• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

Nairume

Banned
This guy causing all the drama (PvtCb) was put on zero tolerance at the event from the very beginning:

0Bz9y4n.png

Acting like a ban came out of nowhere and was completely unjustified when you're told from the beginning that you're on zero tolerance is so disingenuous. Not surprised considering who it came from.
*looks at PvtCb's twitter*
"for no reason"

Anoxida

on the other hand, Headstrong is pretty PC so I doubt the commentary will be at all out of bounds.

Its gonna be a bit awkward since no one wants him to be the one running the game. There's gonna be a lot of donation referencing bonesaw and his last run but I doubt GDQ will read most or any of them. Still cant wrap my head around banning bonesaw from running.. he was going to be a great earner for the cause. Just slap the dude on the wrist he was already feeling remorse for the run before being banned.

Its gonna be a bit awkward since no one wants him to be the one running the game. There's gonna be a lot of donation referencing bonesaw and his last run but I doubt GDQ will read most or any of them. Still cant wrap my head around banning bonesaw from running.. he was going to be a great earner for the cause. Slap the dude on the wrist he was already feeling remorse for the run before being banned.
Uh? Headstrong would get the game anyway. He's fucking amazing at the game. Better than bonesaw has ever been. And bonesaw got the game last year purely on his name, since he was out of practice and it showed.

How the hell is SHOCKWVE running so fast?
I only saw the start of the borderlands 2 run (and don't know the game at all) but they said something about him having a buff that increased movement speed while scoped and then mentioned the netcode being broken. I also assuming the duped sniper rifes equipped on him also played their part.

Love seeing how polished the stream layout gets from year to year
I think they said fangamer did the layout this year.

Nanashrew

Banned
This guy causing all the drama (PvtCb) was put on zero tolerance at the event from the very beginning:

0Bz9y4n.png

Acting like a ban came out of nowhere and was completely unjustified when you're told from the beginning that you're on zero tolerance is so disingenuous. Not surprised considering who it came from.

Good riddance. Sounds like a big baby.

Anoxida

Uh? Headstrong would get the game anyway. He's fucking amazing at the game. Better than bonesaw has ever been. And bonesaw got the game last year purely on his name, since he was out of practice and it showed.

Doesnt change the fact that noone wants Headstrong to be the one whos running it though. Putting on a good show > being best is always going to be true for the vast majority of people watching. Not saying he dont deserve to run it though. But Bonesaw runs more.than Jak he couldve run something else and still made good money. The ban was just stupid.

Doesnt change the fact that noone wants Headstrong to be the one whos running it though. Putting on a good show > being best is always going to be true for the vast majority of people watching. Not saying he dont deserve to run it though. But Bonesaw runs more.than Jak he couldve run something else and still made good money. The ban was just stupid.
His commentary, at least on his personal stream, is extremely good. I'll be surprised if people come out of his run thinking "i wish that was bonesaw".

I don't disagree the ban was stupid but acting like Bonesaw would do Jak justice in 2017 is hilarious. If people actually let that get in the way of Headstrong's run as you're saying, then they really enjoy GDQs for entirely different reasons than I.

Nairume

Banned
What do you find interesting about the video?
I think it's interesting that this guy can sit there and talk about how unfair it is for GDQ to ban a guy after he continually make jokes that the staff kept telling him not to make.

"They unjustly banned this guy for breaking the rules after repeatedly warning him and giving him chances to stop. I CAN NOT SANCTION THIS EVENT ANY LONGER"

jett

D-Member

0Bz9y4n.png

What a dipshit. I have no thing else to say about that dumbass.

Anoxida

His commentary, at least on his personal stream, is extremely good. I'll be surprised if people come out of his run thinking "i wish that was bonesaw".

I don't disagree the ban was stupid but acting like Bonesaw would do Jak justice in 2017 is hilarious. If people actually let that get in the way of Headstrong's run as you're saying, then they really enjoy GDQs for entirely different reasons than I.

It's nothing personal towards headstrong though. But people are going see Jak and get reminded of Bonesaws run and how he was banned. That is going to lead to a lot of donations about cah keys, owen wilson and bonesaw spam in the chat. It's GdQs fault really.. if bone was running another game this year then it wouldnt be a thing. Props to Head for going through with it though I'm sure he knows that a lot of people would rather see Bone instead of him.

jett

D-Member
What did Bonesaw do last year that was so bad?

I think it's a matter of pettiness. Someone on the couch was impersonating Owen Wilson, and the runner dropped references to him then and now. They were told to stop talking about Owen Wilson (for reasons), but they kept on.

He was banned just because he ignored GDQ's made-up rule about not impersonating Mr. Wilson.

ckohler

I love GDQ. So excited to watch it live again this year.

I crazy overslept and missed the Borderlands 2 run, though. The Shovel Knight run just started.

Aeana

I didn't realize Shovel Knight would be a race. Oh well.
Can't watch these because someone gets behind and then I just feel bad the whole time.

Nairume

Banned
Can't watch these because someone gets behind and then I just feel bad the whole time.
Already feeling bad for Munch, since most of the commentary seems to be focusing on Smaugy since he's got a clear lead now.

jblank83

Once in awhile they're very close races, which is exciting.

In any case, given communities are usually tight, they're usually friends and so it's not a bad thing if one lags behind.

Just another way to look at it.

Half of the Shovel Knight stream is going at 60 fps and the other half is 30. This is unwatchable.

They hire help to get these things up and running yet they only have one 60fps capture, it seems odd because they had it running better then this before.

Colours between each capture is different, framerate is different, this should not be an issue but it is.

What did Bonesaw do last year that was so bad?
Bonesaw himself didn't specify:
http://pastebin.com/siiD2UD1

A quick google speculates a few jokes that could be constituted as harassment (suggesting to spam an airline and a person on twitter). It's things that cross the line a bit.

The run is still up btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RylQGkoZpSE
IIRC there was a lot of random banter so it's one of those run that is entertaining but not for the gameplay so it could have even literally been "no fun allowed".

Half of the Shovel Knight stream is going at 60 fps and the other half is 30. This is unwatchable.
Now that you mention it right side is 30 fps, right? Does twitch still have lower stream qualities at 30 fps, you could do that so both are 30 fps :(

0Bz9y4n.png

I wish I didn't click on that fuckstain's twitter account. Lot of abhorrent shit.

Anoxida

Even with the death this run isnt even close. This is why I dont like two man races. 4 man usually means at least two people are close. Smaugy has to die at least twice more for this to be close.

Edit: we have a close one people

Nairume

Banned
Even with the death this run isnt even close. This is why I dont like two man races. 4 man usually means at least two people are close. Smaugy has to die at least twice more for this to be close.
I really started feeling worse for Munch when they started talking about the possibility of him catching up right to Smaugy after both had died, because it made it feel like they weren't even paying attention to him at that point.

Durante

Not quite perfect runs from both players actually make this race very entertaining (with the lead changing frequently).

Top Bottom