• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

Dennis

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
It's to delay piracy. It's a sad truth we have to accept, at least where non multiplayer centric PC/console titles are concerned.

You may be right about that being their motivation, but I don't think a 3 week wait will really deter the pirates.

TheExodu5

Banned
TheSeks said:
If you really want the Home apartment then it's a no brainer, get the fucking PS3 version and stop sitting here with your thumb up your ass asking GAF which version to get.

If Screen Tearing bothers you (heaven forbid!) then get the 360 version and stop sitting here with your thumb up your ass asking GAF which version to get.

If PC physics and graphics are what you want, then wait the goddamn month and pick up the goddamn Batman on the goddamn PC and sit here with your thumb up your ass waiting for that version.

Otherwise stop sitting here with your thumb up your ass and pick a goddamn version of the goddamn Batman you goddamn want by your goddamn self.

Goddamn. :lol

Going by your post, I should be buying all of them. :lol

DennisK4 said:
You may be right about that being their motivation, but I don't think a 3 week wait will really deter the pirates.

The point is to get people to purchase the console versions rather than pirating the PC game early.

decon

TheSeks said:
If you really want the Home apartment then it's a no brainer, get the fucking PS3 version and stop sitting here with your thumb up your ass asking GAF which version to get.

If Screen Tearing bothers you (heaven forbid!) then get the 360 version and stop sitting here with your thumb up your ass asking GAF which version to get.

If PC physics and graphics are what you want, then wait the goddamn month and pick up the goddamn Batman on the goddamn PC and sit here with your thumb up your ass waiting for that version.

Otherwise stop sitting here with your thumb up your ass and pick a goddamn version of the goddamn Batman you goddamn want by your goddamn self.

Goddamn. :lol
Just forgot about the Joker excluesive for PS3 :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
decon said:
Just forgot about the Joker excluesive for PS3 :)

The Joker isn't really a huge deal-breaker for me over the 360 version.

Me? I picked up Biohazard 5 because I wanted the Home items along with the game, same thing for Arkham Asylum, I'm going to rent the PS3 version for the Home items and trophies. Then, maybe later pick up the 360 version and get the achievements there. :lol

Though to answer Ex's question: Yes, you can rent AA and get the Home items, I got Street 4 items from doing that. :lol

dallow_bg

nods at old men
BruceLeeRoy said:
Im absolutely picking this game up.
Does anyone know what I have to do to get the $30 dollar rebate for the game at Toys R Us?
I don't seen anything like that on the website so do I have to go into the store?

Where can you get it for $40?
You just go to the store and get it. Ask if they don't give it to you.
It's in their Sunday flyer.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Oh, and I should add, to get the $30 giftcard, you need to be a Rewards member or something, which is free to sign up for I believe instore.

Otherwise, you just get a $20 giftcard.

Biff

ScrabbleBanshee said:
I've got my PS3 version preordered at EB for $38.83 CAD.

Just traded in CODWAW at lunch. $36 TIV + 20% Arkham Asylum bonus = preorder + $4.61 on a gift card :D Thank you for undercutting everyone, Walmart :lol

Crazy off-topic:

ConcealedBlaze said:

I would like to
cleverly
propose a spelling change from IGN to I9N. Every review of any semi-major to major game is over 9.0. I love IGN's I9N's HD video reviews, previews and rewind theatres. That shit's awesome. But if I see a 9 from IGN it actually means nothing to me now.

Some recent examples that spring to mind:

Shadow Complex 9.4 - despite glitches, clipping issues and bad A.I. (all mentioned as problems in the review), reviewer said game needs more polish :S

Fat Princess 9.0 - lolwut. I was on the hype train for this game too, but wow. Definitely not a 9/10

Alot of EB Games have stopped pre-ordering the PS3 version cause of over-ordering.

Makes me think why Sony isn't releasing a Batman bundle.
120 GB PS3 Slim + The Dark Knight Blu-ray + Batman: Arkham Asylum = TOTAL WIN!!

MEGA WIN if they release the batarang controller!!

ChefRamsay said:
Crazy off-topic:

I would like to
cleverly
propose a spelling change from IGN to I9N. Every review of any semi-major to major game is over 9.0. I love IGN's I9N's HD video reviews, previews and rewind theatres. That shit's awesome. But if I see a 9 from IGN it actually means nothing to me now.

Some recent examples that spring to mind:

Shadow Complex 9.4 - despite glitches, clipping issues and bad A.I. (all mentioned as problems in the review), reviewer said game needs more polish :S

Fat Princess 9.0 - lolwut. I was on the hype train for this game too, but wow. Definitely not a 9/10

Lol, website has different opinion than you.

oh look lots of other websites gave these games 9's

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/shadowcomplex

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/fatprincess

Its a conspiracy!

EzLink

Banned
Woah, badass. I didn't think of this myself (1UP review mentioned it) but in the demo if you have a goon strung up to a gargoyle from an inverted takedown you can wait until another goon is over there investigating it, then throw your batarang to cut the rope and make the guy fall and take the other dude out :D

Hurry the FUCK up Tuesday!

TheFallen

EzLink said:
Woah, badass. I didn't think of this myself (1UP review mentioned it) but in the demo if you have a goon strung up to a gargoyle from an inverted takedown you can wait until another goon is over there investigating it, then throw your batarang to cut the rope and make the guy fall and take the other dude out :D

It's an achievement and has also been mentioned in this thread a good dozen times.

RS4-

The Challenge Rooms are button mashing awesome. Spent an hour just sitting there owning guys up and seeing all the finishers.

Hell, if the game was nothing but Rooms, I'd enjoy it!

edit - did not know the rope cutting bit was an achievement; time to get it.

EzLink said:

Yeah there were quite a few people in the other thread that mentioned this. It's amazing how many different ways you can take out someone.

ok I just read the IGN review and holy hell are there a ton of spoilers. Don't bother reading the IGN review if you are spoiler sensitive.

EzLink

Banned
TheFallen said:
It's an achievement and has also been mentioned in this thread a good dozen times.

I hadn't seen in mentioned in this thread. Either way, I figured a few people might have missed it too

Gully State said:
ok I just read the IGN review and holy hell are there a ton of spoilers. Don't bother reading the IGN review if you are spoiler sensitive.

No kidding. So fucking ridiculous. Why the hell do they even do shit like that? Ugh

Ephemeris

Gully State said:

I know, right? I didn't even read the thing properly.. just scanned through it and saw the name [spoiler alert, obviously:
Ra's al Ghul
]

Einbroch

Banned
Graphics are better on the 360. Clear victory.

I joke, I joke. But seriously, this game went from "I don't really care..." to "Hmm, rental". I hope it doesn't take the next step, I'm broke enough as it is!

EzLink

Banned
Ephemeris said:
I know, right? I didn't even read the thing properly.. just scanned through it and saw the name [spoiler alert, obviously:
Ra's al Ghul
]

Yeah, and I like how he prefaces that spoiler by literally saying he won't spoil anything.

Oh great, just checked the review again and it looks like they took that part out. At least they got word of the fact that they are douche bags for spoiling shit like that

Ephemeris

EzLink said:
Yeah, and I like how he prefaces that spoiler by literally saying he won't spoil anything.

Oh great, just checked the review again and it looks like they took that part out. At least they got word of the fact that they are douche bags for spoiling shit like that

Yeah. It was annoying to say the least. Bailed outta that asap.

DrBo42 said:
*Looks at reviews pouring in*
I might cry or pee a little. Oh no I'm doing both. :(
:lol

Eurogamer review is fine, bar a few suggestions about what the Scarecrow fights might be like, although plenty of (p)reviews have gone into much more detail on that front already.

Great to see crow being served. There's a few of us who have been on this bandwagon from day one, and putting up with a lot of the cynicism about the title, especially after the "€ido$ are buying good reviews" debacle, was irksome.

DrBo42

General consensus seems to be that the boss fights are a letdown. This makes me sad.

Edit: Then again, I thought MGS4 boss fights were ass but still enjoyed the game. There's a silver lining to this shit cloud, Randy.

Shake Appeal said:
Eurogamer review is fine, bar a few suggestions about what the Scarecrow fights might be like, although plenty of (p)reviews have gone into much more detail on that front already.

Great to see crow being served. There's a few of us who have been on this bandwagon from day one, and putting up with a lot of the cynicism about the title, especially after the "€ido$ are buying good reviews" debacle, was irksome.

Amen.

It's been an awesome bandwagon. About to get a lot more awesome.

TheFallen said:
That's actually not the achievement. It doesn't have to land on top of another enemy - just startling another enemy with the body works. That's how I got it. :p

EzLink

Banned
I'm a huge Bats fan obviously and I was extremely skeptical when it was announced too. It's sort of the most reasonable and realistic approach with expectations of games like these. Of course, I still woulda been talking about it from day 1 had it not taken my account 15 months to get approved :p

Has anyone watched IGN's vid review? I'm tempted to watch it, but I want to see if it's as spoilerific as the written one

batbeg

EzLink said:
I'm a huge Bats fan obviously and I was extremely skeptical when it was announced too. It's sort of the most reasonable and realistic approach with expectations of games like these. Of course, I still woulda been talking about it from day 1 had it not taken my account 15 months to get approved :p

Has anyone watched IGN's vid review? I'm tempted to watch it, but I want to see if it's as spoilerific as the written one

I didn't think it was very spoiler-ish in comparison to the text, but then again I'm not too clear on the Batman universe anyway...

EzLink

Banned
batbeg said:
I didn't think it was very spoiler-ish in comparison to the text, but then again I'm not too clear on the Batman universe anyway...

Thanks, I'll check it out then :)

Shake Appeal said:
Totally unexpectedly, huh?

k.

"LICENSED SUPER HERO GAME LOL"

I can't be down on people who were skeptical of this. It seemed way too good to be true. Thankfully though that isn't the case :D

ChefRamsay said:
I would like to
cleverly

I think Madden 10 almost getting a 9 would be your easiest target. It got a 8.9, and no chance in hell that game deserved an 8.

Anyway, on topic, surprised and pleased the game is getting great reviews.

Joei

I knew from the first time I read what kind of inspirations Rocksteady was using for this game that it was going to be awesome. These reviews have brought a huge, expected smile to my face. However, and this can't be said enough, HOLY HELL @ IGN. What the shit man, there's some pretty freaking obvious spoilers that that review could have done without.

Otherwise, I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL THE 25TH.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just pre ordered, couldn't resist. I bought it from Amazon, with release day shipping, for $54 total. Nice.

EzLink

Banned
Zeliard said:
Yes, totally unexpectedly.

Do you not remember the mocking photoshops people made for this game? Do you need a refresher?

Haha, what? I don't think I ever saw those. Are they full of lulz?

JRW

I played this on 360 for about 3 hours today and would have to honestly say It might be my GOTY, It's seriously off the hook bad ass.

spidye

DXPetti said:
You cannot buy games/electronics from Amazon unless your a resident of that particular portal (i.e. America for Amazon.com, Japan for Amazon.co.jp etc etc)
that's not quite true. I order all my games from amazon.co.uk and they ship to austria.

dankir

Thank you bestbuy.ca for selling it for 38.99!!! Whoooo! Apparently some ebgames are breaking street dates too and selling it for 38.99!!!!

Zeliard

EzLink said:
Haha, what? I don't think I ever saw those. Are they full of lulz?

2nrmptv.jpg

2u78wo2.jpg

2uy5cpj.jpg

1zntxr7copy.jpg

30jry4w.png

Those are just a few. There were a whole series of those upside-down Batman ones.

GAF preemptively shitting on good games. :D

Top Bottom