• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

Hesemonni

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
What's the last controller you owned that used a middle stick?
N64-controller-white.jpg

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I'm gonna start the hard playthrough tonight. The Combat-challenges got me frustrated to the point of almost throwing a controller through the room (Shock & Awe, S&A Extreme and Rumble in the Jungle Extreme are still not finished, got 2 medals on each). I hope Hard will train me enough in freeflow to wrassle down those last three medals I need.
That, and I need the hard playthrough for platinum trophy, the first one ever.

neorej said:
I'm gonna start the hard playthrough tonight. The Combat-challenges got me frustrated to the point of almost throwing a controller through the room (Shock & Awe, S&A Extreme and Rumble in the Jungle Extreme are still not finished, got 2 medals on each). I hope Hard will train me enough in freeflow to wrassle down those last three medals I need.
That, and I need the hard playthrough for platinum trophy, the first one ever.

Thats what i felt like when i was going through the freeflow challenges, shock and awe and rumble were real bastards. All it takes though is a bit of practice, try to make sure you vary you combo to make sure you get a good variety bonus at the end, i find starting with the batclaw normally is quite usefull as its one of the more time consuming attacks so it can be a pain to pull it off in the middle of a fight.

Still going through hard (not had the time to play much recently) and i now just beat
croc and now have to go fight Ivy
so not a lot to go before i get my Batman Platinum :D

LiK

Hesemonni said:
Ok, I accidentally entered the Visitor Center. Am I screwed with the final chronicle? :/

like someone said, you get to keep playing after the story is complete to get all missed riddles and chronicles. no worries.

Haunted

Rez said:
just finished now.

what an outstanding game. I'm really happy for Rocksteady.

this year's Bioshock/Dead Space, for sure.
Only in the sense of being an excellent game no one really saw coming, I hope.

witness said:
Oh nice they're predator maps (sick of the combat challenges) and free, wicked. Booo thursday only psn store updates :(
I take it PSN will be getting it tomorrow than?

Does anyone know if Rocksteady have mentioned if they will be bringing out any more DLC for the game? I know they mentioned last weeks and this one but didnt know if any others had been mentioned. I would love an bit of extra story mode or something, that would be great :D

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I finished all of the Riddler challenges last night. That was actually a lot of fun. It took me forever to find the last one, though. Apparently I had forgotten to take out one of the laughing teeth in the Warden's Office. Anyway, on to the challenge mode!

Joei

Did EU get the DLC that was released last week? And I really hope this new one gets released elsewhere. Everyone should be able to experience the joy that is this game.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Dirtyshubb said:
Thats what i felt like when i was going through the freeflow challenges, shock and awe and rumble were real bastards. All it takes though is a bit of practice, try to make sure you vary you combo to make sure you get a good variety bonus at the end, i find starting with the batclaw normally is quite usefull as its one of the more time consuming attacks so it can be a pain to pull it off in the middle of a fight.

Still going through hard (not had the time to play much recently) and i now just beat
croc and now have to go fight Ivy
so not a lot to go before i get my Batman Platinum :D

I pulled the batclaw off twice in the middle of a fight without losing combo (out of three tries). What usually gets me though is that I try a quick batarang, and end up aiming the batclaw for a sec, which breaks combo.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dirtyshubb said:

I thought that the variation bonus didn't start until you actually began your combo, and so the Batclaw wouldn't count towards the variation bonus unless you first got a few hits in.

Sasquatch

Got 100% last night. The only achievement I'm missing is Party Pooper. The only two challenge rooms I had left were Shock & Awe and Shock & Awe Extreme. I finished off the last guy as the screen was going black. I wasn't sure if I finished it or not.

I must have gotten really lukcy on Rumble in the Jungle Extreme. I got it on my first try with no trouble at all. Didn't feel extreme in the least!

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Trophy question....for the invisible predator one (the one where you have to complete a predator challenge using only silent takedowns), do you ALSO need to not be seen by any enemy?

I did a predator challenge and only took out the guys using silent takedowns but i didnt get the trophy.....the only thing i can think of is that i did get spotted a couple times during the challenge. Is that why i didnt get the trophy?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Trophy question....for the invisible predator one (the one where you have to complete a predator challenge using only silent takedowns), do you ALSO need to not be seen by any enemy?

I did a predator challenge and only took out the guys using silent takedowns but i didnt get the trophy.....the only thing i can think of is that i did get spotted a couple times during the challenge. Is that why i didnt get the trophy?

Yep. Gotta be invisible.

LiK

Sasquatch said:
Got 100% last night. The only achievement I'm missing is Party Pooper. The only two challenge rooms I had left were Shock & Awe and Shock & Awe Extreme. I finished off the last guy as the screen was going black. I wasn't sure if I finished it or not.

I must have gotten really lukcy on Rumble in the Jungle Extreme. I got it on my first try with no trouble at all. Didn't feel extreme in the least!

yep, got gold in both Rumble in the Jungles my first time. the Titans make getting massive combos and points pretty easy.

Foob

I just started playing the game yesterday, and I have a question about all the buildings around the island; I will be visiting them all at some point, right? I was doing the mission where I had to save
Gordon
and while I was following his trace, there were like ten other buildings I wanted to go in, but figured the story would take me there later. So, yeah, just wanna make sure I'm not missing out on stuff.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Foob said:
I just started playing the game yesterday, and I have a question about all the buildings around the island; I will be visiting them all at some point, right? I was doing the mission where I had to save
Gordon
and while I was following his trace, there were like ten other buildings I wanted to go in, but figured the story would take me there later. So, yeah, just wanna make sure I'm not missing out on stuff.

You'll be visiting everywhere. No need to fret. You may be able to check some of them out now, but there's no need. Everything will open itself up to you in time, and you'll have to explore each one as the story progresses.

netguy503

Free Batman 'Prey in Darkness' DLC detailed, arrives tomorrow

Late summer blockbuster Batman: Arkham Asylum receives another dose of free DLC with the "Prey in the Darkness" map pack tomorrow on Xbox 360 and PS3. The "Heart of Darkness" map will have Bats battling baddies at the Arkham Pumping Station, while "Hothouse Prey" has the detective using his predator skills to silently dispose of henchmen in the conservatory (i.e., the Abandoned Glasshouse).

Remember to check out the free "Insane Night" map pack if you somehow missed it last week ... oh yeah, and don't forget to check out the game if you've somehow missed out on that, too.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/23/free-batman-prey-in-darkness-dlc-detailed-arrives-tomorrow/

Krelian

LiK said:
yep, got gold in both Rumble in the Jungles my first time. the Titans make getting massive combos and points pretty easy.
For some reason I had the most problems with Rumble in the Jungle Extreme, finished Shock and Awe Extreme before it.

I really enjoyed the combat challenges in the end. At first I wasn't even able to finish the first one, but with practice I got much better and it started making a lot of fun. The fights on hard are almost a cake-walk now.

Dave1988

netguy503 said:
Free Batman 'Prey in Darkness' DLC detailed, arrives tomorrow

Late summer blockbuster Batman: Arkham Asylum receives another dose of free DLC with the "Prey in the Darkness" map pack tomorrow on Xbox 360 and PS3. The "Heart of Darkness" map will have Bats battling baddies at the Arkham Pumping Station, while "Hothouse Prey" has the detective using his predator skills to silently dispose of henchmen in the conservatory (i.e., the Abandoned Glasshouse).

Remember to check out the free "Insane Night" map pack if you somehow missed it last week ... oh yeah, and don't forget to check out the game if you've somehow missed out on that, too.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/23/free-batman-prey-in-darkness-dlc-detailed-arrives-tomorrow/

I hope it's another infinite room . Can't wait.

470+ combo .
I.am.the.goddamn.Batman.

LiK

Krelian said:
For some reason I had the most problems with Rumble in the Jungle Extreme, finished Shock and Awe Extreme before it.

I really enjoyed the combat challenges in the end. At first I wasn't even able to finish the first one, but with practice I got much better and it started making a lot of fun. The fights on hard are almost a cake-walk now.

wow, really? Shock and Awe Extreme was the last one i completed on both versions. so hard. i guess our play-style is different. :)

Gribbix

The 'Prey in the Darkness' DLC will not be released on the 360 in North America. Apparently, Sony has secured it as an exclusive for North America only. Also, there are no plans to release it for the PC in any region.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96561
Keir said:
So just to clarify - this DLC isn't available on PC, and as far as I know there are no plans to release it on PC. It is only available on PS3 in the US but is available for PS3 and 360 in Europe.
Keir said:
Hall E Woode said:
So does the U.S. 360 crowd eventually get it? Or no?
Can't sugar coat this one, I've been told no.

Sorry.

Hyunkel6

Gribbix said:
The 'Prey in the Darkness' DLC will not be released on the 360 in North America. Apparently, Sony has secured it as an exclusive for North America only.

Wtf is this shit? Let's hope that there are still more dlcs on the way at least. :(

Minamu

I don't like this dlc bs any less than anyone else, but, at least now you guys know how it has felt for ps3 owners since day 1.

Just saying.

Managed to get some time to play this again last night and finally got my Platinum :D
Such a good game, wouldnt change a thing about it.

Now onto Infamous which has been waiting there for me to play while i have been distracted with B:AA :D

Zefah said:
I finished all of the Riddler challenges last night. That was actually a lot of fun. It took me forever to find the last one, though. Apparently I had forgotten to take out one of the laughing teeth in the Warden's Office. Anyway, on to the challenge mode!

Haha wow so did I, although my last one was a random joker's teeth in a hallway inside Intensive Care.

Great game and one of the few that had me collect everything after beating it. Mostly did it because I loved the atmosphere of Arkham Asylum and the riddles were actually a really interesting form of a 'collectable'. It was totally worth it too.

Now to see how many achievements I can get from the challenge room.

Dirtyshubb said:
Managed to get some time to play this again last night and finally got my Platinum :D
Such a good game, wouldnt change a thing about it.

Now onto Infamous which has been waiting there for me to play while i have been distracted with B:AA :D

Funny, I did the same thing. Platted B:AA and dove straight into Infamous. Working on platinuming that next :D

Nachkebia

Banned
Rez said:
just finished now.

what an outstanding game. I'm really happy for Rocksteady.

this year's Bioshock/Dead Space, for sure.

Very strange, because I find Bioshock to be astonishing and on the other hand I find Dead Space to be mediocre, I am half way though Arkham Asylum and I think it is in the middle of been astonishing and mediocre :D

MisterAnderson said:
Funny, I did the same thing. Platted B:AA and dove straight into Infamous. Working on platinuming that next :D
What are the trophies like for Infamous? I have had a quick look but just wanted to know if there are any hard ones to get.

Top Bottom