• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

Rongolian

Banned
God I hope Crowbcat does a montage for this year. I was so out of the loop with the WAAAAAAAAH stuff. I just tuned in and the announcers were scolding the crowd calling them cancer during the Super Metroid race and had no idea what was happening.

RocknRola

Dudes, they finished the last run at $1.871.XXX. They're now closing in on passing $2.1million. And the last run hasn't even started!

Crrraaaaaaaaazzzzzyyyyy.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I've only played the game as a pacifist. I'm not sure what you mean. If you're just talking about the little battle messages, that is not really what I'm talking about.

i played 99.9999% of my first (blind)
(killed literally 1 of the enemies in the starting area, figured out toriel wasn't killing me in the fight with her, realized you didn't need to kill anything)
run as pacifist which is why the game didn't quite work for me, still thoroughly enjoyed it though

Pacifist run is going to be a bunch of text skipping so yeah it won't be exciting. Atleast that's what I think. Can't see what else they can do.

Jeez, I remember that like maybe 2 days ago donations were at $800k.

This total is gonna end up beating the previous amount raised by like $1 million.

ScribbleD

At least 1 million has been raised since this morning alone. I went to bed around the time the Tiny Toons run started and it was around 900k. Think about that. It's insane.

ibscpy

Neo Member
I got up and went to the bathroom and it was at 1.9. I came back and it was at 2 mil! 100k in the time it took me to piss!!! Holy cow!

batsnacks

TWO MILLION 2000000 $$$ 2 MILLION @@@@@

4fENH9Z.gif

Tall4Life

What's wrong with the charity they give to??

It's a lot like Komen in the way that they don't really do much in terms of donating for cancer research, but to "prevention" and "education" which are more buzzwords than things they actually put a ton of time into. A lot of their actual efforts have been laughable, like having a giant inflatable colon shouting at people on college campuses. A disproprotionate amount of their money goes to their own salaries. PCF is a bit better than Komen in this regard as Komen is basically just a marketing scam at this point, but there are still MUCH better charities than PCF.

If you see the words "prevention" or "education" as the main goals of a charity, they probably are scummy, or at least should be further researched into. They aren't that useful for society.

devonodev

Haven't seen an Undertale speedrun since not long after it came out, will be interesting to see all the tricks.

One of my favorite games, I am a little sad for all the people who will be spoiled but oh well.

Top Bottom