• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Awesome" Fan Art |OT2| James can see everything

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
People obsessed with the iconography of their childhood to the point where they enjoy conceiving of romantic or sexual relations between disparate properties because of the "omg two random things that do not go together are together" thrill?
As somebody who ostensibly declares his hatred of intertextual references, being in this thread must drive you insane.

the chris

5kSlNJO.jpg

CorvoSol

People obsessed with the iconography of their childhood to the point where they enjoy conceiving of romantic or sexual relations between disparate properties because of the "omg two random things that do not go together are together" thrill?

Say what you will, you can't sink my Samus Golbez or Phoenix Wright and Jean Grey ships, Technomancer!

I'll never surrender!

The appeal of crossovers themselves is something I understand. I tend to unconditionally like crossovers, even if they're composed of things I don't like, like this old magazine cover:

iUcnfxXVfuf2n.jpg

I don't really like 50 Cent and I hate Soulja Boy ... but this is cool in the same way as the Joker teaming up with Lex Luthor; it's bad news, but still awesome.

However ... when there's romance/sexual activity involved ... it just becomes nightmarish. It's as upsetting as normal crossovers are awesome. that X factor that makes me love crossovers no matter what is corrupted and violated.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
However ... when there's romance/sexual activity involved ... it just becomes nightmarish. It's as upsetting as normal crossovers are awesome. that X factor that makes me love crossovers no matter what is corrupted and violated.
This sounds like imagining your parents in the act.

I don't really see it that way though. If anything, it just strikes me as silly.

Lotto

Whenever I click on this thread, I brace myself for either crying or laughing. That Lt. Shrek story + pic got me pretty good.

God, why do I check this thread.

CorvoSol

I hate My Little Pony fans because they can't resist the urge to make EVERYTHING into ponies. Like seriously, guys. Take a long hard look at yourselves. Do Gundam fans make everyone into Gundams? Do Pokemon fans make everyone into Pokemon (actually). But you do see Sonic fans doing this stuff, Pony fans. That's the level of creativity you guys are on.

I hate My Little Pony fans because they can't resist the urge to make EVERYTHING into ponies. Like seriously, guys. Take a long hard look at yourselves. Do Gundam fans make everyone into Gundams? Do Pokemon fans make everyone into Pokemon (actually). But you do see Sonic fans doing this stuff, Pony fans. That's the level of creativity you guys are on.

It does help I was a Sonic fan who hated the direction the general fandom went, and left. I take that attitude with my pony fandom too (why the hell do you think I am a burro? in a land of technicolor ponies.. I am the bitter, wild ass)

That said.. I prefer making my own doodles.. though I shall admit my own hybrid adventures, in interest of full disclosure. Though I try NOT to force or mix things into others face.

In other words.. not everyone is like you say they are... and everyone you say that is, may NOT be that way. But what do I know. (I am confused..)

Regarding the Cooking Momma art... I am actually not surprised.. but, sort of was expecting.. err, 'more' Ehh whatever.

Link Man

Banned

captain_kirby.png

Link

Gundam_Pika_by_violet_plude.jpg

Link

gundam_mew_by_kisaiuki-d3c2f91.jpg

Link

UsagiChu.jpg

Link

CorvoSol

It does help I was a Sonic fan who hated the direction the general fandom went, and left. I take that attitude with my pony fandom too (why the hell do you think I am a burro? in a land of technicolor ponies.. I am the bitter, wild ass)

That said.. I prefer making my own doodles.. though I shall admit my own hybrid adventures, in interest of full disclosure. Though I try NOT to force or mix things into others face.

In other words.. not everyone is like you say they are... and everyone you say that is, may NOT be that way. But what do I know. (I am confused..)

Regarding the Cooking Momma art... I am actually not surprised.. but, sort of was expecting.. err, 'more' Ehh whatever.

I'm sure lots of MLP fans and Sonic fans are lovely people. Can they please stop making everything into horses and hedgehogs now?

This thread has things.

Top Bottom