• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

DrBo42

Buckethead said:
My only complaint about this game is they need to make Batman's dick bigger.

Someone at Eidos PR just wrote that down frantically on a coffee stained piece of paper. :lol

DrBo42 said:
Someone at Eidos PR just wrote that down frantically on a coffee stained piece of paper. :lol
:lol Seriously, same thing with wrestling games. I mean, wrestling it sorta makes since because they're all roiders, but if you're wearing skin tight outfits let's keep it realistic.

I don't want a 9 inch erect schlong, but I gotta think that I, baller ass Bruce Wayne don't have a tiny ass package when I be swoopin' down on suckas, ya herd?

Kittonwy

Banned
DrBo42 said:

Oh you THINK it's coffee.
Indifferent2.gif

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Lonestar said:
The first bit of that video is so out of left field, gameplay-wise, from what I imagined , and I highly recommend NOT watching it, because it'll ruin what looks like a coooooool scene/bit/experience.

Yea, listen to this man.

neojubei said:
Yea, listen to this man.
I haven't watched it, but I believe I've read a bit about it somewhere. All I can say is I'm glad they're going to be actively switching up the formula and pulling the rug from under our feet at every turn.

Pezking

OMG! My import dealer got the US-Version of the game in today - I should have it in the mail as soon as tomorrow! :D

Batman @ ACME

Not bad, considering the fact that I live in Germany... :lol

EzLink said:
Ah, yeah. And you would probably have it beaten before any of us even got it, so you'd already be done with your first time while all of us are delving in together :D

Yeah it's overrated getting games early. I managed to score a copy of infamous for rent a week in advance as the blockbuster near me broke the street date. It was exciting for the first couple of hours but then the novelty wears off.

Ephemeris

JRW said:
Initial ratings looking good:

Xbox World 360 Magazine UK 08/17/09 Review 95 out of 100

Game Informer 09/01/09 Review 9.5 out of 10

Games Master UK 09/01/09 Review 96 out of 100

Since some people forget where the Official thread is :p

RavenFox

Banned
Wow missed the grand opening. I'm very impressed with this thread. I give it 5 batarangs out of 5. Great job DrBo.

edit: Copied each section of the OP to make my own personal collectors edition to go with the game of forever.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Truth be told, this topic has a horrible name. The Title of the game at the middle/end of the line? When quick scanning the list of topics, it doesn't stand out easy. Now when looking for this topic, I have to look for Steroids.

Some of us are Old Fogeys, and our eyes aren't as good as they used to be.

Lonestar said:
Truth be told, this topic has a horrible name. The Title of the game at the middle/end of the line? When quick scanning the list of topics, it doesn't stand out easy. Now when looking for this topic, I have to look for Steroids.

Seriously. This is the second time I've said this. The title should be "The Official Batman: Arkham Asylum Thread of Steroids N Counters." The first few times I saw this thread I thought it was about some indie game called Steroids N Counters or something.

DrBo42

ToyMachine228 said:
The first few times I saw this thread I thought it was about some indie game called Steroids N Counters or something.
:lol I won't apologize for people's inability to read. I have requested a title change though, so we'll see what happens.

EzLink

Banned
I like the title DrBro! Made me lulz first time I read it.

I was going to cut out all demo play time until the release, but I think I'm just gonna tone it down to one playthrough a day. I'm addicted

7 DAYS REMAIN

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I almost thought I couldn't stand the wait. Thank God for LP2 demo tomorrow. By the time I'm done with this game will be out. ^.^

DrBo42

Wrath2X said:
Ask about the damn villains you fucks, ask them GameFaq fuckers about the rogue gallery.
Do you really need to know? We're one week away friend. *Does best Sean Connery impression* "Let it go, Junior."

wRATH2x

Banned
DrBo42 said:
Do you really need to know? We're one week away friend. *Does best Sean Connery impression* "Let it go, Junior."
YES! YES! YES!!!!!
I don't really care much about what villain comes after who, all I care about is that I'm Batman kicking ass. And I wanna who's ass is getting Batmans footprint!

DrBo42

Wrath2X said:
YES! YES! YES!!!!!
I don't really care much about what villain comes after who, all I care about is that I'm Batman kicking ass. And I wanna who's ass is getting Batmans footprint!
It'll be so much better if you're actually surprised though. I believe in you, you can hold out.

Sanjuro

For fans of the Toys R Us deals apparently if you pick it up launch day and you are a rewards member you will receive a $30 gift card until 2p.m. after that it is the $20 gift card for the first week.

Don't have source, but it has been mentioned on the CAG boards and not farfetched having participated in their great deals this year. Should have a ad in the next couple days.

Ephemeris

SanjuroTsubaki said:
For fans of the Toys R Us deals apparently if you pick it up launch day and you are a rewards member you will receive a $30 gift card until 2p.m. after that it is the $20 gift card for the first week.

Don't have source, but it has been mentioned on the CAG boards and not farfetched having participated in their great deals this year. Should have a ad in the next couple days.
Wtf?

ARG. Debate-Mode resumed.

When doing one of those glide kicks from a gargole to knock down an enemy has anyone tried holding RT while doing that? The camera changes to this cinematic view from the enemies point of view and you see batman swooping down. It looks awesome

witness

tehvampire said:
When doing one of those glide kicks from a gargole to knock down an enemy has anyone tried holding RT while doing that? The camera changes to this cinematic view from the enemies point of view and you see batman swooping down. It looks awesome

Holy shit, this demo is full of surprises. I'll have to try that tonight.

tehvampire said:

You fucker!!!! You absolute fucker!!!! How do I not know about this???!!!

I blame everyone but me.

*Runs off to play the demo another 20 times*

Joei

TheBranca18 said:
I liked the demo a lot but I don't think right now I can afford to pay 60 bucks for the game.

If you go to Amazon and use 5OFFARKM as the promo code, you should be able to get it for 48 and change (no tax/free shipping). You just won't get it for up to a week after it's officially released.

On that note, I really, really can't wait till this comes out and it's going to be a pain watching you all enjoy it a week before I can (I won't get it till around the 31st because of shipping). I've played the demo a few times, but I want more!!

Hmm... looking at the TRU deal though.... hmmm... I was planning on getting Metroid Trilogy as well. I could get Batman: AA for 60+tax, and Metroid for 30+ tax.... hmmm..... but then I won't get the Metroid T-shirt I'm getting from getting from Gamestop... Oy, decisions, decisions.....

EzLink

Banned
tehvampire said:

Daaaamn, time to play through the demo again

Ephemeris

LabouredSubterfuge said:
You fucker!!!! You absolute fucker!!!! How do I not know about this???!!!

I blame everyone but me.

*Runs off to play the demo another 20 times*
This x 1,000,000.

PS3. BOOT.

Edit: Was pretty neat. :D

Dave1988

tehvampire said:

Time to check this out.

What's everybody's hi-score in the demo? I got 2460.

Joei said:
If you go to Amazon and use 5OFFARKM as the promo code, you should be able to get it for 48 and change (no tax/free shipping). You just won't get it for up to a week after it's officially released.

On that note, I really, really can't wait till this comes out and it's going to be a pain watching you all enjoy it a week before I can (I won't get it till around the 31st because of shipping). I've played the demo a few times, but I want more!!

Hmm... looking at the TRU deal though.... hmmm... I was planning on getting Metroid Trilogy as well. I could get Batman: AA for 60+tax, and Metroid for 30+ tax.... hmmm..... but then I won't get the Metroid T-shirt I'm getting from getting from Gamestop... Oy, decisions, decisions.....

Code didn't work for me.

Edit: Wasn't aware I had to cancel my preorder then re preorder and enter code to get it to work. It does work. Total is 51.83 for me because of tax and release date delivery. Plus 10% off for ECA membership. Thanks for saving me an extra $5.

Taurus

Wow, just saw this thread. Well made OP there!

I haven't reserved this yet but the demo got me so hyped! :D DAY 1!

RBH

SanjuroTsubaki said:

Looks like I may be getting Batman from Toys R Us then. :)

Top Bottom