• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

LiK

ToyMachine228 said:
Does anyone know if you can get the 40-hit combo achievement in through the new downloadable combat challenge?

not sure, but it's incredibly easy to get more than a 40+ combo in the new DLC combat room with the infinite goons. let us know. it should work tho since the requirement is "Any Play Mode"

Outtrigger888 said:
Ive looked everywhere, ill try the wardens office again

yea, try the second floor again. cuz two teeth pieces are on one side of the filing cabinets and there's one on the other side. you probably only got two of them when you were there.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Out of curiosity, does the new DLC yield new achievements? Or does it affect the completion rate at all? I suppose they wouldn't revoke your % or achievements after you've earned 100%, but figured I'd ask.

Peff

Outtrigger888 said:
Im missing 1 set of joker teeth in the mansion and looked everywhere for them and cant find them, its the last riddle I have left. Any tips or am I basically fucked.

Look in
the Warden's office. There's a whole floor up there you most likely missed, plenty of people did :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
GuardianE said:
Out of curiosity, does the new DLC yield new achievements? Or does it affect the completion rate at all? I suppose they wouldn't revoke your % or achievements after you've earned 100%, but figured I'd ask.

Nope. Nothing.

LiK

GuardianE said:

nope, DLC doesn't offer new achievements or affect anything with the Story or regular Challenges. it's mainly for leaderboard stuff.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
ToyMachine228 said:
Does anyone know if you can get the 40-hit combo achievement in through the new downloadable combat challenge?

I'd think so. I've seen a youtube vid of Crime Alley and the player got a combat achievement there, so I think all non-medal combat achievements work in dlc

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Is there a list of all of the different types of moves that contribute to combo variety?

Also, when is the right time to hit LT for the instant batarang throw? I end up hitting it twice which causes a double throw that breaks my combo. I've seen some youtube videos with insane variety bonuses, but I usually top out around 1000-2500.

Woo, finished all the Silent Predator challenges, including the newest DLC one. That was fun!

Not bothering with the brawl ones as I just simply don't enjoy them, so wont be getting the Silver, Gold and Freeflow Perfection achievements.

Damn good game, one of the best this year. Am recommending it to a lot of friends.

LiK

LunaticPuma said:
Is there a list of all of the different types of moves that contribute to combo variety?

Also, when is the right time to hit LT for the instant batarang throw? I end up hitting it twice which causes a double throw that breaks my combo. I've seen some youtube videos with insane variety bonuses, but I usually top out around 1000-2500.

you should check Gamefaqs for moves, they should have a guide by now.

as for the Batarang, you can usually press the LT right away after a hit during a combo and Batman will throw it and then continue your freeflow. the timing ain't too strict.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Just finished the story mode, I have to say it was great up until the final "party".

so Joker's big plan was a one on one fight with Batman ? Kinda makes it seem really stupid. Completely the opposite of Nolan's joker with the "Do you really think i'd risk Gotham's soul in a fist fight with you ?"

Also, I heard that the little post-credits scene is different every time, izzat true ?

Mikey Jr.

chandoog said:
Just finished the story mode, I have to say it was great up until the final "party".

so Joker's big plan was a one on one fight with Batman ? Kinda makes it seem really stupid. Completely the opposite of Nolan's joker with the "Do you really think i'd risk Gotham's soul in a fist fight with you ?"

Also, I heard that the little post-credits scene is different every time, izzat true ?

I think so, atleast from my memory.
In normal, you see Bain come out from the water and grab the Titan formula. In hard, Croc comes out and grabs it.

LiK

chandoog said:

actually
Batman spoiled his party by preventing Gordon from being injected and he also resisted the Titan drug. i think Joker had a completely different plan and if it had succeeded, we would've had a different battle. i was hoping for a more epic battle but i guess the comical nature of it kinda made sense for the character. maybe by Batman ruining the party, he actually ruined the party for us as well. :p

ironic, no?

Mikey Jr. said:
In normal, you see Bain come out from the water and grab the Titan formula. In hard, Croc comes out and grabs it.

difficulty has nothing to do with it. i got
Scarecrow
in both Normal and Hard playthroughs with 80+% on 360. on my third playthrough on PS3 on Hard, i got
Croc
with 70+%. so it's probably based on percentage complete instead.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Mikey Jr. said:

When I beat it on normal
Scarecrow came out from the water to grab the formula
so maybe it's just random.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
damn playing this on pc takes me back to my days of playing THPS 2 DC on PC. bit nauseau inducing moving around. :/

GameGamer

360 version question.

If I want to bring my save to someones house and play there for a while. Then bring that current save back home with me, is that possible?

I brought my 360 HD to another 360 but couldn't use my profile or save.

Windows version question.

Physx will only work on Nvidia cards?

Does the 360 controller work well with the game? As well as the 360 version?

Thanks for any help.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
LiK said:
don't sit so close! ;)
yeah that's probably it. maybe should grab some dramamine too. i had forgotten how playing third-person games with tight cameras really messes with me on pc

LiK

GameGamer said:
360 version question.

If I want to bring my save to someones house and play there for a while. Then bring that current save back home with me, is that possible?

I brought my 360 HD to another 360 but couldn't use my profile or save.

Windows version question.

Physx will only work on Nvidia cards?

Does the 360 controller work well with the game? As well as the 360 version?

Thanks for any help.

it didn't work when you tried to recover your tag on that other 360?

as for PC, you should have no problems using a 360 controller with it.

steadfast

LunaticPuma said:

1. Attack
2. Counter
3. Stun
4. Evade
5. Ground Pound
6. Takedown
7. Throw
8. Batarang
9. Batclaw

That's from memory, pretty sure that's it though.

Yeah, the batarang/batclaw takes a little to get used to - single-tap for batarang and double-tap for batclaw.

When I was working on getting used to the high variety stuff, I just made sure to evade after every move since it doesn't break combo and gives you that extra second to think about what you're doing and not get punched in the head while trying to batclaw :)

LiK

steadfast said:
1. Attack
2. Counter
3. Stun
4. Evade
5. Ground Pound
6. Takedown
7. Throw
8. Batarang
9. Batclaw

yea, that's it.

Monocle

Outtrigger888 said:
Im missing 1 set of joker teeth in the mansion and looked everywhere for them and cant find them, its the last riddle I have left. Any tips or am I basically fucked.
Using this guide, search all the locations where they appear. Or find a video guide on YouTube.

Won

Damn this game is amazing. Just wanted to do a quick first look and ended up playing for 5 hours. :lol

Some of the PhysX stuff is also pretty good. I guess I will stick to it as long the performance stays good.

Daeda

Great game. Only have the combat challenges left, but i can never seem to reach more than one batarang :(

As for those having trouble with the three guys with three different explosions kill in one of the silent knight missions:

The three places you should place them are: 1) on the breakable sealing next to Croc's cage (from beneath). 2) The roof of the office with the glass walls. 3) The wall where one gueard is constantly standing. With the right timing you should be able to get all of them at the same time without using the soic batarang (though you might want to throw it towards the guy near breakable wall 1)

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
ToyMachine228 said:
I got that on my first try in the first round of the Sewer Bat Extreme challenge.

adamsapple

SpeedingUptoStop said:
I got that on my first try in the first round of the Sewer Bat Extreme challenge.

I got it in the regular game in the room where the titan drops from the elevator shaft and you have to fight it while waves of regular enemies come in through elevators.

Taurus

Oh crap, I finished the game on hard and was going through secrets, riddles and achievements afterwards.
Only achievement I'm missing is Party Pooper, which is beating the henchmen before the Joker fight in the end. Well, I didn't beat them before Joker and now the bad guys are gone. :( So is the only way to play through everything again? Just for one achievement?

adamsapple

Taurus said:
Oh crap, I finished the game on hard and was going through secrets, riddles and achievements afterwards.
Only achievement I'm missing is Party Pooper, which is beating the henchmen before the Joker fight in the end. Well, I didn't beat them before Joker and now the bad guys are gone. :( So is the only way to play through everything again? Just for one achievement?

Yep :p

do a quick speed run on easy, game's really short if you go from point to point.

Daeda said:
Great game. Only have the combat challenges left, but i can never seem to reach more than one batarang :(

As for those having trouble with the three guys with three different explosions kill in one of the silent knight missions:

The three places you should place them are: 1) on the breakable sealing next to Croc's cage (from beneath). 2) The roof of the office with the glass walls. 3) The wall where one gueard is constantly standing. With the right timing you should be able to get all of them at the same time without using the soic batarang (though you might want to throw it towards the guy near breakable wall 1)
Way, way too complicated.

Attract bad guys into the windowed room by ziplining into the guy who starts in there. Place two gels on the two distinct parts of the roof of that room, then one on the wall where the guy stands constantly. Detonate.
Job (almost) done.

LiK

SpeedingUptoStop said:
I would've gotten the Party Pooper achievement, but...I found the scenario to be too cute to break up. :]

i saw it during my replay. i actually missed the checklist part outside the door cuz i thought they would attack me. i beat them up before i knew about it. :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Shake Appeal said:
Way, way too complicated.

Attract bad guys into the windowed room by ziplining into the guy who starts in there. Place two gels on the two distinct parts of the roof of that room, then one on the wall where the guy stands constantly. Detonate.
Job (almost) done.

Er, does that ceiling really count as two walls?

SpeedingUptoStop said:
I would've gotten the Party Pooper achievement, but...I found the scenario to be too cute to break up. :]

I did the exact same thing. So, I just had to do it on my Hard playthrough.

Hyunkel6

Foreign Jackass said:
Corrupt save on the final fight of the game, on hard. Quit at the dying screen.

Fuck off.

Ouch. That sucks. I'm about 20 minutes away from the final fight on hard too. I guess I won't quit the game during the final fight just to be be on the safe side.

Haunted

Welp, GAF not really overhyping shit for once.

I'm not the biggest Batman fan, but this is an excellent title.

The
Scarecrow fight actually made me say "holy shit" out loud when those walls just blasted away, swirling around.

Victrix

*beard*
I'll be streaming this live here in a bit, from the beginning. Too much hype, I gotta play it :p I'll update once I'm streaming.

witness

Kard8p3 said:
Do we know anything about the other DLC that's supposed to come out on the 24th?

I certainly hope its not just Extreme versions of the one's released yesterday, I want new costumes for the story and challenge mode!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Haunted said:
Welp, GAF not really overhyping shit for once.

I'm not the biggest Batman fan, but this is an excellent title.

The
Scarecrow fight actually made me say "holy shit" out loud when those walls just blasted away, swirling around.
oh god, the hype is getting crazy.

just a few more hours until my cap is reset and I can download this from Steam

Hawk SE

steadfast said:
1. Attack
2. Counter
3. Stun
4. Evade
5. Ground Pound
6. Takedown
7. Throw
8. Batarang
9. Batclaw

Yeah, the batarang/batclaw takes a little to get used to - single-tap for batarang and double-tap for batclaw.

When I was working on getting used to the high variety stuff, I just made sure to evade after every move since it doesn't break combo and gives you that extra second to think about what you're doing and not get punched in the head while trying to batclaw :)

Also worth noting:

8. Batarang is actually Quick Batarang
- On Xbox 360/PS3, single tap LT/L2 to throw a batarang
-- I don't know the conversion to Keyboard (PC)

9. Batclaw is actually Quick Batclaw
- On Xbox 360/PS3, double tap RT/R2 to use the batclaw
-- I don't know the conversion to Keyboard (PC)

That will save you time instead of selecting it from the wheel of gadgets

Top Bottom