• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

Sean

Banned
Papercuts said:
You need to figure out the spirit of arkham's identity.

TTP said:
Penitentiary - Scan the floor in the room Warden was imprisoned.

thanks, got it now. all i've got left is to beat it on hard and finish all the challenge room stuff. probably easier said than done :lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
uh , guys with CE , you can remove the batarange from the stand .

3874365100_dbe66144cb_o.jpg

3873578165_4ffb783078_o.jpg

yeah .

Ephemeris

Hmm, heading to the gardens
to fight ivy
and I can't earn anymore XP?

Edit: I assume it's because I can buy all the upgrades?

Kuraudo

Banned
I completed the game. Enjoyed it for the most part, but there were a couple of crappy gameplay choices toward the end that pulled the experience down for me (
Croc section and the final boss fight
). Story was an absolute mess too. Is that what superhero comics are like these days?

Still, great game for the most part. Dying during the
Ivy
fight made up for alot of its shortcomings :lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
memecomplex said:
How'd you do it? Mine feels glued on. There's no give at all.

well there is a little amount of glue but it's not strong at all .

just use a flathead screwdriver , put it in the hole on the stand to lose the Batarange from the stand , and then push it out .

Totobeni said:
well there is a little amount of glue but it's not strong at all .

just use a flathead screwdriver , put it in the hole on the stand to lose the Batarange from the stand , and then push it out .

Thanks!

R0nn

I'm currently at
Croc's Lair
and hear much complaining about it, but I actually like it, since it's so incredibly tense.
It takes way too long to get to the other side though, I give it that.

Ok, i've completed the game and done 239 of Riddlers 240 challenges - last one left, destroy 20 Joker Teeth in the Arkham Mansion. One problem, I can't find any - do they respawn at all? Because i've walked every inch of the place and there isn't a single set anywhere to be found - please tell me I don't have to start all over just because of 3 freaking Joker Teeth :(

EekTheKat

Bootaaay said:
Ok, i've completed the game and done 239 of Riddlers 240 challenges - last one left, destroy 20 Joker Teeth in the Arkham Mansion. One problem, I can't find any - do they respawn at all? Because i've walked every inch of the place and there isn't a single set anywhere to be found - please tell me I don't have to start all over just because of 3 freaking Joker Teeth :(

Missing teeth location in Mansion, most of the time it's the ones located here :

Warden's office, look up for a balcony you can grapple onto

I couldn't find this until I turned my speakers up so I could hear the teeth chattering clearly.

I just completed the Riddler's riddles and challenges. Strangely I almost enjoyed the riddles more than the actual game itself; the riddles are nice touches to the Batman universe and show the developer's appreciation of the Batman characters. Going through them make me appreciate the game design much, much more.

As with the teeth, I don't know if anybody has the similar experience, but mine was that the game was pretty much set up to help you get those. What I mean is you always start with one or two as you are going around the area searching for trophies or answers, and everytime you solve something and you go through a different door (often the logical next destination), the teeth are there for you to knock out. Realizing this lessened my anxiety much, much more.

This game actually reminds me of Batman Begins---first try and very focused in terms of what it tries to accomplish. If there is a sequel, please be like the Dark Knight---escalation, bigger and badder in terms of everything!

p.s.
please punch Scarecrow in the motherfucking face next time

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Sprayed explosive gel underneath a gargoyal. Waited for a goon to come by. Did a inverted takedown. Used him as the bait to attract the other goons. They all gather beneath him. Trigger the explosive gel. Cum in my pants. Happy. ^.^

Double D

Beat it yesterday. Went from feeling pretty 'meh' about it to absolutely loving it. I was scoffing at all of you people claiming GOTY last week, but I'm jumping on that bandwagon now. It's at least a top contender.

The challenge rooms aren't shit either. I was pleasantly surprised to find such a timesink there. I can see the DLC being pretty awesome if they handle it correctly.

As far as the teeth go, you have to get 20 in every building? I thought my game was borked until I read the last couple pages here. I though the counter kept re-setting, but it makes sense now.

Dave1988

Saya said:
How do you do the "mind your head" takedown in the silent knight challenge? I can't figure that one out.

Press select. Every Medal requirement is explained in-game. For this you have to hit a guy in the head with a batarang then immediately afterwards do a takedown on him.

Jinjo

My cousin showed this to me yesterday and I was amazed by it. As soon as he left I immediately went to the store to pick this up. :lol Good times await.

fistfulofmetal said:
Croc's lair was alright, but it dragged. Should have only had to
collect like 3 samples instead of 6.
I liked how it concluded though.

That was another thing where the loading failure screen gave away WAY too much.

:(

Saya

Dave1988 said:
Press select. Every Medal requirement is explained in-game. For this you have to hit a guy in the head with a batarang then immediately afterwards do a takedown on him.

Thanks! I didn't know that. That will help a lot!

I finished the main story earlier today. Now just going through for riddles and collectables, plus some fun in the challenge mode.

I really had fun with it. The gadgets were all well done, and the combat was really smooth. Perfecting a combo just feels really good in the game. Although one of the reasons the combat is so smooth is because there really aren't any enemy types in the game to throw it for a loop. It's basically thugs, big thugs, crazy thugs, skeleton thugs, and gun thugs. Not a minus on the game as that is the majority of what batman beats up. haha

I remember reading a comment about how the new equipment and major upgrades were handled.
thought it was really clever using the batmobile, batcave, and especially batjet to give him new stuff.
Great example of the detail this game packs.

Challenges really are a blast and this might be a game I will 100%. Gonna at least give it a shot.

Double D

Nose Master said:
Haven't played a game this polished in a while. Seems like the creators had a fucking blast making it :D.

PS:
The fucking batjet flies through a wall just to drop off a gun? Really?

They're just getting ahead of themselves. The inevitable gotham city based sequel should make good use of the vehicles.

MiamiWesker said:
I think I got 34 seconds on that. What i did was immediately run out of that roofed area you start in and shoot up to the ledge that was above you, jump over and there should be a guard walking right in front of you, use him to get the silent takedown. Next I immediately threw a sonic batarang (hit him so it explodes) at the guy across the hall standing in front of the explodable wall, as that is in the air, hook up to the roof next to you (the one with the explodable piece). There should be a guard walking out of the roofed area, hit him with a batarang, jump down and takedown. Immediately shoot up to the top of the wall in front of you, its the wall that separates that area from the small room with the explodable wall. Jump down into that small room and place the gel on the wall, all the other guards should be in front of it examining the dude you hit with the sonic batarang, boom. Level over.

And I was happy with my 53.39 seconds. You have any more tactics for the other challenges?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Found the last Joker teeth for Arkham West I needed.

Spoilers, for people that want to find them themselves, obviously.

When they mean "Arkham West/East" they mean (all the way over the gates blocking the path to the end of the door. My dumb ass figured the "Arkham East" popping up meant I was in East and the teeth wouldn't count. Nope, they do. Thank god! Now I just have Arkham East and the areas on the East End of the island to finish and I have the Riddler's stuff done! w00t. :lol

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Got all the teeth, solved the riddles and 100%d the Story. :D

I've moved on the challenges now and really love them. The Joker DLC too is surprisingly different- not having the ability to grapple the gargoyles make the predator rounds a lot harder.

painey

I'm a bit gutted the challenge maps are so hard, its stopping me from ever getting 100%. Ho hum. I think I will trade it in tomorrow towards Beatles Rock Band

Is there any way to see the top scores for a challenge map once you've uploaded yours? All I seem to be able to do is see the people around me, and my friends.

And how the hell are people getting 20-40 seconds on the predator maps? That's crazy talk!

Level 8 Boss said:
And I was happy with my 53.39 seconds. You have any more tactics for the other challenges?

Well yeah I am nearly tops in all of them, but I need to keep some secrets. :p

What do you want to know?

Papercuts said:
Haha, holy crap. And now that you mention it, maybe it is possible without the vent. If you went right up the ladder, grapple up, gel the roof, line shot across, gel the wall, grapple up, then throw a sonic batarang down where that goes(if you can see it), then grapple across and gel it...I might actually have to try it like this, I'm just thinking in theory. Still though, I don't know an easier way to kick someone through a window, I used a sonic batarang for that too, and it takes too long to recharge a second one in that timespan.

Edit: Uhhh, kinda works? At 43 seconds I would've been able to do it, but 2 guards are walking over it, maybe need to do a different order. Either way, the first guy is only at 48 seconds, I seriously don't see how that is possible.

OMG I am such an idiot, it never occured to me to use the line shot to get across the room quickly. Maybe with something that fast it may work. As for breaking the glass, after you explode the three bombs someone should notice the body in the room with the glass, just do it on him.

Kolgar

How did this awesome game escape my attention?

Saw a friend playing the demo on Live the other night. Decided to try it myself.

ZOMG. Opening scene with the rain on the statues, I'm thinking, "this looks good." By the end of the intro, I know this is something special. Combat begins; I'm falling in love.

By the time Harley Quinn made her first curvaceous appearance, I was talking out loud to myself. "This is SO bought."

I hastened through the rest of the demo so I could run out and buy this game.

Played for several hours yesterday, and so far, I'm enjoying this as much as Bioshock and the old Riddick. I'm even getting a bit of a Manhunt vibe from the constant Joker transmissions and the gritty atmosphere.

So far, this is my favorite game this year, without question!

I just had the two
dreams with Scarecrow, my God that was awesome! Especially the second one with child Bruce
... I love this game, but the lack of some sort of co-op/multiplayer is a shame. Also since they've obviously already got the
Scarecrow (in the dreams batman turns into the model several times)
character model, I'm guessing it'll be a download for the challenge rooms.

For all the bitching about
Killer Crocs Lair
I thought that segment was different enough, not very long, and unique. I liked it. Don't get the complaints about it going on too long. So five minutes is too long? Geesus people.

painey

slasher_thrasher21 said:
For all the bitching about
Killer Crocs Lair
I thought that segment was different enough, not very long, and unique. I liked it. Don't get the complaints about it going on too long. So five minutes is too long? Geesus people.

it was too long because it was out of ideas after 30 seconds. if they had mixed it up or made it more interesting instead of rinse and repeat then it wouldn't have dragged as much.

kilongs

Nose Master said:
Haven't played a game this polished in a while. Seems like the creators had a fucking blast making it :D.

PS:
The fucking batjet flies through a wall just to drop off a gun? Really?

:lol My brother and I had a good laugh at that part. It was so over the top and completely unnecessary.
At first I thought Batman was gonna do something cool with the Batwing, but no, it just spits out this little pod thats holding the zip line gun.

painey said:
it was too long because it was out of ideas after 30 seconds. if they had mixed it up or made it more interesting instead of rinse and repeat then it wouldn't have dragged as much.

But it doesn't drag on THAT long. I mean if it was a 15-20 minunte segment, sure, that would suck. But your telling me a 5 minute segment needs to be mixed up? It was like 5 minutes long... maybe a few minutes longer but really.. are you telling me you need max stimulation in a 5 minunte time span? Just seems a.d.d. like. It was a unique idea, that happens once, and then its over, but hey whatever floats your boat.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Did anyone elses intro have random odd pauses while the building was being panned, up until batmans car comes driving by? It was almost like clockwork...while it was playing, the video would pause every 5-6 seconds or so, then resume.

Ive had no issues at all in the 8 hours or so playing the actual game, but i was wondering if anyone else saw what i did....

Saya

So what villains would you like to see in the sequel (and let's hope there will be one!)

How about this?

Main villain: Two-Face

Sub villains: Mad Hatter, Rha's Al Ghul, Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, Clayface, Ventriloquist and the Joker again in some form ofcourse. :D

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Did anyone elses intro have random odd pauses while the building was being panned, up until batmans car comes driving by? It was almost like clockwork...while it was playing, the video would pause every 5-6 seconds or so, then resume.

Ive had no issues at all in the 8 hours or so playing the actual game, but i was wondering if anyone else saw what i did....

For what it's worth, I did.

Edit: Also, why in the feck am I not able to access these supposed movies from the XMB? Is it CE only? Not available in the UK?

Top Bottom