• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Guardians/Avengers is happening. Likely Avengers 3. When it comes to expense... you think they can't afford it? You think it's not going to recoup four times over? Jeez.

They can just do it like they do in the comics.

Have GOTG fight Thanos in space, fail, Quill or someone lands on Earth to warn them. Thanos comes to Earth. He's the villain of Avengers 3, but sends his forces to AOS/Daredevil/Luke Cage/Iron Fist/Jessica Jones/Defenders TV shows. So there's a threat across the Marvel spectrum.

Heck, maybe if they do an Agent Carter S2 you can have a warning of Thanos invading be the reason Hydra infiltrates Shield/Shield starts prepping Phase 1/Howard tries creating the new element etc.

I mean Shield has that Infinity Stone for a LONG time.

And then you can launch Black Panther after Avengers 3 (Wakanda was attacked, blames America for being greedy) and Captain Marvel (powered by Infinity Stone explosion or some shit) as 'A3: Epilogue.)

Marvel comics events take in everything, eventually the films will too.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Its a complete different medium. I live in germany and like I said above, we dont even have seen Agents of SHIELD yet. America is not = The World and they cant do a all franchises including Event when most of the world just even saw 1 movie of it.

The problem with these massive team-ups (GOTG + Avengers) wouldn't even be finding screen time for everyone - but mostly a budget issue. If RDJ commanded $50 million alone in Avengers - how much do you think an Avengers 3 with that entire Avengers 2 cast + GOTG + whoever plays the bad guys etc would cost. That cast price alone would be unsustainable.

You need to keep this in perspective. With that many characters, they are each going to have drastically reduced screen time. It's kind of like X-Men 3. LOTS of characters. Many of the main ones only have minutes of screen time, while the plot focuses on the struggle of three or four in a group that bounces between the rest.

They can keep production costs down in many ways, but even if the movie is budgeted for production at $350 million, it's still going to make at least three times that budget worldwide.

They can just do it like they do in the comics.

Have GOTG fight Thanos in space, fail, Quill or someone lands on Earth to warn them. Thanos comes to Earth. He's the villain of Avengers 3, but sends his forces to AOS/Daredevil/Luke Cage/Iron Fist/Jessica Jones/Defenders TV shows. So there's a threat across the Marvel spectrum.

Heck, maybe if they do an Agent Carter S2 you can have a warning of Thanos invading be the reason Hydra infiltrates Shield/Shield starts prepping Phase 1/Howard tries creating the new element etc.

I mean Shield has that Infinity Stone for a LONG time.

And then you can launch Black Panther after Avengers 3 (Wakanda was attacked, blames America for being greedy) and Captain Marvel (powered by Infinity Stone explosion or some shit) as 'A3: Epilogue.)

Mar-Vell joins the Guardians. He's sent to warn Earth of Thanos' arrival, but is fatally wounded. Found by one of Coulson's recruits, Carol Danvers, and passes his powers and warning on to her before dying.

farisr

My theory (as to how a teamp could work) for for Avengers 3. I honestly think that a way they could do this is show Thanos wrecking shit, resulting in deaths of existing members of the teams. The remaining members then band together as a result to defeat Thanos, use the gauntlet to bring them back/reset everything before all the destruction started happening (as far as I know, just from reading posts on the forum, something like this has happened in the infinity gauntlet story right?)

So yeah, this way, it's not going to be all characters from all the movies throughout the whole movie, it would be a select few (who survived) and would satisfy people looking for a team up of the franchises/these characters meeting. And for extra fanservice, at the end of the movie, have all the characters there interacting with each other for a few minutes at a party or something (so people aren't as miffed about certain characters not getting to meet each other on screen).

But yeah, that is like the absolute happiest ending possible for the movie, really depends on what marvel wants to go for after Avengers 3.

Edit: Thinking about the comic-con trailer not being released (even a shorter version or at least a little teaser). I can fully understand why they're not doing it, 1, unfinished effects. 2. They didn't want to take away attention from Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Once Guardians Of The Galaxy starts showing a slowdown, low box office intake, chances of us getting some sort of teaser for Age Of Ultron will increase. I predict end of September.

This guy???

beyonder.gif

Oh Shit it's Seth Macfarlan

Lord Fagan

Mar-Vell joins the Guardians. He's sent to warn Earth of Thanos' arrival, but is fatally wounded. Found by one of Coulson's recruits, Carol Danvers, and passes his powers and warning on to her before dying.

Just to be clear, we're talking about Marvel films and not Green Lantern, yeah?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

Oh brother i hope Danvers isn't a SHIELD agent, those damn noobs. Besides agent Mei or May not sure how its spelled is their pilot. Danvers would most likely know Rhodey they are military.

Just to be clear, we're talking about Marvel films and not Green Lantern, yeah?

I was considering the "Powers being passed" being a residual energy left by the weapon that took Mar-Vell down or from the ship breaking down causing Vell's Kree DNA to bond to Danvers. This was mainly a quick and dirty way to get it out of the way in an ensemble movies, such as Avengers 3.

Ideally, Carol would get her own movie and Mar-Vell would be alive for the first half to two thirds of the movie before Carol took on the mantle.

Oh brother i hope Danvers isn't a SHIELD agent, those damn noobs. Besides agent Mei or May not sure how its spelled is their pilot. Danvers would most likely know Rhodey they are military.

I considered the possiblity of her being an agent of Director Coulson's SHIELD because Earth's Mightiest Heroes made her a SWORD agent. Alternatively, she could also be a military liaison to the Avengers alongside Rhodey.

Mr.Swag

Banned
There's like 6 threads about the MCU on the neogaf ot first page... No way avengers 2 doesn't overtake avatar and become the highest grossing film of all time.

Vega

Vision looks like he's wearing a sleeker version of Iron Man's suit. Which makes sense given the rumors i guess.

Sheroking

The Avengers/Guardians/Defenders etc. should be the only army and they should be fighting the lone Thanos.

I think there has to be minions of Thanos, maybe not so much a faceless army as loyalist characters, for the lesser heroes to fight.

Pretty much all of the Guardians and Black Widow have no business taking a hit from Thanos and living.

But he's supposed to have a face.
I'm sure he could still have a face and for his body to be made from Stark's armour, shit, it'd be a pretty cool plot point and I like when the MCU breaks it's own ground. I didn't mean to suggest that he has an iron man mask as a face but that the metal from Stark's suit(s) is twisted and formed by Ultron to make Vision.

georly

It's explicitly stated in Avengers that it's powered by the Tesseract.

Also in GOTG,
the Infinity Stones are different colors of the rainbow. Loki's staff is blue like the Tesseract.

I think it's probably still up for debate. Couldn't the line where 'it's powered by the tesseract' be extrapolated to mean that they all are tied to each other? I dunno.

It might be, it might not be, who knows. If so, we need 3 more gems explained in phase 3. I wouldn't be surprised if they give one to be unveiled on agents of shield.

J10

Banned
Captain America: Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a Hydra weapon.

I'm taking this at face value. It's a tool, nothing more. There wouldn't be two blue gems.

I want to know where Vision gets the cape. I doubt Tony would build him with it. Or Ultron.

I kinda hope he just rips a drape off the wall and adds it himself as a finishing touch.

Ovid

I'm guessing he's going to look like Drax with the muted green, since his comic book look would be too garish for the silver screen.

He looks very similar to the comic book look.

Let me put it this way, color wise, what you see in the image is what you get.

LaNaranja

I think there has to be minions of Thanos, maybe not so much a faceless army as loyalist characters, for the lesser heroes to fight.

Pretty much all of the Guardians and Black Widow have no business taking a hit from Thanos and living.

No one does, save maybe Thor, Hulk, Drax and Gamora. Cap can't even survive a pimp slap from the mad titan.

Sheroking

No one does, save maybe Thor, Hulk, Drax and Gamora. Cap can't even survive a pimp slap from the mad titan.

Drax and Gamora, how they were portrayed in Guardians, are probably not much more powerful than Cap. Cap definitely wouldn't have been carried off to the back room in that prison so easily. Drax spent the whole movie getting his ass completely handed to him by someone a lot less powerful than Thanos.

Iron Man will have tech bullshit and probably Doctor Strange is powerful enough, but yeah, Thor and Hulk are going to have to take the heavy blows.

Drax and Gamora, how they were portrayed in Guardians, are probably not much more powerful than Cap. Cap definitely wouldn't have been carried off to the back room in that prison so easily. Drax spent the whole movie getting his ass completely handed to him by someone a lot less powerful than Thanos.

Iron Man will have tech bullshit and probably Doctor Strange is powerful enough, but yeah, Thor and Hulk are going to have to take the heavy blows.

They really need to fix that. Could be be an awesome moment of Drax no selling a Hulk punch and then giving him the 'ol Batista Bomb!

Sheroking

They really need to fix that. Could be be an awesome moment of Drax no selling a Hulk punch and then giving him the 'ol Batista Bomb!

I'm good with the nerf.

Nobody in the MCU should be as physically strong as a fully enraged Hulk. Letting writers run rampant with their characters powers has produced a metric ton of bullshit and it lessens the impact of the important characters, like Hulk.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Drax and Gamora, how they were portrayed in Guardians, are probably not much more powerful than Cap. Cap definitely wouldn't have been carried off to the back room in that prison so easily. Drax spent the whole movie getting his ass completely handed to him by someone a lot less powerful than Thanos. .

Drax was
drunk
when he faced Ronan, and caught off guard when he faced
Korath

Nelo Ice

Banned

They really need to have Drax do a Batista bomb. I would mark the fuck out. I don't care what it takes but dammit Batista needs to do his finisher in the MCU!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom