• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

Mikey Jr.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
I would've gotten the Party Pooper achievement, but...I found the scenario to be too cute to break up. :]

Batman doesn't take any shit. When I got to the entrance and the guy was reading my name on the guest list, I just bashed his head in. Who the fuck do they think I am that he can be all cute with me.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Mikey Jr. said:
Batman doesn't take any shit. When I got to the entrance and the guy was reading my name on the guest list, I just bashed his head in. Who the fuck do they think I am that he can be all cute with me.
Ah man, you're totally right. It was a test to see who would be a real Batman and I failed. this is why I will never get 100% now :[

just picked it up on steam

running it very high preset and normal level physx's at 1080p

benchmarked at
min 32
max 77
avg 59

on an old rig too

e6850
4 gigs ram (3.5 due to winxp 32)
280gtx

seems pretty fun so far, combat makes you feel like a badass doing nothing, which I like :D

ZombieSupaStar said:

benchmarked at
min 32
max 77
avg 59

on an old rig too

e6850
280gtx

seems pretty fun so far, combat makes you feel like a badass doing nothing, which I like :D

How do you do benchmarks?

dankir

I finally started getting good at the combat challenge. 18/24 so far I just have Shock and Awe and Jungle on extreme to beat complete all the challenges.

Anybody know where I can see vids of the really really high scores? Guys on the leaderboards are in the 100k+ range in particular

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=936ebBnCBSg

wow....my personal best combo is 48!

legend166

netguy503 said:
um...just get all the Riddler trophies?

Is it just "Find this many % of Riddler trophies, unlock Challenges" or are there specific ones? If it's the latter, why does it not unlock them in order?

I'm just not interested in hunting down all the trophies if I don't have to.

Kard8p3

So I just found a cutscene that I had never seen before. I was at the gardens and
I went to the room with the water in the middle before I had shut the power off and got a nice joker cutscene. He threw a dude in the water and fried him.

I don't know if any of you had seen it before but it was my first time and I've played through it 3 times.

hamchan

Kard8p3 said:
So I just found a cutscene that I had never seen before. I was at the gardens and
I went to the room with the water in the middle before I had shut the power off and got a nice joker cutscene. He threw a dude in the water and fried him.

I don't know if any of you had seen it before but it was my first time and I've played through it 3 times.
I got that for both playthroughs. I didn't even know you could turn it off before seeing that scene.

No45

legend166 said:
Is it just "Find this many % of Riddler trophies, unlock Challenges" or are there specific ones? If it's the latter, why does it not unlock them in order?

It's specific Riddler challenges. When you look at the challenges on the main Riddler screen it will tell you which of them have associated unlocks (I'm not sure it tells you specifically which items it unlocks though, but I'm sure that information won't be too hard to track down).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
just finished now.

what an outstanding game. I'm really happy for Rocksteady.

this year's Bioshock/Dead Space, for sure.

hamchan said:
I got that for both playthroughs. I didn't even know you could turn it off before seeing that scene.

Yes, you can. I did during my second playthrough to see how the game would react. Instead
of a guard getting fried, Joker just ran through the doorway and blew it up

LiK

legend166 said:

you get a nice lil surprise if you find all the trophies. why skip them?

kitch9

Banned
Just completed it today. It was amazing from start to finish. Can i replay with my upgraded batman now does anybody know?

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I just picked this up off steam yesterday, and must be almost done with it (
on the second scarecrow encounter
). IMO, Arkham Asylum has lived up to the hype, and that bar was set pretty goddamn high, since nobody can talk about it without masturbating at the same time.

It's really hard to attribute what makes AA so good to any single thing. Before playing it, I couldn't see what the big deal was - it looked like an average game that had a lot of shallow systems. And that's kind of true...the part about the shallow systems, I mean. But the "tone" and "presentation" of the game (both very ambiguous, but I'm not sure how else to describe them) are done so well, it really ties everything together. It's a very loose feeling game, but in a very tight and solid package, and is the best single player experience I've had in a while.

LiK

bistromathics said:
). IMO, Arkham Asylum has lived up to the hype, and that bar was set pretty goddamn high, since nobody can talk about it without masturbating at the same time.

It's really hard to attribute what makes AA so good to any single thing. Before playing it, I couldn't see what the big deal was - it looked like an average game that had a lot of shallow systems. And that's kind of true...the part about the shallow systems, I mean. But the "tone" and "presentation" of the game (both very ambiguous, but I'm not sure how else to describe them) are done so well, it really ties everything together. It's a very loose feeling game, but in a very tight and solid package, and is the best single player experience I've had in a while.

told you! :p

Kard8p3

bistromathics said:

I'd say you're close to half way through.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Kard8p3 said:
I'd say you're close to half way through.
dang I kinda wish it were a bit shorter, then, but w/e. 2-3 sittings, I guess, is ok...I still prefer the 1-2 format of the recent VALVE stuff, though.

LiK

bistromathics said:
dang I kinda wish it were a bit shorter, then, but w/e. 2-3 sittings, I guess, is ok...I still prefer the 1-2 format of the recent VALVE stuff, though.

once it's over, you'll be sad.

ultron87

Mikey Jr. said:

When I walked into that room I started punching without even thinking. I think I realized they had all been wearing party hats and not attacking after I was punching the 2nd or 3rd guy in the face. :lol

methane47

ZombieSupaStar said:

benchmarked at
min 32
max 77
avg 59

on an old rig too

e6850
280gtx

Thats an "OLD" rig?

that is the problem with high end PC gaming right there :(

Jaeyden

bistromathics said:

I can see that perspective with most games, if your just trying to beat em. I had no desire for this game to end and tried to prolong the experience as long as I could. Would gladly take a few more "sittings" on this one.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Best thing about this game for me was that I never followed the progress of this game. I never even knew it was announced. I wasn't interested. So, this basically popped outta nowhere for me. I hate hearing about a game and waiting months/years for it to release. So, this definately was a nice surprise.

Mikey Jr. said:

When I walked in the door, and I was in that narrow hallway with all the cheering guards, I calmly laid three blobs of explosive gel on the floor, stood back, and cackled when they all hit the floor at the same time.

Turfster

bistromathics said:
When I have to pay 60€ for a new game, I prefer my games to last me as long as possible =p
I was pleasantly surprised by how 'long' AA was for a recent game.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
242sm14.jpg

:lol its Mr. Monday from Venture Bros.

Dave1988

Goddamn, I always fuck up past the 350 combo mark in the new combat room. It's starting to drive me nuts.
By the way did anyone else encounter the quick batarang glitch where Bats doesn' throw them out ( the sound still plays, though)? So infuriating when it happens.

Minamu said:
Youtube/trophyjunkie sites? :) Can't remember what you're supposed to do in that one :S
It was the one where you have to take out 3 thugs with 3 different walls simultaneously. Figured it out. :D Thanks though!

I am now:
16.jpg

and
48.jpg

:D

Ephemeris

Dave1988 said:
Goddamn, I always fuck up past the 350 combo mark in the new combat room. It's starting to drive me nuts.
ephe191.jpg

Dave1988 said:
By the way did anyone else encounter the quick batarang glitch where Bats doesn' throw them out ( the sound still plays, though)? So infuriating when it happens.

It burns my soul.

Ridley327

*sigh*

Last night, I did the last few Freeflow challenges that I needed for the 100% achievement on the PC version and this is what transpired:

1. After finally getting the 50k on the last map, the achievement popped up for Freeflow Gold and was followed by the Perfect Knight achievement...

2. ...or so I thought, as I had exited the game to check some stuff online real quick and noticed that while the Freeflow Gold achievement got through just fine, the Perfect Knight one did not. Worried, I booted the game up again and...

3. ...MY SAVE CORRUPTED.

Apparently, the save corruption is not an uncommon issue that people are having, and I wouldn't have minded it so much if it wasn't for the fact that I didn't get credit for 100%, despite the fact that there should be no way that it would work otherwise. Take a look at what should have been impossible for yourself!

At least Hard is awesome.

jrricky

Banned
Wat just hapned? o_O

EDIT:
Was playing as joker, then back to batman POV and got shot.

EDIT2:
Guess I must try dodging it...

EDIT:
Shit, its scarecrow again, never expected that. At first I thought the game broke on me after it froze for a little then had joker driving batman, lol. Noice!

Could I have dodged the bullet though at first? The retry screen hinted I could...

Kard8p3

jrricky said:
Wat just hapned? o_O

EDIT:

EDIT2:

EDIT:
Shit, its scarecrow again, never expected that. At first I thought the game broke on me after it froze for a little then had joker driving batman, lol. Noice!

Could I have dodged the bullet though at first? The retry screen hinted I could...

All you need to do is use the middle stick to dodge the joker's gunfire.

black_13

Banned
does anybody have a pc save file with around 50% or less they could send me? I reinstalled windows and lost my data. The file is in the my documents/eidos folder and its small enough to attach to email, my email is black13n@gmail.com
thanks.

Ephemeris

Dave1988 said:
Wth? Timeskip already? I need to catch up pronto.
:D

jrricky said:
Wat just hapned? o_O

EDIT:

EDIT2:

EDIT:

awesome post.:lol

jrricky

Banned
GOD, is there some reason, besides being cheap, that batman slows down on his attacks sometimes while enemies are on normal speed hitting you? :/

Its so annoying watching batman in slowmo clearly attacking the enemy first and the guys just hit him out of his unnecessary slow downs.

jrricky said:
GOD, is there some reason, besides being cheap, that batman slows down on his attacks sometimes while enemies are on normal speed hitting you? :/

Its so annoying watching batman in slowmo clearly attacking the enemy first and the guys just hit him out of his unnecessary slow downs.
Pretty sure that's the game giving you time to react and counter the attack.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Revolutionary said:
Pretty sure that's the game giving you time to react and counter the attack.
yea, you're seeing it how Batman sees it, but you're acting like a normal person? Fuck that, give me that game, you ain't a real Batman, jrricky!

Mikey Jr. said:

Exactly. I didn't even get to see them try that shit. Took them out with a remote batarang from across the map.

Top Bottom