• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

stuminus3

Yeah, so apparently I was telling the truth. Finished it up last night and I'm sitting here at work counting the hours til I get to go home and start it again like I've just bought a new game or something.

I wish there was some way to tell which games will have this effect on me before I buy them, it'd save me a ton!

Is it fair to say now that this wasn't just a case of Eidos review-fixing this time? :lol

stuminus3 said:
Yeah, so apparently I was telling the truth. Finished it up last night and I'm sitting here at work counting the hours til I get to go home and start it again like I've just bought a new game or something.

I wish there was some way to tell which games will have this effect on me before I buy them, it'd save me a ton!

Is it fair to say now that this wasn't just a case of Eidos review-fixing this time? :lol

Just because the game is good doesn't mean that Eidos didn't attempt to review fix.

stuminus3

Gully State said:
Just because the game is good doesn't mean that Eidos didn't attempt to review fix.
I don't doubt that they did! :lol

On the subject of Eidos, call me crazy, but I was thinking they should give Rocksteady a crack at Lara.

Joei

Ok... just finished up the story mode yesterday, and I must say it was such a satisfying experience going through this game. Now I'm going through the challange modes and realize just how much I suck at the combat, lol. Even still, on occasion I am able to pull of 30 hit combos and it gives me this sense that I could just go out and whup some ass.

Anyone else feel that even though Batman doesn't kill, he comes pretty damn close, you know, hanging people upside down, knocking them over ledges, and just geneally beating them unconsious with multiple concusions.

Also, something that I thought about was Batman's batcave. Seriously, how did he get all that equipment down there and have it set up? Running some of them chains up to the ceiling and attaching them could not have been an easy job, much less for one person. Who do you think he got to fill that order and how much trust do you think there'd have to be in that contract? I mean, he's the goddamn Batman and you can't just stab him in the back and sell your knowledge, but evey man has his price.

Damn the combat challenges are hard. Only managed 3 Bat Symbols on two of them. Predator challenges were a walk in the park in comparison.

Joei said:
Anyone else feel that even though Batman doesn't kill, he comes pretty damn close, you know, hanging people upside down, knocking them over ledges, and just geneally beating them unconsious with multiple concusions. .

In the big car chase in The Dark Knight he hits a guy driving a garbage truck head on with the Tumbler and absolutely crushes the cockpit of the truck against the ceiling of the tunnel. That guy had to be dead.

Ugh, I have 240/240 riddles. I don't want to finish the game yet, I want moar :(

Blindfutur3 said:
Damn the combat challenges are hard. Only managed 3 Bat Symbols on two of them. Predator challenges were a walk in the park in comparison.
Yeeeaaahh the combat challenges were a pain, but once you get the critical strike timing down it's "almost" a walk in the park. Took me about a week to get all 24 medals, a week of absolute frustration and anger.

On a side note, after I got all the combat challenge medals I began another story on hard and the combat was much easier. Practice makes perfect I guess.

burgerdog

I was not looking forward to the challenges after all the comments I read on gaf. Intensive Treatment(normal) was by far the hardest one for me :lol I completed Shock and Awe(extreme) in six attemps and Rumble in the Jungle(extreme) went down in three. Everything else is not even worth mentioning. Take note that I am far from an expert in combat, some people in the leaderboards are just insane.

1000/1000!

vazel

Banned
Just noticed you can access videos on the disc from the xmb. Are these on the 360 version too or is this part of sony's deal? If it was multiplatform I'd imagine it'd be accessed from within the game menu.

FCMaxi

vazel said:
Just noticed you can access videos on the disc from the xmb. Are these on the 360 version too or is this part of sony's deal? If it was multiplatform I'd imagine it'd be accessed from within the game menu.

That's funny, there are no videos when I browse through the xmb. Got the regular edition Aus copy if that helps

Aske

Dave1988 said:

Why edit the quote?

Here are the DLC announcements from the Gamestop Manager's Meeting.

September 17th: Insane Night DLC Pack - Crime Alley & Dem Bones (All Platforms)
September 24th: Prey in the Darkness DLC Pack - Unknown Contents (PS3 Only)

I can't confirm this 100% as it is a leak from a private conference. Hope the second one isn't PS3 only

I'd assume PS3 exclusivity means Prey in the Darkness is more Joker content, but the title makes it sound so much more like Batman. More silent predator based stuff? I hope so.

Dave1988

Aske said:
Why edit the quote?

I'd assume PS3 exclusivity means Prey in the Darkness is more Joker content, but the title makes it sound so much more like Batman. More silent predator based stuff? I hope so.

I edited it for the following reasons:

1. The 17th September DLC pack content is still speculation and nothing confirmed.
2. The 24th September DLC pack is stated later in that thread to be appearing on both platforms.

Aske

Dave1988 said:
I edited it for the following reasons:

1. The 17th September DLC pack content is still speculation and nothing confirmed.
2. The 24th September DLC pack is stated later in that thread to be appearing on both platforms.

Gotcha. I skimmed the thread and missed those details. Fingers crossed on all new content for both packs and non-exclusivity then!

hamchan

Oh shit Free DLC!? Crime freaking alley? I'm back in!

Oh wait they're just the pre-order bonuses? and Sept 24th DLC is PS3 exclusive? Excitement level down

Dave1988

hamchan said:
Oh shit Free DLC!? Crime freaking alley? I'm back in!

Oh wait they're just the pre-order bonuses? and Sept 24th DLC is PS3 exclusive? Excitement level down

Read the thread again... carefully this time.

Does anyone know if I buy the PC version through Amazon, does Eidos/WBI allow you to activate it through steam so I won't need the DVD in everytime to play it?

I missed getting the "Party Pooper" trophy on PS3 and now I've beaten the game. Is it possible to go back and get that trophy, or do I have to start all over from the beginning, get all the way to the end, and get it that way?

I'm gonna be mad if I have to start over because I was gonna make this the first game I get 100% trophies in, and I don't feel like starting over now. :(

dralla

so I was putting the game back in its case and saw this white sticker behind the intstructions and on the back it had a code for the scarecrow challenge map. I had no idea it was there

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
autobzooty said:
I missed getting the "Party Pooper" trophy on PS3 and now I've beaten the game. Is it possible to go back and get that trophy, or do I have to start all over from the beginning, get all the way to the end, and get it that way?

I'm gonna be mad if I have to start over because I was gonna make this the first game I get 100% trophies in, and I don't feel like starting over now. :(

I'm afraid you'll have to start over

autobzooty said:

Did you beat the game on hard?

Oh and I hope Crime Alley and Dem Bones can be purchases separately if they are paid DLC since I already have Dem Bones. If they are free: BRING IT ON!!

JohngPR

I made the infamous Shock & Awe (Extreme) challenge map my bitch. It took me 20 minutes to do it. I knew the entire time it wasn't going to be awful for me. The hardest part was the fourth round. I did get 30,550 though. LOL I had a harder time getting 50k in Sewer Bat (Extreme).

Hyunkel6

Does batman's suit get ripped up after specific parts in the game (such as boss battles) or based on how much damage enemies inflict on him for each battle?

I am replaying the game on hard, and I could swear that batman's suit was top-notched when I was playing the same part on normal.

Joei

JohngPR said:
I made the infamous Shock & Awe (Extreme) challenge map my bitch. It took me 20 minutes to do it. I knew the entire time it wasn't going to be awful for me. The hardest part was the fourth round. I did get 30,550 though. LOL I had a harder time getting 50k in Sewer Bat (Extreme).

I played Shock & Awe (Extreme) for 2.5 hours today and accomplished nothing. I do get over 30k, but I can't do the last round. I can't even come close on the last round.

I now fear the sequel won't have the same impact. You know after having SOO many bad batman games, and you get a LEGENDARY one, and the sequel while great, may not have the same sentimental value.

Fifty

TacticalFox88 said:
I now fear the sequel won't have the same impact. You know after having SOO many bad batman games, and you get a LEGENDARY one, and the sequel while great, may not have the same sentimental value.

Your first time might have the most sentimental value, but sex is still enjoyable your 2nd time.

vazel

Banned
Hyunkel6 said:
I tried going to the website advertised in the medical facility, and guess what? It's real!

There's even a welcome voice message from warden Sharp. :lol

http://www.arkhamcare.com/
I like how it's not an overly flashy site. Looks just how it should for a site for one institution. But the content is too slim, it's just one page with pop-ups. The Gotham City site is much better.

.GqueB.

Banned
JohngPR said:
I'm pretty sure the costume degradation is story based.
It is and it isnt. Its story based but still kind of randomized. I was speaking with a friend of mine who started the game before me and his cape ripped further into the game than in mine. I think all the damage happens in the same order but just not at designated times.

Turfster

vazel said:
I like how it's not an overly flashy site. Looks just how it should for a site for one institution. But the content is too slim, it's just one page with pop-ups. The Gotham City site is much better.
You can 'hack' the Arkham site, after which you get internal emails, camera's and all sorts of other stuff.

Just platinumed it! WHAT A FUCK AWESOME GAME! This seriously can't be praised enough. Sleeper hit that turned into goty contender (Even though Uncharted 2 will top it). And yes, it is better than Infamous in my opinion. Just a more polished and more fun experience.

I will eat up the DLC and would gladly pay for anything they offer. Will do some more Joker challenges and maybe replay in the near future.

edit: My impressions after playing the demo :lol (which sucked IMO)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17289477&postcount=71

LiK

got Platinum as well, my first one! gonna work on getting the 1000/1000 soon :D

btw, jumped back into the 360 version and i got 93,135 in Sewer Bat (Extreme). i was rocking. currently ranked 110th in the world. :D

LiK said:
got Platinum as well, my first one! gonna work on getting the 1000/1000 soon :D

btw, jumped back into the 360 version and i got 93,135 in Sewer Bat (Extreme). i was rocking. currently ranked 110th in the world. :D

Nice!

I am loving it. I rented the game for 2 weeks straight. I could not stop playing it. It an amazing game. On returning the game back to the rental place, I ended up buying it; on the way home from GameStop.

Kard8p3

Chauncy Talon said:
I am loving it. I rented the game for 2 weeks straight. I could not stop playing it. It an amazing game. On returning the game back to the rental place, I ended up buying it; on the way home from GameStop.

This game needs to sell as many copies as possible so it's good to hear that you ended up buying it. Now we await some DLC and then a sequel.

Downhome

webrunner said:
Does anyone have the url that
Scarface gives during the Scarecrow segment
? I wonder if that one is valid..

I'm pretty sure I went to that one and it did bring a site up, but it looks more like something a fan put together really quick than something official. I can't remember what it was though.

Kard8p3

vazel said:
Haha, really now?

No matter how many copies are bought it'll never be enough.

On a different note does anyone know if the soundtrack has been released? Just wondering because some dude is uploading the soundtrack on youtube.

LiK

Kard8p3 said:
No matter how many copies are bought it'll never be enough.

On a different note does anyone know if the soundtrack has been released? Just wondering because some dude is uploading the soundtrack on youtube.

i checked around, no OST is released yet. i hope they release it soon cuz i love the music as well.

Top Bottom