• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back in my Play: A Podcast for Nostalgic Gamers (New Episodes Every Sunday)

RkOwnage

Cool! Which one is the best do far?

I only had time to mess around with Toy Box mode so far, I had a lot to do for our NFL draft, and then Summerslam was on tonight (awesome PPV btw). I'm working til 3:00 tomorrow, but then going to play some tomorrow afternoon. I'll give some feedback when/if we do a podcast this Tuesday, I really recommend the game for anyone looking to invest in it, it's a sweet franchise with much potential.

Game Guru

The BimP Gaiden reminded me of something that had happened just a few weeks ago. I was visiting my grandfather who is a big fan of going to pawn shops and one of the pawn shops he visited was a place that had a ton of classic video games and consoles. While it had your typical NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS1, etc stuff, it also had Atari 2600... Vectrex, ColecoVision, one of the many first generation Pong consoles, It even had a Neo Geo. So when you talk about Pawn Shops, there is at least one pawn shop out there with its video games in very good condition and with a large variety.

The BimP Gaiden reminded me of something that had happened just a few weeks ago. I was visiting my grandfather who is a big fan of going to pawn shops and one of the pawn shops he visited was a place that had a ton of classic video games and consoles. While it had your typical NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS1, etc stuff, it also had Atari 2600... Vectrex, ColecoVision, one of the many first generation Pong consoles, It even had a Neo Geo. So when you talk about Pawn Shops, there is at least one pawn shop out there with its video games in very good condition and with a large variety.

Awesome man! Will mention this on the show.

Anyone else with Retro shop stories to share?

Def Jukie

If I had any sort of artistic talent I would do if it for you guys, but maybe someone else could make you guys a better logo. No offense to whoever put that together but it's way too bland. Maybe use that 8-4 connection to get an artist to make one for you. Those guys always have a cool New Year's card.

If I had any sort of artistic talent I would do if it for you guys, but maybe someone else could make you guys a better logo. No offense to whoever put that together but it's way too bland. Maybe use that 8-4 connection to get an artist to make one for you. Those guys always have a cool New Year's card.

I agree, a friend did it for free. Will mention it next episode.

Teknoman

M0dus, Orioto, Raging Spaniard, or...I know i'm forgetting someone else. Those are the resident GAF artists I know of off hand.

Teknoman

Still havent had the chance to listen to the second gaiden beyond the first few minutes (nice on the NG stage intro). Gonna have to play catch up on that and the 100 megashock episode coming up.

Still havent had the chance to listen to the second gaiden beyond the first few minutes (nice on the NG stage intro). Gonna have to play catch up on that and the 100 megashock episode coming up.

This next one is going to be MEGA Huge. next week's should be a little shorter.

Thank you for the kind words. Any games in particular you'd like to see?
Err...hear, covered?

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I'd like some older JRPG's covered, but weren't sure if you guys are into them?

Secret of Mana (especially since the artist Hiro Isono passed away recently).
Final Fantasy series.
Terranigma (not released in US, so you might not have heard of it).

It's more recent but Mario 64. Love hearing about the amazing revolution that it brought to gaming.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I'd like some older JRPG's covered, but weren't sure if you guys are into them?

Secret of Mana (especially since the artist Hiro Isono passed away recently).
Final Fantasy series.
Terranigma (not released in US, so you might not have heard of it).

It's more recent but Mario 64. Love hearing about the amazing revolution that it brought to gaming.

Those are more of a time issue. We are working though Chrono Trigger now though.

Might hit on some PS1 RPGs as it is easier to play these on portables now.

Super Mario 64 is coming soon.

Teknoman

About the new contest, do we submit another review, or are past reviews counted? Also cant get enough of that wave race 64 soundtrack, so hopefully you guys touch on that game soon. Water physics are still impressive today imo.

About the new contest, do we submit another review, or are past reviews counted? Also cant get enough of that wave race 64 soundtrack, so hopefully you guys touch on that game soon. Water physics are still impressive today imo.

I completely agree about the water physics still being great. I really want Nintendo to revisit the franchise one of these days.

Just submit another email like before.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Lovin the 'cast, Kevin. As a fellow Framemeister-owner, and a person who is travelling through Japan as we speak, this cast has been relevant to my interests!

eojoko

Hey, enjoy the podcast. Last week y'all mentioned you were looking for a graphic designer to make a new icon for the podcast. . . I'm not a graphic designer, but had some time to kill while I was listening to last week's podcast (late), and did this:

HdacZAw.jpg

You could put your names at the bottom. It's nothing terribly special, and again, I am not at all a graphic designer, but at the least it might inspire some others options to be made.

Hey, enjoy the podcast. Last week y'all mentioned you were looking for a graphic designer to make a new icon for the podcast. . . I'm not a graphic designer, but had some time to kill while I was listening to last week's podcast (late), and did this:

HdacZAw.jpg

You could put your names at the bottom. It's nothing terribly special, and again, I am not at all a graphic designer, but at the least it might inspire some others options to be made.

Thanks , good vibes from this one.

RkOwnage

Next episode:

just seeing these covers gets my nostalgic blood going. MAN, The N64 launch for me was one of the craziest, for many reasons, which I can't wait to talk about this weekend. Already well into Mario 64, and since it's been MANY years since I last played it, I am absolutely stoked. The cure for the summer cold is a delicious cake, for Mario!

Yes Boss!

just seeing these covers gets my nostalgic blood going. MAN, The N64 launch for me was one of the craziest, for many reasons, which I can't wait to talk about this weekend. Already well into Mario 64, and since it's been MANY years since I last played it, I am absolutely stoked. The cure for the summer cold is a delicious cake, for Mario!

Probably my craziest most happiest time as a Nintendo gamer. I just fell in love with every single game that came out. And SM64 is still my favorite Mario (2D or 3D) till this day...no contest. Epic system.

Top Bottom