• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

kaskade

Yeah, the game is fucking amazing, no doubt about it. I haven't had a "holy shit" moment like taking down about ten thugs in 30 seconds, not getting hit once. Thank you for this game Rocksteady, thank you.

Man I got to get out of this thread you guys are killing me. Im about to come down with a bad case of the "stomach flu" so I can go home early.

Penguin said:
I'm a little before that... maybe?

You had to cut down the chandelier to free the two men, and now I got to find the Doctor's note in the mansion, but I've been through it 3 times and can't find anything
How are you not finding anything? Have you activated Detective mode? It's supposed to tell you exactly where it is.

If not, then you're not supposed to be looking for it just yet, but rather Dr. Young, herself.

You guys need to be more descriptive if you want us to help. lol

MMaRsu

Fuuuuuuuuuuck me man I HAVE to get this game stat! Holy shit at those review scores and impressions from you guys.. It sounds soooo good.

GQman2121

Banned
So who wants to be the hero and step up and share the Dem Bones GS content with all of us who went with TRU or Best Buy? :lol

Surely someone here went with GS and was kind enough to setup a dummy account to share on the PS3.......

Karish

You have to love when a multi-platform release is this good. Sure there's some 360 vs. PS3 talk in this thread, but it's all nonsense.

This game is just so good, it's a must play.

I think the analogy to The Dark Knight is actually just. Just as TDK was so unbelievably good for a Batman movie, so is Arkham Asylum unbelievably good for a Batman game.

Truly Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, and Bioshock meet Batman... what could be better?

Ephemeris

Amir0x said:
holy goddamn fuck this game is amazing.

i did detective work. i did detective work as Batman

someone hold me
hold790.png

GQman2121 said:
So who wants to be the hero and step up and share the Dem Bones GS content with all of us who went with TRU or Best Buy? :lol

Surely someone here went with GS and was kind enough to setup a dummy account to share on the PS3.......
That would be awesome.
Especially if you include me!

Chrange

Banned
OokieSpookie said:
You can not play this game without at least once saying to yourself regardless of your surroundings....I am the goddamn Batman...

I say that every time I get it down to just one thug left and then take him out with a flashy counter move.

My wife thinks I'm insane. :lol

TheFallen

Spike said:
A quick question:
Is the Scarecrow challenge map code from EB/Gamestop a universal code or is each different?
Different for every pre-ordered game and inside the case.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Or you coulda grabbed any of the last 3-4 days it's been up on the PSN.
The dem bones pre-order bonus is in the PSN store via a unique code inside the box, so how would we have gotten that 3-4 days earlier?

witness

I love love love love love this fucking game, its amazing. My GOTY easily, more than inFamous, KZ2, RE5. Best damn game of the year so far. I've unlocked 3 challenge maps for batman and joker so far and on the sewer map I ended up with my best combo so far, got it up to x51. It was a fucking adrenaline rush, soooooo amazing.

I wonder what this new free DLC coming soon is all about, my guess is that it'll come out thursday, next psn update.

lostxii

I loved boss battle with
scarecrow. It was short but ,presentation-wise, amazing, especially everything with surrounding it

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
fuck. there is nothing worse than waiting for damn UPS. last time they shipped a game to me I got it at 9PM :(

and now i just find out that i'm going to get a haircut and i have to go to dinner with some people.

i will never get to play this game :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
K2Valor said:
fuck. there is nothing worse than waiting for damn UPS. last time they shipped a game to me I got it at 9PM :(

and now i just find out that i'm going to get a haircut and i have to go to dinner with some people.

i will never get to play this game :(
jesus fuck man, don't post this depressing shit in here

newsguy

Yes this is the most amazing shit I've played but I'm stuck, and I'm getting pissed. I never get stuck in these games but I'm at the part where
you're following Ivy's pheromones and you come to the outside and there's one sniper on the intensive treatment center and you need to find an alternate way to get in. Ivy's plants are blocking all doors and I can't find a way in this damned thing.
I wouldn't ask unless this shit was controller-throwing shitty. Please help.

newsguy said:
Yes this is the most amazing shit I've played but I'm stuck, and I'm getting pissed. I never get stuck in these games but I'm at the part where
you're following Ivy's pheromones and you come to the outside and there's one sniper on the intensive treatment center and you need to find an alternate way to get in. Ivy's plants are blocking all doors and I can't find a way in this damned thing.
I wouldn't ask unless this shit was controller-throwing shitty. Please help.
:lol

You got a new gadget at the Gardens, did you not? Try using it from one of the guard towers.

JambiBum

So anyone wanna help me out with this riddle. It's in the records room. "Our records show that a Strange transfer request was made in this room.

newsguy

Revolutionary said:
:lol

You got a new gadget at the Gardens, did you not? Try using it from one of the guard towers.

It tried that! but I'll try again. :lol thanks, I'm reading my post and I sound like I'm spazzing. Oh, and best hand to hand combat animations ever? I think so.

JambiBum said:
So anyone wanna help me out with this riddle. It's in the records room. "Our records show that a Strange transfer request was made in this room.
Okay, this goes for everyone asking about riddles and whatnot:

If there's a riddle you cannot solve no matter what you do, DO NOT STRESS IT. You can/will return later with more gadgets that will give you access to previously blocked areas.
In this case, it's the room with the security thing on it. You can't open it until much later.

newsguy said:
It tried that! but I'll try again. :lol thanks, I'm reading my post and I sound like I'm spazzing. Oh, and best hand to hand combat animations ever? I think so.
Yeah that's why I was laughing. lol

JambiBum

Revolutionary said:
Okay, this goes for everyone asking about riddles and whatnot:

If there's a riddle you cannot solve no matter what you do, DO NOT STRESS IT. You can/will return later with more gadgets that will give you access to previously blocked areas.
In this case, it's the room with the security thing on it. You can't open it until much later.

Yeah that's why I was laughing. lol

Thanks. I wasn't really stressing it. Just didn't know if it was in the room with the trophy or the room that I couldn't get to yet.

Sanjuro

This game is like getting sucked of by a masterful blowjob expert during a sky diving test that went horribly wrong and as you fall down to earth you aim upward and give god a giant facial.

************* out of ****

v4wefd.gif

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
For those of you playing on Hard, what are the advantages in doing so? Is enemy AI tougher/smarter? Do they eliminate grappling icons? Is your stamina lower? Or does it feel just "right" in terms of risk/reward? I've played through on normal so far but only past the first boss (if you can call it that!).

Just got back from TRU with my copy, but I'm a little confused at how they rang it up. Happy, but confused. The game rang up at $39.99 with the gift card at $20, no problem there equals $59.99... but I also picked up the Collector's Edition of MK vs DCU, which rang up at $14.99 discounted from $29.98.

Were they running a Buy 1, Get 1 Half Off and I never noticed? o_O

JambiBum

bob_arctor said:
For those of you playing on Hard, what are the advantages in doing so? Is enemy AI tougher/smarter? Do they eliminate grappling icons? Is your stamina lower? Or does it feel just "right" in terms of risk/reward? I've played through on normal so far but only past the first boss (if you can call it that!).

Thugs take more damage and the counter icons are no longer there.

andymcc

Banned
i have swine flu. i've been sick as hell. last night, someone picked up arkham asylum for me and, I don't know if it is the generous amount of antibiotics or the fact that i'm playing a video game where i feel as if i'm actually controlling batman... but i suddenly started feeling much better today...

thank you batman.

TheExodu5

Banned
Game is soo good. I definitely think I'll be picking up the PC version. <30fps and tearing is a little painful at times. :lol Still friggin' fantastic. Possible GOTY material.

Wag

andymcc said:
i have swine flu. i've been sick as hell. last night, someone picked up arkham asylum for me and, I don't know if it is the generous amount of antibiotics or the fact that i'm playing a video game where i feel as if i'm actually controlling batman... but i suddenly started feeling much better today...

thank you batman.
You're actually not playing it at all. It's all just a flu induced hallucination...:D

andymcc said:

thank you batman.

Box quote right there.

Top Bottom