• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

Sidzed2

Bearillusion said:
You really should have different settings on your TV. One for 360 and the other PS3.

Hmmm, maybe that's it. I have a Bravia- PS3 running through HDMI. What settings do you recommend to 'compensate' for the difference in vibrance that I see?

Whoa, does anyone know what Gamestop's price matching policy is? Do they even have one anymore? Fry's will have Batman Collector's Edition for $84.99

Dave1988

Sidzed2 said:
Hmmm, maybe that's it. I have a Bravia- PS3 running through HDMI. What settings do you recommend to 'compensate' for the difference in vibrance that I see?

You might also want to try switching RBG Limited to RGB Full in the system options. (It's under display settings)

EzLink

Banned
Urgh, just called the two places near me that sometimes sell games the Monday before the "release date" (I know, I know, that's usually the shipping date so I knew it was a long shot) and neither of them were selling. Looks like I'll have to suffer through this last full Arkham-less day :/

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Dave1988 said:
You might also want to try switching RBG Limited to RGB Full in the system options. (It's under display settings)

A correctly configured picture should ALWAYS use the limited setting. I have a Bravia and i use it on limited, and it looks great.

You should go over to avsforum.com, go to the LCD tv forum, and look for your model of Bravia. You will find tons of tv picture settings there that people have done using professional calibration.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
How's the difficulty? I was thinking of starting out on the toughest since I'd like to get a platinum eventually, but if it's too brutal... well, I'm weaksauce.

wRATH2x

Banned
Wrath2X said:
I'm loving this game! easily my GOTY so far, and I played 09's best. I am stuck though.
I just beat some thugs with Harley running away, I need to shutdown whatever's electracuting the flooded water.
Help.

hamchan

Damn you guys! I have to wait until next month to get this because of my exams and all your spoiler tags and impressions are causing me great anguish :(
Keep up the positive word!

wRATH2x

Banned
Wrath2X said:
I'm loving this game! easily my GOTY so far, and I played 09's best. I am stuck though.
I just beat some thugs with Harley running away, I need to shutdown whatever's electracuting the flooded water.
Come on guys help is needed now, be like Batman.

AniHawk

Wrath2X said:
Never mind just found out, thanks for at least trying though.

A dick who saves people.

Yeah, but he's killing them slowly with the chemicals his company dumps in the water supply and actively works to block health care reform because it would raise his taxes.

wRATH2x

Banned
AniHawk said:
Yeah, but he's killing them slowly with the chemicals his company dumps in the water supply and actively works to block health care reform because it would raise his taxes.
But he still saves people.

so some here are saying to play the game on hard for your first playthrough? for those who have the game, what are your thoughts on this?

Ephemeris

neojubei said:
This whole street date bull should go away, if it is in stock just sell it.

Agreed. They only do it for statistical/tracking reasons, right?

Gryphter said:
so some here are saying to play the game on hard for your first playthrough? for those who have the game, what are your thoughts on this?

Playing on hard is awesome.

Dizzle24

neojubei said:
Went to 2 Targets yesterday, no joy.

Went to a Target on Saturday, saw that the PS3 section was running the FULL game at the kiosk, so I ask if it was available...the dude said "is it out yet?" I told him I didn't know :lol and he proceeded to tell me "Oh, I remember now, the boxes in the back say the 26th, so I can't sell it to you yet."

I was all FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Ephemeris said:
Agreed. They only do it for statistical/tracking reasons, right?

I think it is also for making sure that everyone has a fair shot at getting it when it comes out, not those who shark the internet and hit the stores daily.
I have been irritated many times though at seeing a stack of games behind the counter and being told that I can not buy it because it has not hit 12:01 yet :lol

Clipjoint

I played it on hard and enjoyed it. It's just challenging enough to keep each fight interesting, but not too difficult that it's frustrating. I can imagine the combat becoming repetitive on normal or easy, so I'd definitely suggest starting with hard.

GQman2121

Banned
neojubei said:
This whole street date bull should go away, if it is in stock just sell it.

You guys have to go where the Asians are. They don't give a fuck about street dates. They're selling new releases right out of the box, right off of the UPS truck. You get no receipt and they accept cash only! Thems the terms.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Gamepro only gave this game an 8. noes.

Gamepro? Isn't that the magazine that uses little excited faces as a rating system? The videogame rag that never had an ounce of respect in the industry, even though they've been peddling their wares since the early 90s?

Gamepro? Really? Riddle me this about what Gamepro thinks about anything, Batman...

Who gives a fuck?

Ephemeris said:
Playing on hard is awesome.

Clipjoint said:
I played it on hard and enjoyed it. It's just challenging enough to keep each fight interesting, but not too difficult that it's frustrating. I can imagine the combat becoming repetitive on normal or easy, so I'd definitely suggest starting with hard.

done deal, thanks guys.

Volcynika

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Gamepro only gave this game an 8. noes.

Oh noooooooo we must think of the children! They only gave it an 8! This is clearly the end of times.

Seriously, it's somehow crazy to give this "only an 8"? Gotta love the internet. An 8 isn't a bad score at all.

Sanjuro

pixel monkey said:
Gamepro? Isn't that the magazine that uses little excited faces as a rating system? The videogame rag that never had an ounce of respect in the industry, even though they've been peddling their wares since the early 90s?

Gamepro? Really? Riddle me this about what Gamepro thinks about anything, Batman...

Who gives a fuck?
Gamepro is the most respected gaming information outlet in history. Helped me beat Super Metroid asshole.

11bkqdw.jpg

Minamu

Where I live, it's illegal to break the street dates because it's unfair competition for your competitors. That's why we have street dates in the first place, I'd say. In a capitalistic society like ours, it's not very nice :p

OokieSpookie said:
I think it is also for making sure that everyone has a fair shot at getting it when it comes out, not those who shark the internet and hit the stores daily.
I have been irritated many times though at seeing a stack of games behind the counter and being told that I can not buy it because it has not hit 12:01 yet :lol

Is that really a problem anymore though? A lot of people pre-order games and when was the last time a game sold out anyways?

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Gamepro is the most respected gaming information outlet in history. Helped me beat Super Metroid asshole.

Um...yeah. No.

Nintendo Power did the same for me back when I was at university. Doesn't make Nintendo Power the "most respected gaming information outlet".

I've played the game so much it's made it's way into my dreams.
Dreamt I was kicking Blackgate prisoner ass all night.

On that note, I have to say that the combat is extremely satIsifying. I think I may even like it more than the sneaking sections (although I love those as well) - it just feels so right. I keep finding new ways to extend my combos. My current record is 63. :D

Sanjuro

Revolutionary said:
I've played the game so much it's made it's way into my dreams.
Dreamt I was kicking Blackgate prisoner ass all night.

On that note, I have to say that the combat is extremely satIsifying. I think I may even like it more than the sneaking sections (although I love those as well) - it just feels so right. I keep finding new ways to extend my combos. My current record is 63. :D
When you fight Killer Croc can you do this?

1snnsk.gif

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
GQman2121 said:
You guys have to go where the Asians are. They don't give a fuck about street dates. They're selling new releases right out of the box, right off of the UPS truck. You get no receipt and they accept cash only! Thems the terms.

There are no mom and pop game stores in Boston, which sucks.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
No. You are just dense and retarded.

Of course. As is anyone who disagrees with you and your profound opinions.

That philosophy will undoubtedly serve you well through all your days. Good luck with that.

Sanjuro

pixel monkey said:

That philosophy will undoubtedly serve you well through all your days. Good luck with that. Fucking idiot.
:lol :lol

wRATH2x

Banned
OK just met up with Ivy at the garden, she told me about some plant that has the antidote to the Titan venom, I forgot where and need help.

pixel monkey said:

That philosophy will undoubtedly serve you well through all your days. Good luck with that.
damn son you done gettin trolled good

Top Bottom