• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

Sanjuro

OokieSpookie said:
Spike special tonight should be fun, so so tempted to hit Gamestop at midnight but $30 is $30 so Toys R Us wins...
I'm pretty much in this boat. If Gamestop didn't put their logo on the print of the case then I would purchase tonight and return my TRU sealed copy. The $30 gift card I believe expires at the end of October, but there is still so much more coming out I'm going to want.

I'm not 100% sure on this though? Can anyone confirm the GS logo about the case being imprinted on the cover?

EzLink

Banned
11 hours 8 minutes remain...

I guess I'll give my room a good cleaning. It's a weird ritual I have; I thoroughly clean my room before games I'm incredibly hyped for come out so I can have maximum enjoyment in my clean living quarters

wRATH2x

Banned
EzLink said:
11 hours 8 minutes remain...

I guess I'll give my room a good cleaning. It's a weird ritual I have; I thoroughly clean my room before games I'm incredibly hyped for come out so I can have maximum enjoyment in my clean living quarters
11 hours till awesomeness my friend!

CAW

I wasn't going to get the console version. I wanted to hold out for the PC version (Sept 15th) but I couldn't do it. I just went and pre-ordered a copy for tomorrow morning, Xbox 360 version.

This seems to be a trend with me. Each time a game is released on the console first, I buy it, play it, shelve it and then buy the PC version when it's released. Am I a sucker? Is this why (in most cases) console games are released first? Is it a marketing thing? I mean, I know in B:AA case it's to develop 'Physx' or something like that, right?

Gah! Ah well, still excited nonetheless. :lol

EzLink

Banned
Good god, I just watched the launch trailer...

I think I need a change of boxers... and of skin (don't ask!)

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu i'm sooooo tempted to batdash over to gamestop at midnight and play for a couple hours before bed but

A) I have school at 930 and I don't want to be miserably exhausted because

B) I only got three hours of sleep last night and also

C) If I wait until after school then I get 30 dollar TRU giftcard, and I'm poor as fuck right now so that would help a lot

I have a really bad feeling though that I know what I'll be doing at 1215 am, and it WON'T be sleeping :/

CAW said:
I wasn't going to get the console version. I wanted to hold out for the PC version (Sept 15th) but I couldn't do it. I just went and pre-ordered a copy for tomorrow morning, Xbox 360 version.

This seems to be a trend with me. Each time a game is released on the console first, I buy it, play it, shelve it and then buy the PC version when it's released. Am I a sucker? Is this why (in most cases) console games are released first? Is it a marketing thing? I mean, I know in B:AA case it's to develop 'Physx' or something like that, right?

Gah! Ah well, still excited nonetheless. :lol

Do not feel bad, I will be doing the same thing with the PS3 version and the PC version.

Chrange

Banned
EzLink said:
Good god, I just watched the launch trailer...

I think I need a change of boxers... and of skin (don't ask!)

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu i'm sooooo tempted to batdash over to gamestop at midnight and play for a couple hours before bed but

A) I have school at 930 and I don't want to be miserably exhausted because

B) I only got three hours of sleep last night and also

C) If I wait until after school then I get 30 dollar TRU giftcard, and I'm poor as fuck right now so that would help a lot

I have a really bad feeling though that I know what I'll be doing at 1215 am, and it WON'T be sleeping :/

Don't. If you get it, you'll be playing until probably 3 in the morning.

EzLink said:
C) If I wait until after school then I get 30 dollar TRU giftcard, and I'm poor as fuck right now so that would help a lot/

You sure you can get the deal after class? The $30 gift card deal is only between 10am-2pm tomorrow, and you have to be a rewards member, which is free. It's only $20 if you aren't a member or if you do it outside of that timeframe.

Zzoram

Should I get the PS3 version or the 360 version? I know the PS3 version lets you play the challenge rooms as the Joker, but is it just the same challenges you'd play as Batman? Does the Joker add a new twist to the gameplay or have his own challenges?

What else is different between the versions?

Gspark

If you get the game at TRU can use the $30 gift card on the game's purchase or do you have to use it on something else?

Zzoram said:
Should I get the PS3 version or the 360 version? I know the PS3 version lets you play the challenge rooms as the Joker, but is it just the same challenges you'd play as Batman? Does the Joker add a new twist to the gameplay or have his own challenges?

No offense but search the thread.
This question has been asked literally thirty or forty times.

GQman2121

Banned
OokieSpookie said:
It is not available online, it is instore only and was in sunday's paper.
Look on the site for the weekly ad.
Lego Batman is a great game though...

How do you fancy my chances of getting both the gift card and Lego game at the same time? :lol

TRU employees are not the most astute bunch of workers here in Baltimore. I'm just saying.......

JRW

Zzoram said:

I didn't find the joker challenges worthy of swaying my decision, I chose 360's for its slightly better gfx due to SSAO being enabled, less screen tearing and 2XAA.

GQman2121 said:
How do you fancy my chances of getting both the gift card and Lego game at the same time? :lol

TRU employees are not the most astute bunch of workers here in Baltimore. I'm just saying.......

That would be awesome:lol

Joei

GQman2121 said:
I'm not seeing these Gift Cards for my area TRU. They're offering a free copy of Lego Batman with purchase of Batman:AA.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3539986

:(

That's because you're probably doing it wrong.

1. Go to http://www.toysrus.com
2. Around middle of page click "shop our ads/view now>"
3. Input in zip code... for example, my zip code is 44055... so I put that in. Again, put in your own zip code
4. Click on the ad under 8/23: Prices effective Aug 23 - Aug 29
5. View page 4, selectable under the ad
6. Profit

TimeKillr

Hmm, so I checked the store stock for 2 Futureshops near my workplace and both show the game in stock...

What are the odds they'll sell it to me today? lol

So I take this stupid Toys R Us card to the store tomorrow between 10 and 2 and they give me a $30 gift card when I buy the goddamn Batman game?

Top Bottom