• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Bollocks

man, the donation messages really kill the excitement for me.
90% of them are about people who died to cancer, mom, dad, wife, it's depressing
even more so if they read it out in batches

Duke Nukem Terminator says "THANK YOU"

Looks like he got some really good tricks off quickly, surprised he wasn't more excited about the time.

Also, how the hell don't they have donation comments to read? How about going back and reading a few they skipped previously? I know when I donated last year a few times, they never read mine off.

man, the donation messages really kill the excitement for me.
90% of them are about people who died to cancer, mom, dad, wife, it's depressing
even more so if they read it out in batches

I did a donation message like that :(

To me it is not so much about the depressing side. I'm going through a family member with cancer at the moment and it is tough. But watching this lets me know I'm not alone.

It helps.

Anyway, time to watch Rare's most recent good game!

Bollocks

I did a donation message like that :(

To me it is not so much about the depressing side. I'm going through a family member with cancer at the moment and it is tough. But watching this lets me know I'm not alone.

It helps.

Anyway, time to watch Rare's most recent good game!

Yeah I know, no reason to not do such messages if it helps you.
Just for me personally it totally takes me out of the speedrun and makes me do a reality check. While we all just play games to have a good time.

Platy

Good to know that the BattleBlock Theatre and They Bleed Pixels runs were amazing =D
Will watch later ... danm you timezones and work ! >=O

And ... wtf is this snake game ?
It is so surreal it is kinda scary o_O

This year's AGDQ seems less hype than the past years... then again we're just getting into day 3.
More money from sponsors, more rules, more "professionalism".

For some reason I feel the donation messages clash especially hard with what is going on on the stream this year. The games are often interrupted by the announcer and sometimes sad messages are interrupted by bursts of laughter or exclamations of the runners and commentators. It often feels awkward. The runners are just there to have fun and entertain an audience and the messages are primarily about people dying. It just doesn't feel right and both aspects fall short.

Myggen

More money from sponsors, more rules, more "professionalism".

For some reason I feel the donation messages clash especially hard with what is going on on the stream this year. The games are often interrupted by the announcer and sometimes sad messages are interrupted by bursts of laughter or exclamations of the runners and commentators. It often feels awkward. The runners are just there to have fun and entertain an audience and the messages are primarily about people dying. It just doesn't feel right and both aspects fall short.

It's always like that, and some people are always complaining about it. I haven't noticed it being "worse" than previous years.

The runners are just there to have fun and entertain an audience

It is a charity event you know?

I think it is as good as than ever this year and the more professionalism and less "speedrun drama" we have, the better off everybody will be. When there is a good person on the microphone everything still clicks. If anything the problem, as usual, is when there is not.

Vexxan

Watching the Battleblock Theater VOD at the moment and damn it's so fucking good. Never heard of this game before but the great commentary and having the devs on Skype is making it really good to watch.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Things will get more relaxed after the official marathon ends and they just start running random stuff.

ve8p1PZ.gif

Bumhat

This is some serious shit! Really enjoying it. I kinda wish they did more 'more than one person' runs whether that be co-op or races (but please, no more DKR!).

BasicMath

That Battletoads run was pretty good. The two runners were perfectly in sync at times. It kinda fell apart towards the end but the last stage saved it.

Nah I'm not sure, just thought I heard it from a streamer before the event. Could be wrong.
Event/Hotel Reservation dates actually mention the bonus stream days. I believe it ends on the 13th, so that's 2 days for bonus stream?

CassSept

Huh, I just realized I can simply boot up twitch on my Wii U GamePad and watch it from there while I do other stuff on my PC. Next level AGDQ'ing!

It's sad when the runs you wait all day to see are also some of the shortest of the day. That and Within a Deep Forest were the two I didn't want to miss today.

Recall

Gimmick! Is the game the average joe thinks it looks easy as they have no context how challenging of a game it really is. The star jumps are a thing of beauty.

That Gimmick run was impressive, I didn't know the game before watching but the star shots don't look like something easy to pull, especially throwing the star at the right time and angle.

Top Bottom