• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if there is a link to watch what was shown at comicon? Just curious because I have heard really good things about what was shown... but can't seem to find anything.

Slayven

I want Katheryn Winnick to play girl-Thor. Come on Marvel, pull the carpet out and announce this for Thor 3.
1821529-thor_girl_1.jpg

Wazzy

Banned
I wasn't a fan of her but I'm actually growing to like the idea of her as Captain Marvel.

Let's get er done Marvel.

Salsa

not gonna lie GOTG kinda deflated a bit of the Ultron hype considering what's cooking. Want them to jump to Avengers 3 nao

i know i know money talks, but do you ever think we'll get Sony/Marvel studios/Fox collaborate on one big giant Avengers or other marvel type film?

its time to put the bullshit aside

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
i know i know money talks, but do you ever think we'll get Sony/Marvel studios/Fox collaborate on one big giant Avengers or other marvel type film?

WELL there'd have to be some serious rebooting in order to make that happen, since each movie universe (marvel/xmen/spiderman) contradicts the other wildly. See: new york being a pile of rubble in marvel, but not spiderman. Mutants being everywhere and the world being obsessed with them in xmen, but them not existing whatsoever in marvel.

It'd have to be some kinda Earth-616 / Earth-XXX / Earth-YYY dimensional crossover story in order to work. Which could... be kinda neat actually.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Los Vingadores sounds like someting Roberto Rodriguez would produce on El Rey; totally bad ass and Spanish.
"Vingadores" is not Spanish though, it's Portuguese.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
WELL there'd have to be some serious rebooting in order to make that happen, since each movie universe (marvel/xmen/spiderman) contradicts the other wildly. See: new york being a pile of rubble in marvel, but not spiderman. Mutants being everywhere and the world being obsessed with them in xmen, but them not existing whatsoever in marvel.

It'd have to be some kinda Earth-616 / Earth-XXX / Earth-YYY dimensional crossover story in order to work. Which could... be kinda neat actually.

They could introduce the Fox Universe via some kind of House of M adaption.

duckroll

Sony might be willing, they've shown signs of at least discussing cross promotional references for Spider-man with Marvel before. Fox is a dead no. Marvel has made it clear they're not interested as long as those rights are with Fox, and Fox has their own stuff going on which is a mess anyway.

Sony might be willing, they've shown signs of at least discussing cross promotional references for Spider-man with Marvel before. Fox is a dead no. Marvel has made it clear they're not interested as long as those rights are with Fox, and Fox has their own stuff going on which is a mess anyway.

I know it would never happen (w/ all 3) but since X-men is already doing time travel, inter-dimensional travel/crossover probably wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

SPidey falling through some sort of wormhole into the MCU new york (I'm not familiar w/ the House of M story line, so I don't know how that one works) with a timer device that sucks him back to his sad Sony-verse could be entertaining though.

Gartooth

Pretty low? I mean, nobody on Earth would know about him. Except possibly Thor, but there'd be no reason for bringing him up.

I wouldn't rule it out entirely. At Comic Con, Marvel brought him out with the Avengers cast for a reason. While he won't be the big bad until probably Avengers 3, I don't think that stops them from having him in the background similar to Avengers 1 and GotG. I have no clue how that'll play into AoU's plot though, unless he is just sitting there and evaluating earth's heroes.

Pennybags

I would still count on some allusion to him continually pulling the strings, considering the investment was started all the way back in the first Avengers.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I wouldn't rule it out entirely. At Comic Con, Marvel brought him out with the Avengers cast for a reason. While he won't be the big bad until probably Avengers 3, I don't think that stops them from having him in the background similar to Avengers 1 and GotG. I have no clue how that'll play into AoU's plot though, unless he is just sitting there and evaluating earth's heroes.

Probably just looking for Loki.

'It's been a year and a bit since my lackey swore we'd kill Loki, let's turn the Earth channel on and see if he's still there.'

Well, Ultron is a man-made problem there, so Thanos wouldn't really have anything to do with it.

The only thing I can think of that would slot Thanos into Avengers 2, would be if Loki's staff turns out to be the Mind Gem and we get an after credits sequence with Thanos finding out about that.

Magwik

Banned
So if the rights to Spidey were to ever go back to Marvel, couldn't they just have Spiderman take place AFTER the Avenger movies have taken place?

Pennybags

Well, Ultron is a man-made problem there, so Thanos wouldn't really have anything to do with it.

The only thing I can think of that would slot Thanos into Avengers 2, would be if Loki's staff turns out to be the Mind Gem and we get an after credits sequence with Thanos finding out about that.

Yeah, I would think the staff is what ties it together for another Thanos tease.

Gartooth

So if the rights to Spidey were to ever go back to Marvel, couldn't they just have Spiderman take place AFTER the Avenger movies have taken place?

Given that Marvel has the reputation of being control freaks with their movies, I think what is more likely to happen would be them waiting a phase or two, and then rebooting Spider-Man for their universe.

The Mind Gem doesn't exist in the MCU.

Gartooth

I think one of the things I'm looking forward to the most in this movie is the hints of a complex villain in Ultron. Loki and
Alexander Pierce
aside, all the villains in the MCU were either evil with no reasoning behind it, or had very poor personal vendettas against the protagonist.

The Mind Gem doesn't exist in the MCU.

It'll probably be called something else, but the function would be the same is what I'm getting at. Secret infinity stone.

Though really, if they're going to make the staff a secret stone, I'd prefer them to reveal it right before Thanos nabs it and adds it to his collection of all the others. Turn it into a big old "ho shit" moment.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Feige explicitly states that Thanos won't be in Age of Ultron.

http://collider.com/avengers-2-details-thanos-kevin-feige/

Are we going to get any Thanos in Avengers? How much of a long play is that? I’ve seen Guardians of the Galaxy and there are some teases there, but it’s clear that when he gets a movie it’s going to be a big deal.
FEIGE: Right. I’m glad it feels that way. That’s the idea. He’s not a part of Avengers 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom