• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

Ephemeris

JSnake said:
bat_thing792.jpg

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Almost done with hard. The only challenging parts so far were the
titan + baddies fights. I had to redo the one in the small room a bunch of times and now I'm stuck on the pre-Joker one. There's so much stuff going on and you have to get really good at fighting goons while looking out for rushing titans.

I expected the second phase of Poison Ivy to be the toughest part in the game, but it was actually easy once I realized that throwing batarangs all the time is the key to success. I just ignored the guards, dodged and LT'd like a madman. She switches phases after receiving enough damage, so it's really the fastest and best way to go.

Minamu

Valkyr Junkie: Yeah I know ^^ I was in the middle of a conversation when that pop up came up so I missed what it said. But I caught it on hard today. And some kinda major things got spoiled for me in here
(like the scarecrow errors)
unfortunately.

I would just like to say that house hold itemms are very close to being defenstrated on account of my inability to do Shock and cunting Awe. So. Fucking. Irritating.

*Brutal takedowns the nearest magazine rack*

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
LabouredSubterfuge said:
I would just like to say that house hold itemms are very close to being defenstrated on account of my inability to do Shock and cunting Awe. So. Fucking. Irritating.

*Brutal takedowns the nearest magazine rack*

*Misses*

*Combo breaks*

Fixed. :p

Montresor

Man fuck Shock and Awe Extreme. I could get the three-star if I could actually finish the fourth round on time. Jeez... time runs out before I've even taken care of half those assholes.

That's seriously all I need to get 100% and 1000/1000. I still haven't three-starred Rumble Jungle Extreme, but that one is easy IMO, shouldn't take too long (already two-starred it).

Papercuts

That one is kinda weird, you just pop out of the vent and hit Y for the silent takedown, but it looks just like a normal one. Just make sure he's nearby so you don't have to walk forward much if at all.

Montresor

Papercuts said:
That one is kinda weird, you just pop out of the vent and hit Y for the silent takedown, but it looks just like a normal one. Just make sure he's nearby so you don't have to walk forward much if at all.

I'm sure the game is pretty forgiving when it comes to this predator objective. I've never had to wait for the right moment... as long as a guy has walked past my grate, I can pop up, hold RT, silently walk towards him, and push Y for the credit.

Prine

Banned
Hmm the more i play the more im in awe of the polish and execution of the story. How they've managed to weave the characters and gameplay elements together is mind blowing. Everything is just so tight.

WTF Rocksteady, you dont put out games of this quality so easy. AA is fast becoming my game of the generation.

Just bumped into miss Ivy.

Downhome

nourali2 said:
I'm sure the game is pretty forgiving when it comes to this predator objective. I've never had to wait for the right moment... as long as a guy has walked past my grate, I can pop up, hold RT, silently walk towards him, and push Y for the credit.

Ugh, got it. I was expecting it to be something much more, ummm, formal I suppose. :lol

Minamu

For some reason, Shock & Awe extreme was one of the easier ones for me o_O The time limit wasn't really a problem since you pretty much need to get a perfect round to complete the score target on every map anyway. Sure, the floor killed me quite a few times because I wasn't fast enough, but had I been fast enough without a great combo going at the same time, it wouldn't really have mattered much anyway. And if you finish the last guy while the timer is at 0:00, it's not game over. You have an additional 2-4 seconds I believe. Getting the slowmo view of a ground takedown on the last guy while hearing the electric floor crackling is awesome :D Not noticing enemies running for the machine guns though, that's a pain :(

Also, I'd suggest abusing the auto takedown attack obviously. Especially on knife dudes since regular enemies don't pick up their weapons for some reason. I'd prioritize those guys first. Too bad you aren't immune to gunfire & titans with the auto takedown :(

JB1981

Finally got an elite and was able to do a direct comparison of the 360/PS3 versions of this game I gotta say, the 360 version really does look markedly better. It has AA where the PS3 doesn't and it also makes use of subtle but effective motion blur in certain instances. The PS3 port is a good effort but the game has a level of polish and visual fidelity that is simply missing on the PS3.

I think it's time to stop trusting videogame comparison sites. Lens of Truth gave the edge to the PS3 version and I'll never understand that. Oh well .....

Red

JB1981 said:
Finally got an elite and was able to do a direct comparison of the 360/PS3 versions of this game I gotta say, the 360 version really does look markedly better. It has AA where the PS3 doesn't and it also makes use of subtle but effective motion blur in certain instances. The PS3 port is a good effort but the game has a level of polish and visual fidelity that is simply missing on the PS3.
Now to wait for someone to quote your tag.

Papercuts

nourali2 said:

Really? Haha, didn't think it would count that.

I just got to the part where
Your fighting a giant scarecrow
and I have to say this game really is blowing me away. I didn't think I could be surprised anymore when I started playing something because of how saturated we are with every game right up till its release but this game somehow managed to catch me completely off guard. Everything about it is so damn polished and genuinely fun. The presentation and art direction actually reminds me a lot of Bioshock in some areas which I am sure is half UE3 and half Art Direction. The game looks superb though some of the random people you come to along the way suffer from a bit of Clayface syndrome.
ha

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
RoboPlato said:
Finished the game last night. What an awesome experience.

I will have to agree. I might just buy this game on the 360 just to support the developer and play through the game again. However I am on my second playthough on the PS3 right now.

neojubei said:
I will have to agree. I might just buy this game on the 360 just to support the developer and play through the game again. However I am on my second playthough on the PS3 right now.

Seeing how well its selling I don't think you need to feel the pressure to double dip.

beat it just now, loved the game but felt kinda let down by the ending. 75% of the riddler challenges completed. I cannot not for the life of me get a combo of 40 for the achievement. On average got to 25 but made it to 35 once.

have we determined what you have to do to get the 3 different endings?

Hyunkel6

Just beat the game at 91%. I was expecting more from the bosses in the game, but whatever. It's still GOTY so far for me.

In the end, I found myself liking more the combat than the stealth parts, which is weird, since I originally bought the game mainly for its stealth elements.

I hope the free DLC is a mini-expansion to the story.
Believe.

outsidah

awilliams213 said:
Just finished the game fantastic, first time in a while I am hyped to replay it.

Agree. I'm ready to bash some more baddies.

I loved the part where the PS3 looks like its crashing but its really Scarecrow... niceeeeee touch.

Ephemeris

Gryphter said:
beat it just now, loved the game but felt kinda let down by the ending. 75% of the riddler challenges completed. I cannot not for the life of me get a combo of 40 for the achievement. On average got to 25 but made it to 35 once.

have we determined what you have to do to get the 3 different endings?
If your will and sanity was broken and you started thinking the game didn't deserve a 9, you got Scarecrow.

If your combo skill wasn't high enough and you were easily broken, Bane.

If you ate your enemies alive and beasted in the challenge rooms you should get Croc.

Or so I believe.
batman.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Is it just me, or just Batman grow a 5 o' clock shadow as the night goes on? He looks extra scruffy by the end.

Top Bottom