• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

Papercuts said:
To me it was the hardest map, but just because I found it hard to finish. Score was never really an issue there.

I will see when it's unlocked :)

The fighting challenges are like a drug to me. Can play for hours and it does not get boring. Challenging and a little frustrating at times? YES!

MMaRsu

GQman2121 said:
For those who have beaten the game:
When you enter the Party Joker mentions that you fed Scarecrow to Croc, implying that he's dead. I don't recall that happening when I played. After the third encounter with Scarecrow he just disappeared. So what's the deal with that; just Joker talking out of his ass or what?

Uhh you don't remember the cutscene where Scarecrow shows up in Croc's lair and Croc eats him? Or something to that effect anyway

Red

GQman2121 said:
For those who have beaten the game:
When you enter the Party Joker mentions that you fed Scarecrow to Croc, implying that he's dead. I don't recall that happening when I played. After the third encounter with Scarecrow he just disappeared. So what's the deal with that; just Joker talking out of his ass or what?
Did you miss the scene where
he beats you to Croc's lair, threatens to pour his toxin into the water supply, and then gets tackled by Croc and drug underwater?

mattso

MMaRsu said:
Uhh you don't remember the cutscene where Scarecrow shows up in Croc's lair and Croc eats him? Or something to that effect anyway
Scarecrow is one of the 3 you get in the ending randomly. So.. pretty doubtful he was dinner.

GQman2121

Banned
Crunched said:
Did you miss the scene where
he beats you to Croc's lair, threatens to pour his toxin into the water supply, and then gets tackled by Croc and drug underwater?

Oh, I do remember that. :p

That's what I get for beating the game at four in the morning. Cheers.

GQman2121

Banned
DihcarEM said:
I finished it on hard and then went back to search for more then half of the riddles. I still found Ra.

I'm going to assume that it doesn't disappear until after you've solved the riddle.

Red

GQman2121 said:
Oh, I do remember that. :p

That's what I get for beating the game at four in the morning. Cheers.
I was going to say- that scene is pretty crucial. Not sure how you could miss it :lol

Sleep has its benefits.

My brother got this.. my god it's both a B:TAS & comic fanservice haven. I mean we have both Hamill & Conroy which makes my nostalgia bone tickle.. but we have bane snapping you in 2 pieces.

I love it. It's taken one of the most in depth cartoons, comic culture & and the goddamn batman.

comic game GoTY

wolverine can't compare, even if he's my favourite comic book character.

MMaRsu

mattso said:
Scarecrow is one of the 3 you get in the ending randomly. So.. pretty doubtful he was dinner.

I got that ending myself but I still saw that cutscene.

Stantron

The PS3 version has a making of documentary and several trailers available to watch from the video menu in the XMB. Cool beans. More games should fill the BluRay with stuff like this.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Combat challenges are so hard... I've been practicing quite a bit, but I still only managed to get two 3* rankings so far. I didn't know ground takedowns at the end of a combo added so much, will try that sometime. Problem is that I can't seem to string together very long combos often. Rooms with brick tossers out of nowhere add to the frustration. Maybe I'll cut back on trying to add variation into the combos and just focus on the basic moves.

I'm determined to see this through til the end though, game is too awesome to not get 100% on.

Got the platinum!:D Predator challenges aren't THAT easy. It took me hours (all the levels) to study their movements, what to use and when to use it, but it is definitely more fun then combat. Those challenges really cramped out my hands. :lol

Such a great game. its a shame this will be over shadowed for GOTY, but as a huge batman fan they hit a grand slam. Is a sequel confirmed? I can't wait to see what they do next.:D

crops55

I was playing Sewer Bat Extreme earlier today and noticed Joker's voice would cut out here and there. I could still hear his voice but couldn't make out what he was saying. I believe it was isolated to maybe two of his samples as other times it was crystal clear. Anyone else experience something similar? I have a 5.1 setup and ran a test that showed all 5 speakers were working correctly. I remember something similar happening in R&C:Quest for Booty where some dialog would fall almost completely silent. Hope it's not my setup because I really can't afford to upgrade at the moment.

Cipher

Darunia said:
Combat challenges are so hard... I've been practicing quite a bit, but I still only managed to get two 3* rankings so far. I didn't know ground takedowns at the end of a combo added so much, will try that sometime. Problem is that I can't seem to string together very long combos often. Rooms with brick tossers out of nowhere add to the frustration. Maybe I'll cut back on trying to add variation into the combos and just focus on the basic moves.

I'm determined to see this through til the end though, game is too awesome to not get 100% on.

Try the Y+B takedowns instead of the ground pounds. I also recommend using the batclaw at the start of the match to help spread them out and get that move out of the way for your variation bonus. Just be careful, sometimes a guy you didn't get with the batclaw will run up to you right away as the three guys come stumbling towards you.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hard...beaten. It really wasn't too tough, the 2nd to last part took a couple tries but nothing ever felt impossible. Now I'm at 91% and the only trophies I need are for the highest tier challenge ones. This won't be easy. The game has been out barely a week and I've almost 100 percented and platinumed it, that's a first.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I struggle there too. Lay down some explosive gel before it starts, that will help thin out thd crowd. Also, he takes alot of damage just from hitting the wall post-batarang so don't bother moving in to attack until his health bars are low enough that you can rip his tubes out, doing that will keep from taking damage from him or the thugs as they crowd you.

Neiteio

Still waiting for somebody to tell me what all the 3D models are. :(

Also, would anyone else like some of the upcoming DLC to be additional Scarecrow sections? Maybe a couple good mindfucks and stealth sections framed by the story of how Batman arrested Scarecrow prior to the main game?

Damn... I know how far away I am from the end, and it sucks because this game is that good.

Can't say enough about how awesome it is. Just end to end awesome.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just out of curiosity...does anyone here dislike this game? As far as I have seen, gaffers have been unanimously positive towards it.

Montresor

Yes yes yes! Got 1000/1000! :D :D :D I had 33,000 points entering the fourth round of Shock And Awe Extreme... all I needed to do was just finish the round on time and I'd have that challenge taken care of.

After that, I just needed to ugrade Rumble in The Jungle Extreme from two stars to three stars. It only took a couple of tries. :D :D

2dt3imr.jpg

crops55

crops55 said:
I was playing Sewer Bat Extreme earlier today and noticed Joker's voice would cut out here and there. I could still hear his voice but couldn't make out what he was saying. I believe it was isolated to maybe two of his samples as other times it was crystal clear. Anyone else experience something similar? I have a 5.1 setup and ran a test that showed all 5 speakers were working correctly.

Anyone?

Jhoan

Shake Appeal said:
For some reason a lot of people seem to miss
the three in the attic above the warden's office.

Thanks man, EDIT: Found them in that exact location, and I got the two in the
elevator shaft, I needed to use the ultra batclaw to bring down a wall for the Arkham's Chronicle and the trophy was in a vent across a gap, now I only need one more Arkham's Chronicle and I'll be done
. Speaking the ending I got
Bane too. The project Titan box that he was holding on to seems to be implying that there may be sequel (on top of all the copies it sold) or so I think.
Again, I appreciate it.

Sean

Banned
burgerdog said:
Fuuuck. Been stuck on bane for one hour on hard.

I was doing that fight last night on hard just before going to bed, and although I didn't beat him yet I came really close. My tip is to ignore the thugs completely (or as much as possible).

Keep running the entire time, you can jump over their heads etc. The thugs don't seem to attack you until you stand still for a second, so if you run around them in circles the whole time and just focus on using the batarang on Bane when he charges then you'll be in pretty good shape.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Snuggler said:
Just out of curiosity...does anyone here dislike this game? As far as I have seen, gaffers have been unanimously positive towards it.

Some people in the demo thread, thought the demo was boring.

I know we don't want to contribute to the machine but anyone else missing some marketplace Batman items? I don't care if it's gamerpics\themes....I wouldn't even mind some avatar item I might buy. Yes I am currently rocking the free one.

iratA

ok so the media blackout has paid off for me on this one. I'm about 8 hours in and this game is just insane (no pun intended). Loving the fluid animations of Batman himself. I mean seriously how much work must have gone into those animations alone is just mindblowing. It just feels so polished too, you can see that a lot of love went into this. I'm sorry to say but Infamous just took a massive backseat for me.

Lothars

Snuggler said:

I don't know if anyone really dislikes the game but I do think it's getting over praised and will have a backlash eventually but I guess we will see what happens.

Rrrg, I've only got two Riddler Challenges left but I don't remember how to get to them!

They're in the caves, more specifically the pump control rooms, in two rooms that intersect with the main hall where you fight some goons and a Titan. When I tried to get there the way I went in, there's an electric barrier blocking the entrance. I don't remember how I got out of there, can anyone help?

EDIT: It's the Pressure Control Junction in the caves. There's an exit point on the map that says "Arkham Island, West" but I don't remember where that outlet is!

EDIT #2: Nevermind, I'm stupid. Never noticed the power cables running back past the doorway... found the security control to override the electric barriers.

Red

lothars said:
I don't know if anyone really dislikes the game but I do think it's getting over praised and will have a backlash eventually but I guess we will see what happens.
Soothsayer!
CurlySaysX said:
Does this game get better? I am 2% complete and have very little motivation to go any further.

iratA

CurlySaysX said:
Does this game get better? I am 2% complete and have very little motivation to go any further.

If the basic fighting mechanics and general art style don't grip you, then yeah there's probably not much point in going on, because those things aren't going to change. But 2% geez your going to be missing out on some great moments if you give up now. Its one of those games that really does get better and better the further you get into it.

comrade said:
No. Sell your copy.

Thanks for your honest reply. Will trade in ASAP.

If the basic fighting mechanics and general art style don't grip you, then yeah there's probably not much point in going on, because those things aren't going to change. But 2% geez your going to be missing out on some great moments if you give up now. Its one of those games that really does get better and better the further you get into it.
The Art style is great , but found the gameplay dull so I turned it off and played something else.

CurlySaysX said:

Christ, 2%? That's not even at the part where
Joker releases his first, super-powered goon
. Did you even get any upgrades yet?

The answer to your question is yes; it gets better.

Kard8p3

So are the combat challenge rooms intentionally made to be frustrating? I don't see how I'm supposed to get some of these scores. The knife and stun rod dudes always screw me over. Twice now I've attacked a dude that was a few feet away from a stun rod dude but right when I punch him we like glitch over beside the stun rod and my combo gets broken. Then the knife dudes always become unstunned right when I attack them. I'll stun them with my cape and then for whatever reason right after they become unstunned and there goes my combo. It's frustrating knowing that I'll probably never get 100% because these combat challenge rooms are so frustrating and cheap.

This has no effect on my love of the game though as it's still my favorite game this year. Even with the last boss being somewhat of a miss I still like the situation at the end. The last boss wasn't anymore disappointing to me than RE4's last boss.

Top Bottom