• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

I thought people who had seen the Vision design said it used the traditional colors... No green isn't traditional.

Gartooth

I thought people who had seen the Vision design said it used the traditional colors... No green isn't traditional.

Green is one of the main colors in the Vision's original design...

Edit: Nevermind, thought you were actually saying that the color green was never traditional for the Vision.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

He is green. It just looks on this picture and due the perspective not green, rather gray.

But I can identify it as green, I think...

Theory, he's going to feature a mix of all the Phase 1 Avengers.

That would explain why Vision takes on a cape in the movie. Doesn't make sense otherwise.

That way they can get Hulk's green in there too.

Oh, and Black Widow's cleavage.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'm good with the nerf.

Nobody in the MCU should be as physically strong as a fully enraged Hulk. Letting writers run rampant with their characters powers has produced a metric ton of bullshit and it lessens the impact of the important characters, like Hulk.

Nah...since we've moved on to cosmic stuff, that needs to go in the bushes asap. Gamora and Drax getting nerfed in the films was weak as all hell.

It took one movie before we got to see Cap as he should (somewhat). I'll give them a pass for this one.

Wazzy

Banned
I think this movie is going to do extremely well. I know I plan to see it multiple times along with a group of my friends.

Also I'm really hoping that in Avengers 3, everyone involved in MCU is in it. That includes the tv shows(Daredevil please!) and any other super hero featured. It will be the crasiest film if they get all of that in.

Extreme closeup of the Vision:
RzZMyLs.png

Definitely looks more robotic from here.

5419739585_a0802bf859.jpg

From what I understand, the first half was watching all your favorite heroes die or having them die off panel. And not in particularly interesting or cool ways either, just getting murdered by Ultron. And then the second half was Wolverine going back in time and murdering people.

Blader

From what I understand, the first half was watching all your favorite heroes die or having them die off panel. And not in particularly interesting or cool ways either, just getting murdered by Ultron. And then the second half was Wolverine going back in time and murdering people.

And in typical Bendis/event fashion, there was no resolution; the ending was just a completely new plot point to set up future stuff.

It was just an overall completely pointless story. There's nothing to gain from reading it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I still dont understand, why Bendis is so successful this days. I get why his Ultimate Spider-Man is so beloved, but beside that... I have no idea.

I still dont understand, why Bendis is so successful this days. I get why his Ultimate Spider-Man is so beloved, but beside that... I have no idea.

I haven't read a ton of his stuff, but what I have read kinda felt like it was written by a committee. Like it feels like he writes these stories by googling what characters are popular at the moment and then adding those characters to his stuff to pick up more sales. With his Guardians run, it feels like every few issues, he's introducing a new Earth character to the team so that the fans of that character will come and pick up the Guardians book and doing it in the most contrived manner possible (the Venom intro was especially terrible). And despite not having much of a plot, it numbers keep going up because he's bringing in new readers.

Having said that, he does seem to occasionally come up with something decent like Ultimate Spider-Man. His Moon Knight run was also pretty harmless and enjoyable, mainly because it felt like he was actually going somewhere with it, not just trying to increase sales with cheap tricks.

I just wish he'd use his powers for good more often.

Pretty much.

Has been detailed pretty well but it's basically what I DON'T want from comics these days. Heroes dying brutally and murdering each other, that's not an interesting story to me and there's not any substance to it to make it an enjoyable reading experience.

It's basically a what-if story designed to pick up from one point and lead into another, it doesn't really serve any purpose to the overall MCU narrative other than adding fuel to the fire of Avengers and X-Men fucking with space/time. Ultron Unlimited is the far superior Ultron epic, even Marvel Studios agrees the only good thing about Age of Ultron is the title.

Age of Ultron was the most disjointed, ineptly plotted Bendis story I've ever read, and given how weak he is at pacing and plotting, that's saying a lot.

It doesn't help that it's laughably obvious at points that the story was heavily rewritten after the art was completed (i.e. Luke Cage's off-panel death, whereupon another character relates to us his death and dying words).

Has been detailed pretty well but it's basically what I DON'T want from comics these days. Heroes dying brutally and murdering each other, that's not an interesting story to me and there's not any substance to it to make it an enjoyable reading experience.

It's basically a what-if story designed to pick up from one point and lead into another, it doesn't really serve any purpose to the overall MCU narrative other than adding fuel to the fire of Avengers and X-Men fucking with space/time. Ultron Unlimited is the far superior Ultron epic, even Marvel Studios agrees the only good thing about Age of Ultron is the title.

To be fair, it couldn't really be adapted for the MCU even if it wasn't complete shit: the premise is too similar to DOFP for a film coming out only a year later, and the premise is founded on Ultron being a long-established supervillain, which he obviously isn't in the MCU.

Age of Ultron was the most disjointed, ineptly plotted Bendis story I've ever read, and given how weak he is at pacing and plotting, that's saying a lot.

It doesn't help that it's laughably obvious at points that the story was heavily rewritten after the art was completed (i.e. Luke Cage's off-panel death, whereupon another character relates to us his death and dying words).
The comic has nothing to do with the movie, they just borrowed the title.

EDIT: Never mind, misread thinking you were implying it was.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Makes sense
10569106_334852770004903_7487542224368805814_n.jpg

Soul Stone will appear in Doctor Strange if i had to guess. No idea where the Time Stone would fit though.

On a second thought, if the Staff was indeed the Mind Stone, why would Thanos give it away?

guek

Banned
They really need to fix that. Could be be an awesome moment of Drax no selling a Hulk punch and then giving him the 'ol Batista Bomb!
Drax isn't that powerful in the comics (think roughly Luke Cage level, about 20-30 tons depending on which version) but he was made to kill Thanos, literally, so he is oddly extra effective against him. I don't mean in a bad writing kind of way, that's one of his characteristics, he's made to fight thanos.

Not that they'll use that in the movies though.

samar11

Correct me if I am wrong as I don't follow comic books that much,isn't Ultron and Thanos considered the most powerful villains in the universe? Besides hulk, who else has any chance against them ?

Doalateralus

Neo Member
Correct me if I am wrong as I don't follow comic books that much,isn't Ultron and Thanos considered the most powerful villains in the universe? Besides hulk, who else has any chance against them ?

Hulk doesn't stand a chance against either of them. Thor does though depending on what each side is currently equipped with story wise (although probably not movie nerfed Thor). Ultron is pretty much mid tier for a Marvel villain and Thanos is near the top, especially when he has his arsenal (aka Infinity Gauntlet).

Ultron's thing is more that he's impossibly hard to kill and even when you do he persists.

One of my problems with the MCU in general is that Thor is so damned underpowered

mqdefault.jpg

Not even Hulk, really.

The idea is more that they can't be beaten just by outmuscling them. Or even outsmarting them. But even the big bads have weaknesses.

For instance, Thanos wants to lose.

samar11

Hulk doesn't stand a chance against either of them. Thor does though depending on what each side is currently equipped with story wise (although probably not movie nerfed Thor). Ultron is pretty much mid tier for a Marvel villain and Thanos is near the top, especially when he has his arsenal (aka Infinity Gauntlet).

Ultron's thing is more that he's impossibly hard to kill and even when you do he persists.

One of my problems with the MCU in general is that Thor is so damned underpowered

Hulk doesn't stand a chance but Thor does ? :/ That's news to me lol
I thought Hulk can't die ?

Hulk doesn't stand a chance but Thor does ? :/ That's news to me lol
I thought Hulk can't die ?

Well... Hulk lasts significantly longer against Thanos in Infinity Guantlet...

Thor basically gets instantly turned into glass and shattered.

Thor still has a better chance of hurting someone like Thanos just because he's more versatile. Though, having said that, Merged Hulk was pretty damn versatile, given he was a supergenius.

samar11

Well... Hulk lasts significantly longer against Thanos in Infinity Guantlet...

Thor basically gets instantly turned into glass and shattered.

Thor still has a better chance of hurting someone like Thanos just because he's more versatile. Though, having said that, Merged Hulk was pretty damn versatile, given he was a supergenius.

Yeah I read that Thonas with the IG is the most powerful villain in the universe, isn't his goal to destroy the universe?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Makes sense
10569106_334852770004903_7487542224368805814_n.jpg

Soul Stone will appear in Doctor Strange if i had to guess. No idea where the Time Stone would fit though.

On a second thought, if the Staff was indeed the Mind Stone, why would Thanos give it away?

Loki by himself would not be able to retrieve the Tesseract. He needed the help of the Staff to create/lead an army.

sappyday

I doubt the staff has an infinity stone inside it, it didn't seem that powerful to me.

Is power really important? I don't know much about the comics (none at all actually) but since the stone in GOTG can already
destroy planets
then why need another that is also just powerful? From what I remember the tesseract basically lets you travel through anywhere in space, right? These stones are supposed to be different. I think it makes sense that Loki's staff is the mind stone.

Also can someone explain what the aether does, and in theory the other two? I'm guessing the time stone will allow time travel but I don't know about the soul stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom