• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

jiiikoo

Banned
Seems to be a Fiery Friday at the WH

Na_ytto_kuva_2017-08-18_kello_20.12.45.png

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Who's left that has to interact with Trump on a daily basis who's not related to him?

Seems eight months is the longest someone can go having to talk to him every day.

Oriel

CNN headlines:

Trump furious Bannon contradicted him on N. Korea.

Trump privately stewing over Bannon in recent days.

rfield84

Banned
White House Update v. 1.8.18.17

Would you like to install: Yes [x] No [ ]

Patch Notes for v. 1.8.18.17

-Removes Steve Bannon as White House Chief Strategist

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Ho shit, yeah. Spill them beans, Bannon.

Mueller is gonna come home late tonight and when he opens his living room lights, he's gonna find Bannon sitting on a solitary chair by the fire place as if he were expecting him.

This is great news, but at the same time this gives Bannon a chance to become the de-facto "leader" of the alt right, meaning possible organization + funding. I hope that doesn't come to pass though.

So I guess the scenario is that Trump's cronies get kicked out, Trump loses all influence and Kelly runs the country from behind the scenes as sort of a military dictator for a few years.

I mean, isn't Kelly more responsible for this mess? He was supposed to bring order to White House. Seems like Trump walked all over him with his freewheeling press conference and those ridiculous tweets. Bannon needs to go, but he's not responsible for Trump watching Fox News and repeating White Supremacists talking points.

Nobody can stop Trump from speaking his fucked up mind.

Everyone answers to him, not General Kelly.

Kelly is nothing but a uniform at this point. Another "decoration" for Trump's office. Right next to the gold-plated stapler.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what a clusterfuck. Has there ever been anything like this with ny president at the WH?

mike6467

So I guess the scenario is that Trump's cronies get kicked out, Trump loses all influence and Kelly runs the country from behind the scenes as sort of a military dictator for a few years.

That's the optimistic scenario. Alternatively Trump gets a bunch of no-name yes men who are more extreme then Bannon ever was in there.

Wouldn't this elevate Stephen Miller's influence? Because he's every bit as bad as Bannon, just considerably less visible (which probably makes his position much safer).

Very possible. I don't think this is necessarily a "good thing" for the White House (and its relationship with the people) BUT it does mean that Bannon might be bitter and turn the weight of Breitbart against Trump. Anything that causes instability in the Right is good by me.

NYR

CNN is refuting the fact Bannon resigned two weeks ago or today, they explicitly said he was fired.

Boke1879

Now I really wouldn't be shocked if things really started getting leaky now that Bannon is out.

He doesn't like Jared at all right? He'll also most likely start attacking the IC and members of Trump's WH by proxy of Breitbart

Top Bottom