• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

Ephemeris

Wrath2X said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol I bow to you sir!

Anyway, villains NOW!
:D

Aaaaand I dunno what to do. Want to go pick up the PS3 version tomorrow, but I could get the 360 version in under an hour >__<

Arg! *Punches bullet-proof glass*

Sanjuro

Ephemeris said:
:D

Aaaaand I dunno what to do. Want to go pick up the PS3 version tomorrow, but I could get the 360 version in under an hour >__<

Arg! *Punches bullet-proof glass*
I'd make the drive through CT for the 360 version! I want to be playing this right now.

Sanjuro

Are all the shops directly in the large areas? I spent pretty much the entire last summer in Brooklyn but at the time wasn't gaming.

I have yet to find a shop of this sort in MA/RI. Damn....I want to spend the weekend with this game.

Ephemeris

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Are all the shops directly in the large areas? I spent pretty much the entire last summer in Brooklyn but at the time wasn't gaming.

I have yet to find a shop of this sort in MA/RI. Damn....I want to spend the weekend with this game.

Well Revo got it from the city. And it's opened late tonight too [let's lie and say it's for Batman.]

The store near me in Brooklyn isn't getting it till Saturday. Though if I don't get the PS3 version tonight, I'll try to pick it up tomorrow..

That's if I don't break and get the 360 version from a friend right now. :(

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Review embargo tomorrow gents. Should be interesting.
Will the Batman Defense Force accept anything less than 7 8?

Shake Appeal said:
If I hear one more complaint about Batman's buffness I am going to put together a collage of buff Batmen from both comic and screen to shame the complainer into silence.
I think all you'd prove is there's a long history of shitty interpretations of Batman!

I really hope Amazon has learned something about shipping games early so they arrive on the release date or at least one day after as advertised. I ordered 1-day shipping for a reason. Anyone have recent experience with Amazon? The last time I tried this they delayed it about 4 days.

Ephemeris

LabouredSubterfuge said:
I''m going to go out on a crazy limb here and say that this'll be getting 8's at the lowest with a lot of 9/10's from the bigger publications.

Looks like it. I could see a couple of the "bigs" giving it an 8 though.

Revolutionary said:
NYC GAF - mom & pops stores are starting to get them in stock

I just picked up mine, will be streaming it when I get home :)

What was the store you got it from?
Has it got a website?
I want to order it from a mom & pops store to australia so i dont have to wait longer.

Costanza

Banned
FleckSplat said:
I really hope Amazon has learned something about shipping games early so they arrive on the release date or at least one day after as advertised. I ordered 1-day shipping for a reason. Anyone have recent experience with Amazon? The last time I tried this they delayed it about 4 days.
Pick Release Date Delivery, dude.

Costanza

Banned
FleckSplat said:
That's not an option. The quickest option is one-day delivery (estimated Aug. 27).
oh yeah, I forgot that's just offered as a free option for Prime members.

you should get the game on the 25th with one-day since the game is street dated, don't worry about it. the estimations are almost never right with preorders.

wRATH2x

Banned
Ephemeris, I suggest you use me as a central character of NeoGAF/Batman comic parodies. I'll do it for one Coca Cola.

ok i got the game..this is one hell of a surprise to me..its hardcore and looks visually stunning imho.

I just picked it up about 1 hour ago before my favorite mom and pop store closed that sold me madden early and now batman early..i gotta love my asian import/gaming shop that i usually can get my games early from...they dont give a rat's ass about retail dates :D

Anyways, i been playing for 45 minutes or so now.. its gonna be a BIG HIT, its shockingly good like say..bioshock was when you first played it. Off to get sucked into batman's world some more after a quick bite to eat...love'n it so far.

I'd say this game will get very high 8's and into the 9's ..everything feels "right" even the fighting feels "right" sorta like Bourne Conspiracy game..very exciting to play. Visuals really set the batman world feel too! Damn that Unreal Engine keeps improving too! Did i mention how sexy the graphics were? :D

TheExodu5

Banned
Well, I changed my mind. I'm gonna refund my PS3 pre-order today and wait for the PC version. I have work to do in the next 2 weeks anyways.

I figured I'd rather play it with the good visuals and 60fps the first time through.

edit: or do I pump up PhysX to the max and lock the game to 30fps? Decisions, decisions...

WTF

so i goto order this game from Amazon and i get this message when going to checkout:

"This item cannot be shipped to the address you selected. (Learn more.) You may either change the shipping address or remove the item by clicking Delete. "

Wha? They wont post it to Australia, Melbourne?????

TheFallen

Ephemeris said:
Will the Batman Defense Force accept anything less than 7 8?
Batman Defense Force? Heh. More like Batman Cynic Force. There used to be only a few people in the original thread prior to the demo, it had little buzz. Not many people thought this game would turn out well from what it seemed like. Then the demo turned heads. Can't blame everyone, Batman/Comic games generally suck. We're finally getting decent ones.

Man, I'm loving this game so far.

Hard mode really has me feeling like the goddamn Batman, with the amount of thought you have to put into taking out each enemy without being seen (this is NOT like the demo, folks - 2 to 3 shots and you're dead).

But yeah, hope you guys enjoyed the feed!

EDIT: Best. Homespace. Ever.
1z310ua.jpg

No, not really. :|

DXPetti

Banned
tehvampire said:
WTF

so i goto order this game from Amazon and i get this message when going to checkout:

"This item cannot be shipped to the address you selected. (Learn more.) You may either change the shipping address or remove the item by clicking Delete. "

Wha? They wont post it to Australia, Melbourne?????

You cannot buy games/electronics from Amazon unless your a resident of that particular portal (i.e. America for Amazon.com, Japan for Amazon.co.jp etc etc)

EzLink

Banned
Ugh its killing me to read about you lucky blokes who have it already :p

Can't wait until the reviews start pouring in. Should be a good way to keep me occupied until release. Plus I still have to finish Hush 1 and 2, plus watch subzero and mask of the phantasm. I really haven't had this difficult of a wait for a video game since Brawl

shrinkingviolet

Neo Member
DXPetti said:
You cannot buy games/electronics from Amazon unless your a resident of that particular portal (i.e. America for Amazon.com, Japan for Amazon.co.jp etc etc)

Yeah, it's bogus: I live in Japan and can order US-region DVDs through amazon.co.jp, but nothing in the videogames department. Thank goodness for Play-Asia.com, or I'd be... batty.

Looking forward to playing this in Hard mode. The demo was a bit cake-walky, and it's clear the game wants to be more hardcore than its presentation there.

EzLink

Banned
shrinkingviolet said:
Looking forward to playing this in Hard mode. The demo was a bit cake-walky, and it's clear the game wants to be more hardcore than its presentation there.

Hmm, I still haven't decided whether or not I'm going to do my first playthrough on Normal or Hard. Obviously the demo was waaaay to easy, but when I'm first playing through a game I usually go with Normal since I don't enjoy being frusterated on my first experience with everything. I'll definately do Hard mode eventually, just not sure if I'll start there or not

Basch

lol Our east side Shopko broke the street date. They had two copies each for PS3 and 360. Regrettably, I already spent the money on a bunch of books and a movie. The rest is being saved for Persona PSP. Oh well. :D

LabouredSubterfuge said:
I''m going to go out on a crazy limb here and say that this'll be getting 8's at the lowest with a lot of 9/10's from the bigger publications.
Low score so far is 8.1 from OPM Benelux (Belgium, Netherelands, Luxembourg), which the guys on the official forums got quite angry about.

Pezking

Ok, I played it for a couple of hours last night.

I won't spoiler anything, but let me say this: This game is like the lovechild of MGS and Metroid Prime, it's extremely polished and you feel like the goddam Batman the whole time - not only as the ultimate asskicker, but as the world's greatest detective as well.

It's a dream come true for fans of TAS and the graphic novels.

I have only two minor gripes with the game until now: The generic guards look a bit too generic, and in cutscenes, the frame rate tends to be a bit sloppy - which surprises me, because I never noticed that in the demo.

So far my GOTY by a mile, and I can't wait to dive into Arkham Island again tonight!

BeeDog

Has anyone ever preordered from HMV.com? I was wondering, do they ship before the release date, or do they send parcels on the release date (aka the game will arrive several days after the official street date)?

batbeg

I just played the demo for the first time... and apparently, not only do I suck as a gamer (I found it pretty hard :( - I died something like 6 times), but I fucking love it. Which of the pre-order bonuses is generally thought to be the best? I'm thinking of the comic book right now...

wRATH2x

Banned
Pezking said:
Ok, I played it for a couple of hours last night.

I won't spoiler anything, but let me say this: This game is like the lovechild of MGS and Metroid Prime, it's extremely polished and you feel like the goddam Batman the whole time - not only as the ultimate asskicker, but as the world's greatest detective as well.

It's a dream come true for fans of TAS and the graphic novels.

I have only two minor gripes with the game until now: The generic guards look a bit too generic, and in cutscenes, the frame rate tends to be a bit sloppy - which surprises me, because I never noticed that in the demo.

So far my GOTY by a mile, and I can't wait to dive into Arkham Island again tonight!
Villains Pezking, either PM them or spoiler tag that shit.

kaskade

IGN's review should be up 9AM Pacific, 12 EST. I'm not sure what other sites are putting there's up then but I'm excited to see what it get. I'm calling high 8's from IGN.

Ephemeris

Didn't get my copy yet, but I played the 360 version moments ago.

20x Combo felt sooo good.

On the outside, my expression was:
Batmananimated32.png

Internally on the other hand..
2195aic.jpg

:lol

Top Bottom