• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

Principate

Saint Titanfall
BANNON V MURDOCH

ONCE IN A LIFETIME

NEVER BEFORE, NEVER AGAIN

THE ULTIMATE THRILL RIDE

max.jpg

tomtom94

Is it just me who gets the feeling the Republican donors are about to get in line behind Pence and push for impeachment in a couple of months?

greepoman

I'm half joking but maybe he can make more of an influence on the outside. I mean Fox & friends and chain emails seem to have more sway with Trump than his actual advisors. Bannon's stuff works better via a different medium rather than face to face...for obvious reasons.

Seeing how Breitbart are trying to spin things now, it is staggering to me that, despite everything, these people still evangelise Trump as the one 'pure shining light' that is being degraded by everyone around him.

Like, perhaps I'm naive, but I always imagined people like Bannon to be the more intelligent (if not disgustingly evil) ones that just put up with Trump's bullshit for their own gains.

But no, they genuinely do seem to believe in Trump's rhetoric. That's insane.

He believes said rhetoric... will keep his primary source of influence alight with traffic for years to come, now with more control over it again than if he were in the White House.

Not saying this was staged, I think Trump did genuinely kick his arse out, and Bannon wouldn't piss on Donald - as a person - if he was on fire (also to deny him his kink), but Bannon sees a lot of profit to be made out of going after 'globalisation' and if he's making an 'enemy', he needs a 'victim' to save from it, this being the President of the USA.

Again, I can't help but think this whole situation will just result in further vilification of the left, framing Democrats and neo-liberal centrists as the reason why God Emperor Trump cannot succeed. This creates an even greater rift in the country, with "moderates" distrusting liberals and wanting to get Trump back on his own course.

Eusis

Please stop quoting that Bannon pic, I'm almost sure I've contracted Herpes from from seeing so many times.

... possibly Space Herpes.

... ... In fact, I think everyone in the thread should get themselves tested as a precaution.
Meh, it's probably just doing too much meth or something.

komarkaze

If the Trump Administration was the nWo, Trump is nWo leader Eric Bischoff, and Bannon the Hollywood Hogan of the administration, does this ouster make this the greatest day in the history of our sport?

So the right really is going to try and get out from under Trump and say he is a democrat? they did it during the election too.

Amazing to see the lengths they will go to avoid feeling wrong.

The guy they constantly praise as the most manly powerful Republican that ever Republicaned in a Republican-majority government and they're still finding ways to frame Democrats as somehow being the ones in control and ruining everything.

They practically hold all the cards right now. If things are fucked up, it's their own fault. I guess when you can no longer even defend your own God Emperor all that's left to do is claim he's a Democrat.

Meh, it's probably just doing too much meth or something.
I think that there's a strong chance that a vote was held amongst the senior staff and it was decided to fire him because he was becoming too gross to look at everyday.

Like you sometimes get a craving to watch a Cronenberg movie every now and then but no one watches that shit all the time.

Again, I can't help but think this whole situation will just result in further vilification of the left, framing Democrats and neo-liberal centrists as the reason why God Emperor Trump cannot succeed. This creates an even greater rift in the country, with "moderates" distrusting liberals and wanting to get Trump back on his own course.

We were already at the point where Trump supporters were willing to condone Nazism, might as well rip off the band-aid.

Top Bottom