• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Played up until
I put Harly in solitary confinement. Finally being able to take down those damn electric gates is a great. Get all the goodies inside.
:D

By the by, some of those audio tapes are really interesting to listen to.

feel

The quality of this game blows my mind. I just can't believe someone made a batman game this good... it just keeps on delivering scene after scene... just wow. It really feels like you're the batman and the atmosphere of Arkham feel great, so much attention to detail and easter eggs.
Only wish we had more freedom to use the gadgets whenever we please, and that the slomo closeup when you get the last kill of a group could be turned off.

RavenFox

Banned
Earlier in this thread or the other I'm not sure there was alot of talk about PhysX and what the PC can do and what not. It seems the devs added some of that stuff in the final game since the back of my box says PhysX[PS3 version]. I actually have boxes, paper, helmets sometimes obstacles that react to me when touched. To anyone with the 360 version does it say PhysX on the back of the box? This is an Nvidia tech but I guess with licensing it works on 360 through software?
Want to add this game keeps me up to late at night. Jesus what an addicting beautiful game.

stuminus3

Who the heck are this so-called "Rocksteady" and what right do they have coming out of nowhere and delivering such a complete freaking masterpiece of a game?

I mean, wow.

RavenFox said:
To anyone with the 360 version does it say PhysX on the back of the box?
Can't check the box right now because I'm at work, but I do know for sure that the PhysX logo appears on the splash screens when you load the game. I thought it was weird. Possibly just a generic screen across all versions of the game?

quickwhips said:
Ok I was trying to solve a riddle last night
Im in the room where it says you need to look from a different perspective? I climbed up top and i looked to the left and it says partial solved or partial clue? I'm not sure what I'm actually looking at though lol. I found the killer croc cage one so I know its not that. Any advice to what I'm doing wrong?
BTW my wife loved the cartoon and she has been glued to the screen watching me play. This game is amazing.

There is a roof on the (left?) side of the room oppposite of where the doctors are initially that needs to be broken with bat-gel. Then get on the gargoyles and looked at the edge of where you blew it up (in detective mode). Then you have to align the dot.

Took me damn near forever to figure that out. Riddler Challenges are a bit to much pixel hunting, but I still enjoy them.

witness

RavenFox said:
Earlier in this thread or the other I'm not sure there was alot of talk about PhysX and what the PC can do and what not. It seems the devs added some of that stuff in the final game since the back of my box says PhysX[PS3 version]. I actually have boxes, paper, helmets sometimes obstacles that react to me when touched. To anyone with the 360 version does it say PhysX on the back of the box? This is an Nvidia tech but I guess with licensing it works on 360 through software?

I noticed when I first started playing, papers shuffling about on the ground when I walked over them, unlike the demo.

RavenFox

Banned
stuminus3 said:
Not really a spoiler, it doesn't happen in game - it's just Batman lore, it happened in the comic book years ago.
I know this. I'm deep in the game way pass that part. Its just that if someone just got the game they would like to know this on their own. I know I would. Anyway didn't mean to be harsh if it came out that way.
witness said:
I noticed when I first started playing, papers shuffling about on the ground when I walked over them, unlike the demo.
That raised my eyebrow a bit since someone in here was adamant that it couldn't be done.
I'm sure the PC version has much more but I was like don't tell me the damn PS3 can't simulate paper movement after all the games on it that does alot more. The demo was exactly that...a demo.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Can anyone confirm Phys-X on PS3? I can't recall seeing anything like that in the 360 version. :\ I wasn't really looking, of course, but it was pretty obvious in the PC demo with Phys-X enabled.

barring Shadow Complex, this is the first game in a long long long time that I'm inspired to go for all collectibles. There's simply something fun about it, whereas in other games (hello, GTA) it's really just tedious and unrewarding. It also helps ALOT that one of the collectibles in each area
is a map that reveals all other riddler challenges on your in-game map

Baker

Banned
lostxii said:
oh, I guess I'll look then.
They're usually

- Towards the end of a level

- Require a tool you won't have the first time you visit that area

They're like twice the size of the audio tape pick-ups so you can't miss it when you run into one.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Holy crap at the
Scarecrow Battle!!! The stuff before too when Batman was opening the moving body bags and seeing his parents.....freaky stuff!!
:D :D

Im just slightly after what i spoilered above now. Do you have the opportunity to back to these older areas and look for the hidden stuff, or is there no way back once you advance the story? I find myself having a dilemna in areas as to whether to move on with the story or try to explore and find everything first. :lol

witness

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Do you have the opportunity to back to these older areas and look for the hidden stuff, or is there no way back once you advance the story?

You go back metroid style with new gadgets that let you get to new places in that environment.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
dark10x said:
Can anyone confirm Phys-X on PS3? I can't recall seeing anything like that in the 360 version. :\ I wasn't really looking, of course, but it was pretty obvious in the PC demo with Phys-X enabled.
PC only.

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Holy crap at the
Scarecrow Battle!!! The stuff before too when Batman was opening the moving body bags and seeing his parents.....freaky stuff!!
:D :D

Im just slightly after what i spoilered above now. Do you have the opportunity to back to these older areas and look for the hidden stuff, or is there no way back once you advance the story? I find myself having a dilemna in areas as to whether to move on with the story or try to explore and find everything first. :lol

From previous page :p

shagg_187 said:
The answer you are looking for is "Yes".

Shit unlocks later on. Even if you miss out on the riddles, you can still backtrack at the end of the game.

In short, once you finish the game, you will have a chance to complete everything.

JRW

witness said:

Paper shuffles around and up in the air in the Mansion when walked over but I don't recall it happening in the beginning area of the game (360 version).

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
BTW...that little chime noise that plays just before Joker is about to talk over the PA system would make a great 'new txt message' sound for cellphones. :lol

Baker

Banned
JRW said:
Paper shuffles around and up in the air in the Mansion when walked over but I don't recall it happening in the beginning area of the game (360 version).
Yeah I didn't notice it until about half way through the game because it took me by surprise.

I wasn't actively looking for it though, so it could have happened earlier.

Dude Abides

Banned
The Bane fight
is whomping me (on hard). But it's not frustating and even kind of fun because I can tell it's my lack of skill in dispatching the adds quickly, not cheapness, that is my downfall.

Also, when do you
get the Batclaw?

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Thought my 360 got the red ring of death when I got gassed by Scarecrow again. The game restarted and the Joker was driving the Batmobile instaed of Batman. lol
I was WTF just happened!

This game continues to impress me like no game has in quite awhile. GOTY so far by a longshot.

Dave1988

Can I get any tips on how to get the mano-a-mano trophy? There's got to be a better way than to chip away at their health.

EDIT: Nevermind, already figured it out.

Dave1988 said:
Can I get any tips on how to get the mano-a-mano trophy? There's got to be a better way than to chip away at their health.
Punch, punch, jump over, punch, punch, jump over, punch, punch...
Keep in mind you have to do the two punches very fast as he swings back at you swiftly.

It's really not as hard as it looks. :p

Revolutionary said:
Keep in mind you have to do the two punches very fast as he swings back at you swiftly.

Also, if depending on where you are fighting, use the explosive gel and blow it when they run over it.

Baker

Banned
gamerecks said:
Also, if depending on where you are fighting, use the explosive gel and blow it when they run over it.
You can still get the mano achievement doing that?

nolookjones said:
yes this is incredibly annoying and really taints the game imo
WTF that's like the best part of challenge maps if you ask me.

Crag Dweller said:
Thought my 360 got the red ring of death when I got gassed by Scarecrow again. The game restarted and the Joker was driving the Batmobile instaed of Batman. lol
I was WTF just happened!

ya same with me...

painey

a question abot batman lore; does he really have the ability to see skeletons and follow tobacco smells in the air or did they just add it for the game?

stuminus3

painey said:
a question abot batman lore; does he really have the ability to see skeletons and follow tobacco smells in the air or did they just add it for the game?
Batman doesn't have any abilities, he's just a dude in a suit. :D

He's pretty high-tech, though.

painey said:
Yeah, he was bitten by a radioactive bat so he's got those extra senses - didn't ya know?

It's all in the cowl.

Dave1988

Revolutionary said:

That's the long way to do it. It's easier to let those numbskulls hit/ram each other and do a combo while one's stunned.

Top Bottom