• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Hooray! That lived up to my expectations. Wish we could've heard a little more from Nifflas, but that was fun. :)

Yeah, blechy is cool and all but he was a little more talkative than he could have been with the Dev on the line.

Veldin

Hearing Nifflas talk about his games was surreal, feels like it was forever ago that I spent hours and hours on Within A Deep Forest and Knytt. His work is really inspiring.

Nanashrew

Banned
gonna try to stay up a little longer for this run then get some sleep!

Also didn't realize that Nifflas was working on Affordable Space Adventures and that even got showcased during Nintendo's E3 Treehouse Live last year.

Wallach

Yeah, blechy is cool and all but he was a little more talkative than he could have been with the Dev on the line.

I thought it was about perfect; Blechy is pretty good at being able to tell when the commentary needs driven, which in this case I think was necessary.

Cyrano

I thought it was about perfect; Blechy is pretty good at being able to tell when the commentary needs driven, which in this case I think was necessary.
Yeah, agreeing with this. Developers can be kinda awkward about interviews. I mean, a lot of them don't even imagine they'll be interviewed about their game so it's probably pretty surreal for them too, heh.

Nydus

i really like the soundmixing this year. nothing is too quiet or loud. a major stepup from the last years :)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Yeah he definitely needed to lead the conversation, I think in a few points though, like describing some of the ball behavior, it would have been better if he got the Dev to do so. Still, it was better with blech there for sure.

Calvero

Banned
Devs

Nllb.gif

what's this in response to?

SamuraiX-

He is amazing for that. He'll always have a place in my heart as 'I'd really prefer it if you'd be quiet.'

'But yes you are correct.'

LOL One of the most glorious moments in AGDQ history no doubt.

Also, courtesy of Twitch chat:

Vodkavi: Moustache Bundle - Minimum donation $0: Pajama Pants, Cup-a-Joe, perhaps a bagel, id prefer if youd be quiet

Xeteh

archives are great because you're not tempted to check the chat.

Only time I'm ever tempted to check the chat is if the stream goes down and I want to see if it is just me.

Chat is never any good once there's more than like 50 users.

So watching AGDQ made me start speedrunning Mario games again, except this time I'm actually giving it some serious effort. I'm running SMB1 All-Stars right now alongside the NES original, anyone got tips for the game or for speedrunning in general?

Coonce

What is so tempting about the chat, lol. I don't think I've had chat on for any stream in the past two years or so.

I'm not sure either, you check twitch chat once and you're like "oh, right" and then never look at it again.

awesome run by DevlJoe btw!

SamuraiX-

Omg this runner has completely rekt the guy in the tan shirt on the couch way too many times. That last one while they were waiting for the credits was just painful.

Caveman looked like he enjoyed it. lol

Turning a blind eye to all the nastiness going on in there isn't something that comes naturally to me, I suppose.

I imagine it comes from them being given a stage, and trying to be shocking. The worse it is, the more amusing I find it, to be honest. Its been too long since I thought of the responses as something coming from individuals, it's just a cascade of text being influenced by a live event, to me, at this point. I specially enjoy to see how much it reacts to things I predict would cause a reaction.

Blizzard

Banned
Killing the animals seems old hat at this point. Has any speedrun event, especially AGDQ, ever managed to save the animals? That would truly be an achievement, and the combination of saving people from cancer AND animals from death would increase the world's net kindness despite losing a little bit off that particular game's time. :D

Killing the animals seems old hat at this point. Has any speedrun event, especially AGDQ, ever managed to save the animals? That would truly be an achievement, and the combination of saving people from cancer AND animals from death would increase the world's net kindness despite losing a little bit off that particular game's time. :D

I thought that save pretty much always wins? It always shits me because it is wasting time in a speedrun.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought that save pretty much always wins? It always shits me because it is wasting time in a speedrun.
Maybe I've only watched the wrong years, but I thought I'd seen the last 2 AGDQ's plus a SGDQ, and never seen save win. And even if save did win, I thought they had the exception set up that if someone was on track for a world record time, they would kill the animals anyway.

Xeteh

So I mentioned during They Bleed Pixels that I had been thinking about picking the game up for a long while and then never did but I'd grab it next sale. So I went on to steam to add it to my wishlist and it was on for 80% off for the next ~9h. So I grabbed it.

Maybe I've only watched the wrong years, but I thought I'd seen the last 2 AGDQ's plus a SGDQ, and never seen save win. And even if save did win, I thought they had the exception set up that if someone was on track for a world record time, they would kill the animals anyway.

2 SGDQs ago save won. I remember because it was my first GDQ and I spent a good portion of it confused about the whole kill/save things.

I remember the guy in the hoodie currently playing choked pretty hard during the summer AGDQ while playing dust an elysian tail. It was pretty uncomfortable.

You are probably right.

SamuraiX-

I imagine it comes from them being given a stage, and trying to be shocking. The worse it is, the more amusing I find it, to be honest. Its been too long since I thought of the responses as something coming from individuals, it's just a cascade of text being influenced by a live event, to me, at this point. I specially enjoy to see how much it reacts to things I predict would cause a reaction.

Regarding the bold, you and me both. Even if it's just an eruption of spam and Kappas, it never fails to get a chuckle out of me. lol

Wallach

I wonder if he hadn't missed that final jump to the door if it wouldn't have been one second faster, haha. He's probably wondering the same thing right now.

Top Bottom