it was in the far future already.
Either way it seems like the plot demands that it be set in the future ... right? I mean, Starlord is half Alien and Aliens are not a common thing in this sitting. As we see in AoS the Asgardians have been keeping an eye on earths traffic and haven't noticed any large scale shit or even a hint of it for the most part. Seems like Aliens are a brand new thing.

Plus Starlord was an Earth pilot ... and they haven't given us much reason to think that people in their world have actually explored more space than we have.

Either way it seems like the plot demands that it be set in the future ... right? I mean, Starlord is half Alien and Aliens are not a common thing in this sitting. As we see in AoS the Asgardians have been keeping an eye on earths traffic and haven't noticed any large scale shit or even a hint of it for the most part. Seems like Aliens are a brand new thing.

Plus Starlord was an Earth pilot ... and they haven't given us much reason to think that people in their world have actually explored more space than we have.

StarLord is an abducted Earth man from the 70's/80's.
Plot takes place today but on far away alien planets

Moppeh

Banned

Starlord was abducted by aliens or something in the movie. That's why he has outdated Earth technology (for example, his music player). At least, that's what I heard/assumed.

EDIT: Beaten

Ithil

Dies Iræ;109648396 said:
First act: Hawkeye + Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch intro.

Second act: Hulkbuster. Ultron origin.

Third act: Vision origin. War Machine joins.

Iron Man, Cap, and Thor take backseat / action roles. I can see it working.

I think Iron Man is definitely having a reduced role, and yeah, Cap and Thor probably will too, and that's fine, they have their own movies to concentrate on them.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Ultron needs to be a beast of a physical fighter, at least in his final form. One problem I had with Avengers 1 is that the big bad, Loki, wasn't really a match for 3 out of the 4 main guys, and even Cap got some good hits on him. Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man all owned him in straight up fights.

Ultron should be a team-level threat, able to easily defeat any of the top guys 1x1. In the cartoon, this was the case. I'm too tired to post the clips, but if you search on youtube, there's one clip from the cartoon where he completely owns Hulk in single combat, and another where he manhandles the entire team (including Thor) for awhile. I want nothing less than this.

My deepest fear is that they pull a Transformers 3, like where early leaks led us to believe that Shockwave would be this formidable big-bad, but ultimately he did jack-shit, and didn't even get the chance to properly fight anyone. I trust that Whedon is a better filmmaker than this though.

Ultron doesnt have to be a fighers he's going to be broken power wise. Point and Click boom headshot laser beams and the power of analyzing everything and finding weaknesses. Vibranium and ever growing power sets make ultron a beast. Loki is a manipulator, an army was a good call for that type of char. He oft got the trolls or frost giants or some enemy to attack asgard while it had a weakness.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Wonder if they have Cap lift Thor's hammer or wait for A3?

Nah, they will save that for the final desperate battle between the Avengers and Thanos in A3. And it will be a momentous moment I'm sure, can't fucking wait to see them do that in live film.

Ovek

7Member7
I think Iron Man is definitely having a reduced role, and yeah, Cap and Thor probably will too, and that's fine, they have their own movies to concentrate on them.

I reckon they will injure (not kill) one of them to make Ultron a credible threat to the Avengers and of course to free up space in the script/screen time for the new additions like Scarlett Witch.

Mariolee

Probably December earliest.

Really? I mean Marvel even explained how they knew people were expecting something from Guardians last year and so they had footage prepped specifically for Comic Con despite only a few weeks of being shot. Avengers on the other hand will have been shooting for way longer by the time SDCC comes around. I'm very well expecting the same for this year, and then a refined version of that trailer coming with Guardians in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom