• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

HylianTom

Banned
If nothing else, take away this:

Attacking the people around Trump like this is the same as attacking Trump himself. Bannon dosen't want to piss off all the folks who still love Trump. So he'll attack the people around him. But his argument implies that Trump is either one of two things:
1) Weak and easily manipulated
2) A traitor to the cause

Either way, this is a way to attack Trump, just not directly.
So, in Zelda terms..

15.jpeg

Haven't heard of the book (title?), but based on what you said that sounds plausible. Race isn't what motivates him, he doesn't have a compulsion to fight other races, he just sees race as easily exploitable for his own profit, and it comes second nature as he happens to agree with a lot of the Right's prejudices on a casual level.

Trump’s chief strategist Steve Bannon suggests having too many Asian tech CEOs undermines ‘civic society’

Not sure about that

Tovarisc

Bannon, backed by billionaire, prepares to go to war

Steve Bannon's next moves will be all about the billionaire Mercer family. I'm told Bannon, who visited New York this week, met with Bob Mercer and together they will be a well-funded force on the outside.
  • Bannon has felt liberated since it became clear he was being pushed out, according to friends. He's told associates he has a "killing machine" in Breitbart News, and it's possible he returns to lead their editorial operation.
  • A source familiar with Breitbart's operations told me they would go "thermonuclear" against "globalists" that Bannon and his friends believe are ruining the Trump administration, and by extension, America.
  • Watch for Breitbart's Washington Editor Matt Boyle to be a central figure in this war — which has already begun — against White House officials like HR McMaster, Dina Powell, Gary Cohn, and Jared and Ivanka.
https://www.axios.com/bannons-next-move-2474479917.html

Last weekend was an unforced error by Trump. It looks to have set off a chain reaction of bad news for the white house that I hope isn't over.

Trey

I think people are kidding themselves if they think Bannon is going to bash Trump. Bannon is more useful to their agenda outside of the whitehouse.

in what way is he more useful to white supremacy and isolationism than being the presidents top confidant? lmao

Yup, T_D is on full meltdown mode.

All threads from any Trump supporter questioning Trump's handling of Bannon are now deleted because of 'concerned trolling'.

Get fucked.
...and they have a link to a different subreddit where people have to go if they actually want discuss this? Isn't that kind of pathetic?

(Well, granted, it's not like t_D is actually interesting in anything resembling discussion regardless.)

Not that I feel bad for Bannon, but part of me wonders if ALL of the people in the White House are hoping they get fired. Working in that White House has to be absolutely awful.

Unfortunately in a war between Trump and Breitbart there are no winners, not even us, unless they completely destroy each other.

But he's saying that knowing it'll be slapped around online. He ran Breibart. He knows the reaction these comments get from his readership, and the counter-reaction it gets from his critics. That's why he's saying them.

Assuming a man as callous as Steve Bannon would 'wear his heart on his sleeve', having risen to power the way he has, is naive. He undoubtedly dislikes Asia's influence over the tech industry, but he didn't say that to attack them, but to stir shit up.

I'd like to pre-emptively congratulate Bannon on landing the lead role in the Jabba the Hutt spin-off.

And yes, Breitbart vs the White House could be a lot of fun.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Wow I was already enjoying a great friday at office all alone, and all of a sudden things got even better. I feel like having a nice cold beer lol!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
wait, this is "now a Democratic White House?"

Not possible. They'd have impeached him months ago if this was a Democratic White House doing a job this poorly.

Oriel

Those hoping for a war between a vengeful Bannon/Breitbart and Trump will be disapointed. It seems that Bannon will continue supporting Trump at Breitbart but rail against what he sees as destructive agents within the White House trying to undermine Trump's agenda. Kelly and McMaster wil probably be those to be targeted in this "war". The_Dumpster will also likely embrace such a narrative.

Whatever, hope the Nazis and lol "moderates" in the Trump movement tear each other to pieces.

...and they have a link to a different subreddit where people have to go if they actually want discuss this? Isn't that kind of pathetic?

(Well, granted, it's not like t_D is actually interesting in anything resembling discussion regardless.)

Yea, a thread title mentioned this and was instantly nuked.

Jenov

The dumpster fire that is the Trump administration continues raging on. This has to be a record for fired/resigning WH officials within 7 months, lololol. Looking forward to the best headline of all: TRUMP RESIGNS

Nafai1123

Banned
Even if Bannon attacks those around Trump and not Trump himself, Trump will be caught up in the wreckage. It's his WH after all.

Top Bottom