• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

wRATH2x

Banned
Ephemeris said:
Didn't get my copy yet, but I played the 360 version moments ago.

20x Combo felt sooo good.

On the outside, my expression was:
Batmananimated32.png

Internally on the other hand..
2195aic.jpg

:lol
:lol :lol :lol Your funny, think about my comic idea.

Anyway, villains!

FleckSplat said:
That's not an option. The quickest option is one-day delivery (estimated Aug. 27).

The last 3 games I've ordered from amazon has had the option for release date delivery and I have never been a prime member. That's weird you don't have the option, maybe it's your location??

nib95

Banned
Should get my copy on Monday. Still not sure which copy I'll end up with. But I'd prefer to have either the PS3 version (joker) or PC (PhysX) this time.

TheExodu5

Banned
Know what I'm anticipating most from the PC version? White eyes. :D

The month long wait is gonna be tough. :(

Uggghhhh...maybe I should just play the PS3 version and trade it in and get the PC version after.

Any word on the Home space? Is it actually an appartment you can live in, or is it just a space you can visit?

TheExodu5 said:

Uggghhhh...maybe I should just play the PS3 version and trade it in and get the PC version after.

Any word on the Home space? Is it actually an appartment you can live in, or is it just a space you can visit?
It's an apartment.
Check the last page for a screenie.

TheExodu5

Banned
Revolutionary said:
It's an apartment.
Check the last page for a screenie.

Ugghh....why am I tempted to get this for an appartment in Home that I'll never visit.

Can you get the appartment without purchasing the game? =\

Pezking

Wrath2X said:
Villains Pezking, either PM them or spoiler tag that shit.

Played for 2-3 hours, no surprises yet. Joker, Croc, Harley, Zsasz and the Riddler (only through riddles and audio reports) made appearances.

Flib

Could anyone let me know which stores have it in stock in NYC? I don't think videogamesnewyork has it yet, maybe J&L?

No45

Joystiq review is up:
Rest assured, I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that Batman: Arkham Asylum is unquestionably the best licensed game I've ever played. At the end of the day, however, that's a fairly low hurdle to clear -- it better reflects the game's quality to say it's one of the best stealth-action games ever made, and easily the best video game 2009 has had to offer thus far.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/21/review-batman-arkham-asylum/

:eek:

RavenFox

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Okay...any impressions on the Home space then? Worth getting over the 360 version for that? :eek:
Just get the damn PS3 version and be done with it. Is not like there's some big multiplayer aspect and that most of your friends are on Live. Same game just that one of the console versions has extras.

TheExodu5

Banned
RavenFox said:
Just get the damn PS3 version and be done with it. Is not like there's some big multiplayer aspect and that most of your friends are on Live. Same game just that one of the console versions has extras.

Was annoyed by screen tearing in the PS3 version though. =\

I'm just half deciding in between getting one console version now, or just waiting til the PC version.

batbeg

Just finished the IGN review. God damn. I've gone from complete indifference to absolute desire for this game in like 4 hours.

But according to everyone a month ago, this game was garbage because the potential of it being reviewed early by magazines.

Some choice cuts

Anihawk said:
Yeah, this game's gonna suck. Big surprise.

bluemax said:
The camera was pretty terrible at E3.

Overall the game felt like the EA Batman Begins game with prettier graphics and better combat.

tahrikmili said:
Boycotting EIDOS games (and now by extension SE games, which I never bought anyway) was possibly the best gaming purchase decision I made in 2008.

EIDOS, Square Enix, Atari. Fuck you.

Classic_Gs said:
Pretty much, pretty graphics don't change boring gameplay.

EzLink

Banned
God fucking dammit IGN, keep spoilers out of your fucking reviews. Jesus

Good to see the high scores though. Only a few days left!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
The review scores are quite impressive across the board. After playing the demo I was kinda on the fence.

After reading through some of the reviews and seeing such a good general vibe it's a buy. It seems I can be persuaded pretty easily.

RS4-

The camera is giving me a headache, Gears2 gave me the same feeling. BAA is fucking awesome though.

Slightly annoyed with the map; doesn't tell you if doors between areas are locked. Spent like 5 mins backtracking to an area I couldn't access lol.
Going to be doing a lot of that just for the achievements. Damn riddles :(

datamage

TheExodu5 said:

I was in the same boat as you. I'm just gonna stick it out and wait for the PC version. 1080p/60fps goodness is worth the wait. I have plenty of other stuff to play til then anyhow.

decon

Wow, reviewers are really digging this new Batman game plus the all the positive hype around the demo. I really hope that this game will show that it pays off making a good licensed instead of just a mediocore one. Great release date too!

Was annoyed by screen tearing in the PS3 version though. =\
Then get the other version, how hard can it be?

I was in the same boat as you. I'm just gonna stick it out and wait for the PC version. 1080p/60fps goodness is worth the wait. I have plenty of other stuff to play til then anyhow
The PhsyX support is what makes the PC version better :p

I've got my PS3 version preordered at EB for $38.83 CAD.

The demo was a lot better than I was expecting and I added it to my radar for whenever I could find it significantly dropped from MSRP... that day came a lot sooner than I expected.

My poor backlog...

decon

TheExodu5 said:
But then I miss out on the Home appartment if I opt for the 360 version, or have to wait a month if I opt for the PC version. :p
What about the joker as a playable charachter?

Nelo Ice

Banned
decon said:
Wow, reviewers are really digging this new Batman game plus the all the positive hype around the demo. I really hope that this game will show that it pays off making a good licensed instead of just a mediocore one. Great release date too!

Then get the other version, how hard can it be?

The PhsyX support is what makes the PC version better :p

and mods
edit:damn have to rehost

Holy crap, I didn't expect it to get such high scores. This went from a maybe purchase to a definite one.

Then again, getting the game at $40 already made it a definite one.:lol

Dennis

Banned

I am getting this on PC for the superior graphics but why the fucking delay? It isn't really one of those typical 6 month delays to get people to buy it on the concoles instead, it is just a weird 3 week thing.
Also wow at the reviews. Much better than I dared hope for a licensed game.

gamerecks said:
But according to everyone a month ago, this game was garbage because the potential of it being reviewed early by magazines.

People will never forgive Eidos for previous missteps in that regard. Thankfully, Rocksteady apparently has managed to prove that the publisher does have at least a little sense still left in them.

Wow, I haven't been this excited for a game since Bioshock, which completely lived up to my personal hope. Here's hoping this is the same case!

TheExodu5

Banned
DennisK4 said:
I am getting this on PC for the superior graphics but why the fucking delay? It isn't really one of those typical 6 month delays to get people to buy it on the concoles instead, it is just a weird 3 week thing.

It's to delay piracy. It's a sad truth we have to accept, at least where non multiplayer centric PC/console titles are concerned.

DennisK4 said:

Wierd 3 week thing. Apparently to add PhysX (marketing cover up for, its not ready).

DennisK4 said:

They decided to add Physx support, which from I can tell from the demos makes the game just slightly more immersive. I'm torn between the PS3 version and PC version. Joker DLC and better release date (I could care less about home) vs. Better graphics, PhysX, and mods (some of the suits already modded for the demo look amazing).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
TheExodu5 said:
But then I miss out on the Home appartment if I opt for the 360 version, or have to wait a month if I opt for the PC version. :p

If you really want the Home apartment then it's a no brainer, get the fucking PS3 version and stop sitting here with your thumb up your ass asking GAF which version to get.

If Screen Tearing bothers you (heaven forbid!) then get the 360 version and stop sitting here with your thumb up your ass asking GAF which version to get.

If PC physics and graphics are what you want, then wait the goddamn month and pick up the goddamn Batman on the goddamn PC and sit here with your thumb up your ass waiting for that version.

Otherwise stop sitting here with your thumb up your ass and pick a goddamn version of the goddamn Batman you goddamn want by your goddamn self.

Goddamn. :lol

Im absolutely picking this game up.
Does anyone know what I have to do to get the $30 dollar rebate for the game at Toys R Us?
I don't seen anything like that on the website so do I have to go into the store?

Crewnh said:
Holy crap, I didn't expect it to get such high scores. This went from a maybe purchase to a definite one.

Then again, getting the game at $40 already made it a definite one.:lol

Where can you get it for $40?

Dennis

Banned
I tried enabling the PhysX (high) in the demo and the fps sure took a beating, but I can't really say I was that impressed with the effects.

I definitely expected to like it, but I was still pretty shocked by how much thought had gone into it. It really feels like Batman reimagined as a video game character.

Top Bottom