• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
jaboukie-young-white-atjaboukie-steve-bannon-looks-like-thee-confederate-statue-they-torn-down-was-his-second-to-last-horcrux-nfvar.jpg
Lmfao.

Tovarisc

Are we going to get some sort of rift between Nazis? They would be the best outcome.

Highly unlikely, what we'll get is a mutual relationship between him as editor of Briebart, and the White House with Trump in charge. Anything to damage the left. Bannon is just as effective in harming the names and reputations of any opponent to Trump (or any right wing leader that follows or supplants him), and to him that's all that matters, this firing aside.

Edit:

I'll believe it when I see it hurt the White House. Until there is a concise shift in opinion to the White House and the Alt-Right, this isn't to be assumed.

Oriel

Wouldn't this elevate Stephen Miller's influence? Because he's every bit as bad as Bannon, just considerably less visible (which probably makes his position much safer).

Bannon and The Mooch would have still been in their jobs if they had some self-constraint and not run their mouths off to the media about how great they were. NO ONE is allowed to upstage the president.

This is great news, but at the same time this gives Bannon a chance to become the de-facto "leader" of the alt right, meaning possible organization + funding. I hope that doesn't come to pass though.
If Bannon takes control, which he will, we are looking at more alt-right candidates. I don't think Bannon leaving is good. It just means he joins the forces assaulting Trump.

CHC

Mueller is gonna come home late tonight and when he opens his living room lights, he's gonna find Bannon sitting on a solitary chair by the fire place as if he were expecting him.

Except for the part where the neighbors call the cops before he can get in and report seeing a "drunk homeless man" fumbling wth the latch.

Cuburt

I think it might really go either way with whether he resigned or got fired. Bannon was even distancing himself from the white supremacists and he's probably insulated himself from much of the Russia fuckery, it seems, as well as, like many others, distancing himself from Trump as the administration fails to get things done. Besides, I can see Bannon thinking he got what he could out of the administration and wants to move back to Breitbart to manipulate the media the best he can from the outside.

On the other hand, the White House knows he was a leaker and Mooch came in basically to fire Prebus and Bannon but only got one of them. I don't think many get along with Bannon, including Kushner who has wanted him gone for months now at least, and I can't think Kelly really would want him around either. When the Mooch came in and named Bannon, I knew his job was the closest it's been to the chopping block.

Sunday: Defense force out to make excuses for Trump's "both sides" argument
Monday: Finally critical of Nazi's and white supremacists nearly two days after it happened
Tuesday: Goes back to "both sides" argument and equates anti-Nazi's to Nazi's
Wednesday: Business council disbands due to shitty response
Thursday: Continues to push made up story about a General that would actually make him a war criminal if it were true
Friday: Fires Steve Bannon
Saturday: ?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I think there's some confusion regarding Bannon. I don't think he's that concerned about petty notions such as race. He's a neoreactionary, an economic nationalist. The unholy marriage of libertarianism and fascism. He has used the alt-right the same way the brownshirts were used, but he's not an alt-righter himself. He probably loathes them.

Top Bottom