• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Aeana

Every time the female announcer speaks, the chat explodes into "SHE'S TALKING TO US!!"

I'm not sure if they're joking or not, but I hope so.

Durante

I just watched the They Bleed Pixels VOD. It was as awesome as I imagined.

Nice to see confirmation that it wasn't just me sucking, the game really is that hard. Some of the moves you have to pull off to simply finish it normally are the same thing you have to do to speedrun it.

I slept and had to go out for the morning so I missed a few runs i'll have to VOD later, battleblock sounds amazing and it should have been, after watching PJ and mecha do pratice runs all last month it's a really entertaining co-op speedrun.

Goof Troop 2 player run is up soon and it's going to be a good one :)

YES! everyone needs to watch goof troop, every. one.

Nibel

Every time the female announcer speaks, the chat explodes into "SHE'S TALKING TO US!!"

I'm not sure if they're joking or not, but I hope so.

If that is annoying to you, then better not look at the chat when an actual female walks into the frame. It's embarrassing.

The GAF Twitch chat is fantastic though

kadotsu

Banned
dDdmEss.jpg

PsionBolt

That lawn mower race was actually a lot more entertaining than I expected it to be.

They should choose games with clear progress meters for races more often.

Aeana

If that is annoying to you, then better not look at the chat when an actual female walks into the frame. It's embarrassing.

The GAF Twitch chat is fantastic though

I'm well aware of the actually bigoted stuff that goes on in the chat, I was just surprised at how pathetic "she's talking to us!!" is.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Watching the Battleblock Theater VOD at the moment and damn it's so fucking good. Never heard of this game before but the great commentary and having the devs on Skype is making it really good to watch.
Best run I've seen so far!

Having the announcer that's actually in the game on Skype was so funny.

When will the VOD of Battletoads and Gimmick available ?

Also who will be here for the Fire Emblem part ? Really curious about this

No but the 'approved audience only' rules is causing most of the applause for this run to be disembodied. Meanwhile empty couch and eight empty chairs. Lonely Games Done Quick.
Yeah that's pretty dumb. It's fine to reserve seats if you have people you want watching you besides people on the couch, but you shouldn't ban people from sitting on camera just because they didn't get prior approval.

Mesoian

No but the 'approved audience only' rules is causing most of the applause for this run to be disembodied. Meanwhile empty couch and eight empty chairs. Lonely Games Done Quick.

One of the oddest things that's happening this year is the announcer calling for hype and trying to get people excited in a room that, from the stream's prospective, has 8 people in it.

Revven

Seems some bad apples disrupted runs in years prior and now nobody can have any fun :p

I wouldn't be surprised if this rule came about because of that Tomba 2 run... or any other instance where someone sat on the couch that the runner didn't know them and they were bothering him/her.

Grinchy

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if this rule came about because of that Tomba 2 run... or any other instance where someone sat on the couch that the runner didn't know them and they were bothering him/her.

Wow I just looked into that. I didn't know about that little moment happening during SGDQ. The guy's face when he's asked to be quiet made me feel so bad for him. The runner was pretty nice considering how annoyed he must have been the whole time but it still looked so hurtful.

Nyoro SF

One of the oddest things that's happening this year is the announcer calling for hype and trying to get people excited in a room that, from the stream's prospective, has 8 people in it.

People said this would happen last year when they suggested this stream layout for 2014. They decided to change it up for 2014 so the audience was still behind the main couch like always.

Seeing this year where they finally went through with the separated couch, and it looks like people were right all along; it looks really weird.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This is why games were made ultra-hard back then. To hide that they're really short.
Even a normal run of Castlevania (no death at least) will only be an hour long.

Top Bottom