• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

Boke1879

Robert Costa @costareports
One theme I'm picking up: Bannon believes next battle is *not* w/ Trump but w/ Kushner/Cohn/Dina/HR McMaster. "Save Trump," as one R put it.
1:32 PM · Aug 18, 2017

Yea this is what I pretty much expected. He'll paint Trump and some hapless idiot that is influenced by GLOBALISTS!!

Bannon wants chaos.

Olivia Nuzzi @Olivianuzzi
"I don't see any senior decision makers around the president besides the Vice President who are real conservatives." - source close to WH

No shit, they ran on a platform that was extreme right instead of traditional right.

Eli Stokols @EliStokols
Bannon ally: "I look at the WH and see New York Democrats and generals in ascendancy and that is not what we ran on in 2016."

Because Trump has fired damn near every one of the starting ones. I know it's just a talking point but suggesting there's any democrats in the WH right now is killing me.

daxy

What is it with these losers pretending to play army all the time? #WAR, marching in fuckin molle vests, that crying titbaby from the Vice doc laying like 8 guns on his hotel bed, etc etc.

They're all such fucking DORKS. They just want to play "army" so bad. How pathetic.

Maybe because policy makers and the news spoon feed people with rhetoric coated in such terms. It's always the war on drugs, terror, poverty, religion, and so forth.

One theme I'm picking up: Bannon believes next battle is *not* w/ Trump but w/ Kushner/Cohn/Dina/HR McMaster. "Save Trump," as one R put it.

&&

Annie Karni @anniekarni
GOP operatives have told me they worry Bannon's departure means no Republicans left in the West Wing.

&&

"I don't see any senior decision makers around the president besides the Vice President who are real conservatives." - source close to WH

&&

Eli Stokols @EliStokols
Bannon ally: "I look at the WH and see New York Democrats and generals in ascendancy and that is not what we ran on in 2016."

I would bet what the sources mean by that is there are no alt right, bannonites left and the rest of the administration is just "regular" old rich white conservatives that still hate minorities they're just better at staying on message :(

Jerm411

tenor.gif

Ithil

I think there's some confusion regarding Bannon. I don't think he's that concerned about petty notions such as race. He's a neoreactionary, an economic nationalist. The unholy marriage of libertarianism and fascism. He has used the alt-right the same way the brownshirts were used, but he's not an alt-righter himself. He probably loathes them.

The person who wrote the recent book about him also concluded he doesn't actually give a shit about race, he just plays it for the far right crowd to get their support. However, the author also said he does believe Bannon is legitimately an extreme Islamophobic, so the anti-Muslim stuff is all real, and apparently seems to stem from his upbringing going to some kind of nutty private Catholic school.

I would love to see Fox News trying to defend the president while BB is tearing him down. Conservatives in full panic and not sure who to take walking orders from.

JettDash

So how is Bannon going to battle Trump's daughter and son and law without battling Trump?

Who knows.

I look forward to the next episode of the best reality tv show ever.

I would love to see Fox News trying to defend the president while BB is tearing him down. Conservatives in full panic and not sure who to take walking orders from.

Some people said we were headed for a Civil War, there's just the word conservative in front of it.

lol at anyone acting like there is any real strategy here. They're all incompetent and it will continually to be a shitshow. Bannon is not "more useful" anywhere. There is no way to spin this as a positive for them.

I can't believe that a Trump presidency has ended up being a cleansing fire. Its just brought these deplorables out of their holes and then destroyed career after career.

The person who wrote the recent book about him also concluded he doesn't actually give a shit about race, he just plays it for the far right crowd to get their support. However, the author also said he does believe Bannon is legitimately an extreme Islamophobic, so the anti-Muslim stuff is all real, and apparently seems to stem from his upbringing going to some kind of nutty private Catholic school.

Haven't heard of the book (title?), but based on what you said that sounds plausible. Race isn't what motivates him, he doesn't have a compulsion to fight other races, he just sees race as easily exploitable for his own profit, and it comes second nature as he happens to agree with a lot of the Right's prejudices on a casual level.

Snwaters

&&

Annie Karni @anniekarni
GOP operatives have told me they worry Bannon's departure means no Republicans left in the West Wing.

&&

&&

Eli Stokols @EliStokols

If nothing else, take away this:

Attacking the people around Trump like this is the same as attacking Trump himself. Bannon dosen't want to piss off all the folks who still love Trump. So he'll attack the people around him. But his argument implies that Trump is either one of two things:
1) Weak and easily manipulated
2) A traitor to the cause

Either way, this is a way to attack Trump, just not directly.

Fully expecting bannon to get the michael flynn treatment. "He's fired, but he did nothing wrong/is a great person/fake news media is the real problem"

Annie Karni @anniekarni
"GOP operatives have told me they worry Bannon's departure means no Republicans left in the West Wing. "

Bannon is no Republican, what dumbass GOP operative would think that? He hates Republicans and uses them for his own agenda. He wants to destroy and then rebuild the Republican Party just like he does with the entire government.

No shit, they ran on a platform that was extreme right instead of traditional right.

Because Trump has fired damn near every one of the starting ones. I know it's just a talking point but suggesting there's any democrats in the WH right now is killing me.
By "democrats" they mean people like Dina Powell and Gary Cohn. If you've been slavishly following the palace intrigue squabbling stories over the past 8 months, you'll understand.

Top Bottom