• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Banned
So are they going to explain where the rest of the avengers were during Cap 2? Especially hawk eye. The others you can explain away to some degree, but not him.

Where do you think they could have been? Give it some serious thought.

Where do you think they could have been? Give it some serious thought.

I'm gonna guess that it's just like Thor 2, where by the time the shit hit the fan, whoever was involved was already in the thick of it. No time for anyone else to get involved.

Hawkeye on the other hand was on the cutting room floor. Probably missed a flight... something about scheduling.

Bog

Junior Ace
it took place over like 2 days, and cap was underground for the majority of that. C'mon now

All they had to show was one of them trying to call Stark and getting his VM. It'd help believability and also be a wink to the fans.

All they had to show was one of them trying to call Stark and getting his VM. It'd help believability and also be a wink to the fans.

Didn't they bring up trying to call someone in the movie, but not knowing if HYDRA was listening and would be able to pinpoint their location, or if they had also been compromised?

Wazzy

Banned
If it's promo art for toys or kids merchandise, it's definitely Quicksilver. The female members of these teams never make it onto packaging, clothing or school/party supplies for kids.
Unless Quicksilver's arm suddenly became super thin, it's Black Widow. The colouring is black and you can see it's the same suit when comparing to the Comicon poster. Not only that but QS and SW probably aren't in this shot because they're probably bad in the beginning.

Next time baby

It will happennnnnnnnnnnn

Or he'll die two seconds into Avengers 3.

Didn't they bring up trying to call someone in the movie, but not knowing if HYDRA was listening and would be able to pinpoint their location, or if they had also been compromised?

They didn't, but shortly after talking to Zola, they had a missile launched at them. So... that probably got the message across pretty clear that they should stay below the radar.

I do hope, though, that in some phase 3 movie they do a tongue in cheek montage of someone calling all the other characters and getting silly voice mails. Or something of that nature to just poke fun at the notion that every hero needs to be involved with everyone's problems.

Jtrizzy

Iron man destroyed all of his shit, so that can be his excuse. Isn't hawk eye a member of shield alongside black widow? I can justify the others, but it's tough for him.

Unless Quicksilver's arm suddenly became super thin, it's Black Widow. The colouring is black and you can see it's the same suit when comparing to the Comicon poster. Not only that but QS and SW probably aren't in this shot because they're probably bad in the beginning.

Hmm. Maybe they learned something after being called out for cutting Gamora from all of he Guardians merchandise.

AMUSIX

In the movie, it was stated that Hawkeye was on mission. The assumption is that he is following some lead which will manifest itself into him finding the twins.

eastx

Iron man destroyed all of his shit, so that can be his excuse. Isn't hawk eye a member of shield alongside black widow? I can justify the others, but it's tough for him.

Remember, they filmmakers had a scene written for him but Renner was unavailable at that time. So they cut him out... Problem is, they forgot to address his whereabouts with dialogue, hence some people (those of us who like Hawkeye) feeling dissatisfied at his lack of mention.

Amusix, I think you're remembering wrong. I don't think he came up at all in the movie, other than Black Widow wearing a piece of jewelry (so I hear) that references him.

Wazzy

Banned
Hmm. Maybe they learned something after being called out for cutting Gamora from all of he Guardians merchandise.

I would hope so. Cutting out the female merchandise again would be a really shitty move.

Anyway to compare the arm to the comicon poster of the two characters:

QuickSilver:
age-of-ultron-avengers-quicksilver-thumb-300x250.jpg

Black Widow:
773006.jpg

They both have the blue stripe however BW has the weapon on her wrist which you can slightly see in the Vision poster.

wOoohMe.jpg

AMUSIX

Does Thor have armor on his arms in that art? Because I thought he was going sleeveless:

kCmUD4A.jpg

I know that Hemsworth was the big guy on the set, but, damn, does he look small in some of the photos...

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I have the biggest mancrush on those two. They seem to get along pretty well, too.

I still remember watching Thor at the cinema and all the girls in the theatre collectively gasping for air when ChrisH took of his shirt and strut around in his trousers. I actually chuckled. Then I felt inappropriate.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
So are they going to explain where the rest of the avengers were during Cap 2? Especially hawk eye. The others you can explain away to some degree, but not him.

...Even in the avengers movie hawkeye and BW were half a world a part , why cant they be in Cap 2 when they were in the indian ocean. If Hawkeye was on assignment somewhere else why would he have to show up in Cap 2 , everyone wanted him to be but it didnt make the film, and its not unexplainable or unreasonable to say he wasn't in Washington DC.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Padding goes a long way. Hell, just normal clothing alone can make you look a thousand times better than butt naked if you have some minimally noticeable muscle mass.

Still, prime Evans remains the dream.

Doalateralus

Neo Member
Does Thor have armor on his arms in that art? Because I thought he was going sleeveless:

kCmUD4A.jpg

I know that Hemsworth was the big guy on the set, but, damn, does he look small in some of the photos...

He's a good foot or so behind Cap, because Hemsworth towers over Evans if they stand side by side. So yea, it's forced perspective that's making Thor look small.

Ovid

Cutting Gamora from GoTG merchandise?

All character artwork provided to licensees are given equal prominance. For example, if a particular style guide has 10 images of Star-Lord, there will be 10 images of Gamora and 10 images of Rocket. It's up to the licensees to choose how they want to use the artwork.

For those of you not in the business, licensees develop their products based on how buyers at the retail level expect their products will sell.

Marvel NEVER tells licensees to remove women from their branded products.

EDIT: I just reread that article Richiek posted last month. That is probably the most ill researched and misleading article I've ever read.

I don't blame you guys for thinking it was planned that way.

Pachimari

Just finished watching The Avengers again and it was much better this time around than when I last saw it in the cinema.

That said I still think the pacing were a little unbalanced. It were slow at times.

Remember, they filmmakers had a scene written for him but Renner was unavailable at that time. So they cut him out... Problem is, they forgot to address his whereabouts with dialogue, hence some people (those of us who like Hawkeye) feeling dissatisfied at his lack of mention.

Amusix, I think you're remembering wrong. I don't think he came up at all in the movie, other than Black Widow wearing a piece of jewelry (so I hear) that references him.

I seem to remember there was a name drop at one point. When the good guys are going to break into SHIELD HQ in the third act and the are two, no-name SHIELD agents talking, one of them says something about Barton being of somewhere. At least, that's what I remember.

Captain America is out-grossing Spider-Man and Superman. I'm not even sure water is wet anymore.
A team-up film based on 5 previous films consisting of Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Iron Man, Captain America and Hawkeye is the third highest grossing film of all time
if you ignore inflation
and now DC is attempting the same thing, Fox combined two X-Men teams and will most likely do a Fantastic Four/X-Men crossover in the near future. Sony are planning on doing a Venom movie and maybe a Sinister 6 movie.

God damn I do love this alternate universe.

J10

Banned
Why not both?

The slow motion shit is played out and the super high speed shit is kind of a headache to follow. I'm hoping Quicksilver is not as fast as Faora. It just looks like she was frame jumping, like playing Halo online with a bad connection. There's gotta be another way to do it.

Pop

The slow motion shit is played out and the super high speed shit is kind of a headache to follow. I'm hoping Quicksilver is not as fast as Faora. It just looks like she was frame jumping, like playing Halo online with a bad connection. There's gotta be another way to do it.

Her scenes were badass. I don't mind if they give us a little of both.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Agree with the entirety of this post.

BLACKLAC

Very much agree about slow motion, I don't want HD Clockstoppers. I'm liking what I've seen so far in the Cap 2 credits, very artistic look to speed.

Quicksilver probably gonna look like that new Flash (although I've only see the first trailer for Flash). basically just blue and white streak across the screen with occasional slow mo to show what he's doing.

or in other word, it's gonna look like a tv show. :p

Quicksilver probably gonna look like that new Flash (although I've only see the first trailer for Flash). basically just blue and white streak across the screen with occasional slow mo to show what he's doing.

I see what you did there.

That's what I'm expecting based on TWS and posters. Cool if they play up the trail and afterimage to show the wake of his actions. As much as I like the MoS and X-Men approaches, the downside with those and existing techniques is the reliance on static elements. The Matrix had scenes with fast and faster characters with mixed, more dated, results. Then there's V for Vendetta with one character moving in slow-mo and everyone else moving in super slow-mo. Tricky to make it look natural.

He's a good foot or so behind Cap, because Hemsworth towers over Evans if they stand side by side. So yea, it's forced perspective that's making Thor look small.

Hemsworth is taller, but Evans surpassed him long ago in the fucking-yoked-out-of-his-mind, no-longer-fits-through-doorways department. Cap's a bull walking around on two legs thesedays (from this year's Comic Con):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom