• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Nozdeuce said:
I had that same problem this morning my last one was
in the patient observation room on top of the little room the guys were hiding in
Happy hunting :lol
I found it! Wow, mine was in the same exact spot. Now I just need to find the last of
the Arkham Asylum's spirit tapes. It said I need to figure out it's identity?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
K2Valor said:
I found it! Wow, mine was in the same exact spot. Now I just need to find the last of
the Arkham Asylum's spirit tapes. It said I need to figure out it's identity?
Was so painful looking for that last one
who do you think he is and where'd you last see him?

ant_

Nozdeuce said:
Was so painful looking for that last one
who do you think he is and where'd you last see him?
I figured it out instantly, just now. Pretty satisfying. Just needed to remember where I last saw him, and what building it was in and I found it!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Zzoram said:
I'm done half or more of the Botanical Gardens and it says I'm at 40% completion. I haven't done any of the challenges. Do you know how much % is attributed to challenges?

Not sure about the actual amount, but all the riddler stuff is also included.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
K2Valor said:
I figured it out instantly, just now. Pretty satisfying. Just needed to remember where I last saw him, and what building it was in and I found it!
Meant the last med facility teeth sorry :lol I thought it was weird figuring out who he is was easier than just about all the challenges. Congrats!

Montresor

I just reached
the scarecrow nightmare fight
. What a special game. My brother saw me playing that part, and he instantly declared the game awesome and vowed to start playing it.
I had a feeling that Batman was having a nightmare, because I noticed his eyes glowing red, and I thought it suspicious that the game developers could kill off a character as important as Gordon. Then when the strange telephone operator responded to Batman instead of Oracle, my suspicions were pretty much confirmed. It was so fucking cool entering the morgue to see the metal cabinet doors flapping around, and then, - fuck... this is when my brother and I flipped our shit - I tried to exit the morgue and ending up right back in the same place. Opening up his dead zombie parents' body bags, and then getting freaked the fuck out by the third body bag, and then fighting in the bizarre, ludicrously trippy nightmare world, all of that combined just blew me away
. That was a refreshing and fun as hell gaming experience.

Ephemeris

nourali2 said:
I just reached
. What a special game. My brother saw me playing that part, and he instantly declared the game awesome and vowed to start playing it.
I had a feeling that Batman was having a nightmare, because I noticed his eyes glowing red, and I thought it suspicious that the game developers could kill off a character as important as Gordon. Then when the strange telephone operator responded to Batman instead of Oracle, my suspicions were pretty much confirmed. It was so fucking cool entering the morgue to see the metal cabinet doors flapping around, and then, - fuck... this is when my brother and I flipped our shit - I tried to exit the morgue and ending up right back in the same place. Opening up his dead zombie parents' body bags, and then getting freaked the fuck out by the third body bag, and then fighting in the bizarre, ludicrously trippy nightmare world, all of that combined just blew me away

Personally, I knew something was amiss when Bats started coughing on the elevator ride down.

Granted, I thought it was knock-out gas instead of
fear gas
:lol

nourali2 said:
I just reached

You'll really lose your shit at the next scarecrow encounter. It is a really powerful sequence of events :D

ant_

This is the first game since Halo 3 that I actually wanted to collect everything. Now that I have, I'm still not at 100%. I have to get all the challenge rooms completed, and try and get 100%. I am going for 1000/1000 for this game. This is INCREDIBLY rare for me. This game is something else, for some reason.

Jtrizzy

Wow, the game is freezing a lot for me tonight. I'm near the end in the room where they are trying to keep you out of the control room and it's frozen 3 different times in this room.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Jtrizzy said:
Wow, the game is freezing a lot for me tonight. I'm near the end in the room where they are trying to keep you out of the control room and it's frozen 3 different times in this room.

That's Mr Freeze for ya :D

comrade

Jirotrom said:
I looked at the strat guide today... are all those villains really in this game?
If it's naming characters like
Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, Two-face, etc. Then no. They aren't NPC's in game, but bios you find that give character specs and a biography.

Ephemeris

MiamiWesker said:
But I went back and beat the bastard, 1st place once again. Madden666 I am coming for all your scores.
Man. You're just giving me a harder target to chase now.:lol

Good work though.:D

ant_

As far as a sequel goes, let's discuss potential villains and how they will handle it.

Two-Face for sure. I would love other ones like Prometheus, Penguin, Mr. Freeze, and bring back the Riddler. Killer-Croc is still alive ( he grabs the Titan formula at the end of the game, after the credits ). How will they handle it without all the villians being in Arkham Asylum? I'm thinking like a hub world, the Batcave. You get calls and you have to go to the places and investigate, discover more, etc. But you just select them and Batman drives there in his Batmobile. I don't think free-roaming would bid well in this game.

K2Valor said:
As far as a sequel goes, let's discuss potential villains and how they will handle it.

Two-Face for sure. I would love other ones like Prometheus, Penguin, Mr. Freeze, and bring back the Riddler. Killer-Croc is still alive ( he grabs the Titan formula at the end of the game, after the credits ). How will they handle it without all the villians being in Arkham Asylum? I'm thinking like a hub world, the Batcave. You get calls and you have to go to the places and investigate, discover more, etc. But you just select them and Batman drives there in his Batmobile. I don't think free-roaming would bid well in this game.

Actually
the ending is randomized. When I finished, it was Scarecrow's hand grabbing the Titan formula. It's gonna be one of three endings, Scarecrow, Croc, or Bane.

ant_

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Actually
the ending is randomized. When I finished, it was Scarecrow's hand grabbing the Titan formula. It's gonna be one of three endings, Scarecrow, Croc, or Bane.
Interesting :D

painey

are there any tips for big scale fights? I usually knock down one or two but it seems they are invincible unless they are finished with RT+Y and whenever I mount someone I am smashed in.

KAOz

Short bus special
Ordered this game yesterday (release in Sweden is today), and will be getting it in about two hours.

I am so fucking hyped for this now. :lol

Can't wait to start playing. And seeing people comparing it to Bioshock doesn't really help the urge to play it go down.

MMaRsu

How far am I into the main story if I have to
rescue Dr. Young from Zsasz in the Warden's office?

I don't want this game to be over for a long time!!!

Barrett2

Its been a while since a game has so completely sucked me in like this. I wish I could just play non-stop all day.

I am giddy thinking about sequel possibilities....

Danneee

KAOz said:
release in Sweden is today

No, the nordic release was yesterday.

Awesome game, though i really hate the camera and the context sensitive controls sometimes. It makes the silent predator parts unnessecarily hard in certain situations.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
MMaRsu said:
How far am I into the main story if I have to
rescue Dr. Young from Zsasz in the Warden's office?

I don't want this game to be over for a long time!!!

Roughly halfway I'd say. Maybe a bit less

Dennis

Banned
Guys could you stop posting about how awesome this game?
I am waiting for the PC version and I feel I am missing out :lol

What a game. What a fucking game! It has everything I needed from a Batman game!

I think I am 80% done with the story mode.

My favorite part:
Bruce entering Crime Alley via Scarecrow's Toxin. I swear, I left the controller when lil bruce fell on his knees. I stopped playing for 3 or so minutes before I started walking again.

Dead

well not really...yet
Can someone explain what is up with the Green Question Marks sometimes seen in Detective mode?

I assume they are for the Riddler challenges, but I have no idea what to do with them. I try to scan them in a million different positions but it always comes up as incomplete or something like that

Brashnir

Dead said:
Can someone explain what is up with the Green Question Marks sometimes seen in Detective mode?

I assume they are for the Riddler challenges, but I have no idea what to do with them. I try to scan them in a million different positions but it always comes up as incomplete or something like that

walk over them and press A. they're collectibles.

Dead said:

Usually the question mark will be missing the dot. Climb somewhere high to find the dot and align it. Once aligned, you can solve the riddle

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Can somebody please reassure me about something? I have just finished the first section of the game and have gotten to the surface of the island. There are a few areas of the first section that seem inaccessible (need explosives), am I right in thinking I will get these later on in the game and will have to go back to those areas again, or have I missed something?

Oh yeah, forgot to say, the game is FUCKIN' AWESOME!

Bojanglez said:
Can somebody please reassure me about something? I have just finished the first section of the game and have gotten to the surface of the island. There are a few areas of the first section that seem inaccessible (need explosives), am I right in thinking I will get these later on in the game and will have to go back to those areas again, or have I missed something?

Oh yeah, forgot to say, the game is FUCKIN' AWESOME!

The answer you are looking for is "Yes".

Shit unlocks later on. Even if you miss out on the riddles, you can still backtrack at the end of the game.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
shagg_187 said:
The answer you are looking for is "Yes".

Shit unlocks later on. Even if you miss out on the riddles, you can still backtrack at the end of the game.

Cheers mate, that is what I thought, but spent a good hour looking around the whole section last night just in case. i will just go with the flow and tidy up the loose ends once I am finished, I am a bit of a completionist (*cough* trophy whore *cough*)

Volcynika

Bojanglez said:
Cheers mate, that is what I thought, but spent a good hour looking around the whole section last night just in case. i will just go with the flow and tidy up the loose ends once I am finished, I am a bit of a completionist (*cough* trophy whore *cough*)

Completionist? High five!

neorej

ERMYGERD!
DennisK4 said:
Guys could you stop posting about how awesome this game?
I am waiting for the PC version and I feel I am missing out :lol

You will get all sorts of awesome batarmor for free, that should ease the pain.

Eidos moneyhats at work :lol
http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/952337-batman-arkham-asylum/index.html

2uff0yc.jpg

1248svt.jpg

batbeg

Hoooooly shit this game is AWESOME! I've spent like an hour and a half with the main game, though I'm extremely slow at playing it - I've only just started encountering
firearm-equipped enemies from the demo
. But for the last half hour or so I've just been doing that first challenge room :lol It feels SO GOOD to get a combo up into the 30s and 40s!!

I haven't even downloaded the Joker DLC yet, either. Holy shit I love this game. My GOTY for sure, so far.

quickwhips

Ok I was trying to solve a riddle last night
Im in the room where it says you need to look from a different perspective? I climbed up top and i looked to the left and it says partial solved or partial clue? I'm not sure what I'm actually looking at though lol. I found the killer croc cage one so I know its not that. Any advice to what I'm doing wrong?
BTW my wife loved the cartoon and she has been glued to the screen watching me play. This game is amazing.

Dead

well not really...yet
Biggest laugh I got out of this game yet was looking through a shack in the outside of Arkham and seeing pictures of Alan Moore spread accross the floor :lol

Danneee

Holy shit at the part when
the Scarecrows poison makes the screen garble with graphical artifacts, I thought my Xbox was breaking down. Damn you Rocksteady :lol .

batbeg

One of the guards has a hook hand :lol

I'm afraid I enjoy the combat system so much I'll never be able to leave the first challenge room to progress through the awesome main game and unlock more challenge rooms :( Someone help me, I'm trapped!

Brashnir

batbeg said:
One of the guards has a hook hand :lol

I'm afraid I enjoy the combat system so much I'll never be able to leave the first challenge room to progress through the awesome main game and unlock more challenge rooms :( Someone help me, I'm trapped!

There's plenty of combat in the regular game too.

KAOz

Short bus special
Been playing a little bit. Just quit at the point after
Harley blows away the elevator and you need to climb around to get up the floors.

So far, it's been soooooo good. I want to play more, but I promised my girlfriend that I wouldn't play too much before she got home from work, because she wanted to see it.
So hard to not boot it up again and keep playing.

Also played the first challenge room. Had a great time, and being the goddamn Batman and dodging every single blow, to get the Perfect Knight Bonus felt awesome.

Can't wait to play more!

Red

One of the Riddler challenges involves
scanning Ra's al Ghul's body in the morgue. The body vanishes after the game is complete.
Can this stop you from getting 240/240? I found everything, but I'm curious.

ezekial45

Banned
So i heard that
Ra's Al Ghul
makes an appearance in the game. Is it only in Audio logs? Or is it something more.

If so, where can i find it?

Top Bottom