• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back in my Play: A Podcast for Nostalgic Gamers (New Episodes Every Sunday)

Latest Episode:
Episode 24: Yoshi's Island

Patrick Klepek of GiantBomb.com joins us to discuss Yoshi’s Island on the Super Nintendo and Super Famicom. As always, we revisit our early memories and impressions of the game before revisiting it almost 20 years later. We also discuss the interesting development history, how Nintendo has failed to recapture the magic in later games, it’s similarities to Super Mario Bros 2, and more!

Previous Episodes:

Next Episode:

Teknoman

I forget who said they played Resident Evil at a sleepover and they didnt realize you had to equip the gun until it was too late, but they were right. Decided to restart RE1 (never beat the original and lost what I was doing in my recent save) and once you find the gun, you still have to remember to actually equip it.

If you ordered one, you should be getting your t-shirts Monday or Tuesday in the US (if you haven't already). Post a picture with you wearing it!

I forget who said they played Resident Evil at a sleepover and they didnt realize you had to equip the gun until it was too late, but they were right. Decided to restart RE1 (never beat the original and lost what I was doing in my recent save) and once you find the gun, you still have to remember to actually equip it.

That was me. I'm still ashamed. :D

I bought a 2DS with Pokemon X for $99.

Two hours into Pokemon and to my surprise, I am enjoying it. Making me want to do a pokemon red/blue episode.

Yes Boss!

Picked up my shirt from the mailroom. Gonna head on vacation to Michigan this weekend and will be wearing it at least once there!

39EF2351-51EB-4400-9569-A57E50456B7E_zpslsygbfac.jpg

Great podcast again, Kevin.

Pretty amazing how far this podcast has come. Kudos.

Thanks, still need to tighten some things up, but I have a list of topics and guests I want to do interviews with in regards to retro games. Basically the episodes I would want to listen to.

Teknoman

I seriously cant believe that Mortal Kombat on the Game boy sold so much. I got MKII from a friend for free back in the day and it just...wasnt.

Teknoman

GIve it a shot and send me your email on twitter.

Temjin_99 was me. For some reason it keeps using an older account that ended being set as default heh. Apparently I had to sign into youtube under my normal profile, click the google hangout ad from there, and then bam.

EDIT: I might have to jump on the next hangout, about to head out for dinner in a few.

Well definitely have to actually, since that is the first time i've heard someone mention how awesome Base Wars was in a long time. Shame people dont mention it more often.

RkOwnage

Popped in to say Hi again and I ordered a blue shirt as well. Caught up with the podcast and hope to keep it that way...looking forward to that potential Pokemon Red/Blue episode!

Hope all is well!!!

PS: 2 WiiU's now.

Ugh

Women's back in my play tees make for excellent ways to propose. You just tape the ring to the inside of the sleeve, ask her to put it on, and then boom. She says yes, falls in love with retro gaming, and insists on having me and Kevin officiate the wedding.

We all play Saturn Bomberman late into the night and smile, thinking of how these moments, though fleeting, will stay with us forever as stories on future podcasts.

dperrin

Women's back in my play tees make for excellent ways to propose. You just tape the ring to the inside of the sleeve, ask her to put it on, and then boom. She says yes, falls in love with retro gaming, and insists on having me and Kevin officiate the wedding.

We all play Saturn Bomberman late into the night and smile, thinking of how these moments, though fleeting, will stay with us forever as stories on future podcasts.

Nailed it!

Top Bottom