• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

Pezking said:
O.k. another update before I really start playing later (it's much too bright in the living room right now):

- The installation confuses me: When loading the game, right before it installs, it says that the minimum installation is 1.2GB, and that the game may install up to 3.8GB to further enhance the experience - but you can't choose how much it installs! It automatically installs the 1.2GB, and that's that. I have no idea how you can install the other 2.6GB (and yes, I have enough space on my hard drive).

- You can choose between three difficulty settings.

- There are a number of Behind-the-scenes-Videos on the disc. You can even access them directly from the video option of the XMB.

So the colored manual seems to be CE-only, but the videos are on the regular disc as well.

Noice.

I'm interested about these different installs. I'm guessing it simply improves load times and nothing else?

Zeliard

Iron Toaster said:
Hah I played the demo on the PS3 and I couldn't believe how buff they made Batman look, it was overdone. Same with Gordon, the guy looks like he's in his 60's but is as steroid-pumped as Batman. Guess that's what the Unreal Engine is all about, men on steroids.

Jim Lee says stfu, Batman is a buff motherfucker.

25t9v8w.jpg

why in the hot hell WOULDN'T batman be buff as hell? people find anything to complain about... he's even buff in TAS, he's not much smaller than superman when they had episodes in shows, the artstyle just show's buffness more as being broad and top heavy

TheExodu5

Banned
Spike said:
Buy the PS3/360 version, play it, trade it back to EB and get the PC version September 15.

Since the $38.83 price is one day only, you'll most likely get a $40 trade-in value at EB afterwards.

That's a good point. I probably won't lose any money at all on this. :D

PS3 version it is, for the awesome Home rewards!

The S-Word said:
why in the hot hell WOULDN'T batman be buff as hell? people find anything to complain about... he's even buff in TAS, he's not much smaller than superman when they had episodes in shows, the artstyle just show's buffness more as being broad and top heavy

Some people just forget that Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney and Christian Bale are just actors. Oh and Adam West is an actor too.

jdogmoney

YES. Found Batman: Year One at a local bookstore.

Incredible, definitely worth the purchase.

As for this game, am I only one who isn't all that excited about the prospect of playing as the Joker? I mean, deep-seated moral code aside, I can't see how playing as the Joker would even compare to being the Goddamn Batman, gameplay-wise.

[In this game, at least, since a Joker-centric sandbox Gotham might well be the pinnacle of human achievement.]

TheExodu5

Banned
Don't care all that much about playing as the Joker, but getting a friggin' Batcave appartment + Batmobile + Batsuit in Home is awesome.

squicken

PC version delayed? I was shocked at how good it looked on my very modest system. Much better looking than the 360 version.

TheExodu5

Banned
squicken said:
PC version delayed? I was shocked at how good it looked on my very modest system. Much better looking than the 360 version.

Yeah, September 15th.

PC version does look really awesome. It's definitely got improved texture work as well, which is easily apparent when you look at Batman's checker-beveled chest.

Still going for the PS3 version, because it's super cheap in Canada. If I really like it, I'll trade it in and buy the PC version off Steam when it comes out.

TheExodu5 said:
Don't care all that much about playing as the Joker, but getting a friggin' Batcave appartment + Batmobile + Batsuit in Home is awesome.

From the videos I've seen, the joker challenge rooms sound like the real hard mode. I mean you can't retreate to the ceiling and his "detective mode" doesn't allow you to move. That definitely changes the game as in the predator rooms, you'd have to make use of the environment more since you can't just swoop down/do your business and hide back in the ceiling..

Dave1988

Gully State said:
From the videos I've seen, the joker challenge rooms sound like the real hard mode. I mean you can't retreate to the ceiling and his "detective mode" doesn't allow you to move. That definitely changes the game as in the predator rooms, you'd have to make use of the environment more since you can't just swoop down/do your business and hide back in the ceiling..

Plus, one shot is enough to take Joker down so you'll really have to be careful in how you take the guards down.

DrBo42

Wrath2X said:
To those who got the game early, villains motherfuckers!
1. Do not listen to this man.
2. If you post a villain list without spoiler tags, you will face the wrath of the goddamn Batman.

wRATH2x

Banned
DrBo42 said:
1. Do not listen to this man.
2. If you post a villain list without spoiler tags, you will face the wrath of the goddamn Batman.
Than fucking spoiler tag it. Do not stand in my way DrBo42, do NOT stand in my way!!

Ephemeris

DrBo42 said:
Official word is the demo has reached 2.2 million downloads on PSN/XBL.
Niice.

Iron Toaster said:
AA will probably be the best Batman game made, the demo alone was much better than most of the previous Batman games.

True, except in the "Driving the Batmobile" category. :p

That goes to Begins.

venom2124

The history of Arkham Asylum trailer on gametrailers has got me super hyped. So awesome that bits of the graphic novel made it into the game. Man, I hope the devs put a doll house with a girl's head in it somewhere in the game.

Ephemeris

Wrath2X said:
Than fucking spoiler tag it. Do not stand in my way DrBo42, do NOT stand in my way!!
lol423.png

Revolutionary said:
NYC GAF - mom & pops stores are starting to get them in stock

I just picked up mine, will be streaming it when I get home :)
What the.. ?! Tell me more!

Penguin

Yeah more details on it coming in NYC.

Also just knocked someone over the guardrail (not sure where it leads) in the first room.

Combo ending uppercut and he just like flopped over the edge into the abyss.

So does anyone know how Gamestop "exclusive" download content has worked on past games? Does the content eventually get released as paid content or is it really exclusive? Really debating about where to get my PS3 CE version from; Amazon or Gamestop....

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Sidzed2 said:
I don't even know what you're talking about.

And in any case, I'm not sure if you've ever seen a Batman comic, but... Yeeeeaaah.

What the fuck are you talkin' about, this fella here in the game it's more like Bane, not Batman.
Maybe you're the one not familiar with the comics, because I can show you thousands of stories from Detective Comics to one-shot or graphic novels with "normal" late movies-like Batman (he's well built a martial artist you know, the PERFECT athlete, not a bodybuilder) versus a few where you get this BuffMan who reminds me more of a Sam Keith's Hulk than the Dark Knight ffs.

Red

BruceLeeRoy said:
Wasn't there some crazy pre-order deal that was like $15 off the price of the game?
I saved $12 by buying on amazon, haven't heard anything about $15 off.

Sanjuro

Dash Kappei said:
What the fuck are you talkin' about, this fella here in the game it's more like Bane, not Batman.
Maybe you're the one not familiar with the comics, because I can show you thousands of stories from Detective Comics to one-shot or graphic novels with "normal" late movies-like Batman (he's well built a martial artist you know, the PERFECT athlete, not a bodybuilder) versus a few where you get this BuffMan who reminds me more of a Sam Keith's Hulk than the Dark Knight ffs.
Sooooo....Batman = The Hulk now? You make no sense.

White_Hamster

Neo Member
I was excited to play the demo, and I liked it. I'm just wondering who decided to outfit every 3 feet of the asylum with gargoyles? I mean, Christ, gargoyles are expensive, and you have 12 in every security room? And 6 in every hallway? No wonder Gotham went broke, their public works budget is dedicated entirely to Gargoyles.

Dude Abides

Banned
Revolutionary said:
NYC GAF - mom & pops stores are starting to get them in stock

I just picked up mine, will be streaming it when I get home :)

Anywhere specifically? I got inFamous early at a place in Chinatown. Was a fucking pain in the ass but I wanted it before the Memorial Day weekend rather than after. Releasing a game right after a three-day weekend is so stupid.

If I hear one more complaint about Batman's buffness I am going to put together a collage of buff Batmen from both comic and screen to shame the complainer into silence.

Shake Appeal said:
If I hear one more complaint about Batman's buffness I am going to put together a collage of buff Batmen from both comic and screen to shame the complainer into silence.

proceed good sir

Top Bottom