• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
BeeDog said:
:( I just got past that area yesterday and finished the game. Any way to get back to it in some way?

Unfortunately, once you've beat the game they're gone. :(

BeeDog

hamchan said:
Nope, you have to play through the whole game again. As long as you get the party pooper achievement you have no reason to go back. Just play some extreme combat challenges to get the 40x combo.

Oh, alright, I did get that one. Any particular extreme challenge one should try (that hopefully doesn't involve knife dudes/titans)?

deepbrown

BeeDog said:
Oh, alright, I did get that one. Any particular extreme challenge one should try (that hopefully doesn't involve knife dudes/titans)?
I think titans are the easiest place to get the 40x...especially when there's two. You can just beat up one, jump on him, beat up the other etc etc...

I got to 36 combo doing this...but then failed :(

BeeDog

deepbrown said:
Please. Where is the last set of teeth in the Arkym Mansion? I've searched everywhere I can think of :(

Try checking the second floor of the Warden's Office. There are (/were?) two teeth there, but there is also one very hidden toy inbetween all the cabinets (very hard to see).

hamchan

BeeDog said:
Try checking the second floor of the Warden's Office. There are (/were?) two teeth there, but there is also one very hidden toy inbetween all the cabinets (very hard to see).
This! A set of three teeth is hidden on the second floor of the wardens office, which I didn't even knew existed, and led to me running around for an hour.

deepbrown

hamchan said:
This! A set of three teeth is hidden on the second floor of the wardens office, which I didn't even knew existed, and led to me running around for an hour.
OK thanks! I'll give that a go. It's the last thing I need. Oh and the last Arkym files....it says there aren't any left...but there's one blank space. Do i get that when i get all others?

Aske

deepbrown said:
OK thanks! I'll give that a go. It's the last thing I need. Oh and the last Arkym files....it says there aren't any left...but there's one blank space. Do i get that when i get all others?

You have to figured out who the Spirit of Arkham is, then you'll fill that blank space.

deepbrown

Mr. Durden said:
Yeah but nothing really announced yet? Hmm too bad.

PS: You can edit posts... no need for triple posting
Lol i didn't mean to...I was actually posting quite slowly. Usually there would have been a bunch of posts inbetween...but I guess people aren't up yet.

Aske said:
You have to figured out who the Spirit of Arkham is, then you'll fill that blank space.

OK, I know who it is...but how do I tell the game I know? lol

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
S&A extreme is pure HELL. Why does the 4th round have to be exponentionally harder than the first 3. I have made it to the last round with 30k+ multiple times, but of course there I screw up royally. If your first instant takedowns are regular guys instead of knife/baton fools, you might as well forget it.

Of course, ironically, the 2 times I've made it to the very end, my score was 28k.

My problem is probably that I vault too damn much. Over the challenges I've picked up the habit to vault every 2 hits to keep the combo going. It's coming back to bite me in the ass now, since it eats up too much time

K' Dash

Ok, I've given up on the challenges, GREAT game but challenge rooms are SO DAMN FRUSTRATING, I'll enjoy the story one more time and wait for the DLC, if it is more challenges, I'll be playing The Beatles Rock Band instead.

If you're already at 30K, might it be worth taking the hits on a few ground pounds just to get the guys out of the way? A trible batarang/batclaw puts three guys on the floor straight away. Otherwise just avoid mixing up the combo too much: stay on the ground, use counters/cape stuns instead of evades, and get the instant every five hits.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Whew, finally beat it on hard. I ran into a funky glitch during the
big battle before the Joker where both Titans stopped in place. One kept spinning in circles swinging and the other just rotated around waiting to smack me to death if I came close. I had to restart, and of course then it took me a while to do that well again.

Finished the story last night and am nearly done with the Riddler challenges. Even though the ending sequence is a bit uneven, this is definitely one of the best games of the current console generation and quite possibly the best superhero game ever made. Every element of the game is high quality, the attention to detail is staggering. Rocksteady deserves a ridiculous amount of respect for the credibility they finally brought to the Batman license in video games and for showing other developers the right way to do it. This game was a fantastic surprise.

Cheech

Has anyone else gotten a corrupted save? I'm usually careful about hitting start, then quitting out of my session, THEN turning the XBox off. This time, though, I just waited for the little "circle save" to finish, shut the Xbox off, and BAM. My save showed up as corrupted the next time I fired it up.

Sucks, because I was almost done with the game. However, I'm really not minding going through it again. I do need to figure out how to detonate the walls that are like halfway up a wall, though. I'm sure there's an easy way to do it.

BeeDog

Yay, got the 40x combo trophy on Sewer Bat (Extreme); simply avoided doing any instant knockdowns, and only countered and used critical strikes to boost the combo.

I don't think I'll ever get the platinum for this game, the combat challenges are simply too hard (feels like that right now); the predator challenges aren't easy either, but they're too damn fun to pass up.

No45

witness said:
Well I hit the frustration wall with this game today. I can't get past
Bane
on hard
I can't emphasis enough how important it is on that fight to be patient when on hard. I failed about twenty times; each time because I thought I'd try and get more hits in than I had the time for. Don't get close to him each time until he's ready to be approached up close (
You will rip the pipes off when you get him to each separate third of health
); and always be aware of where he is and what's around you.

After that point I haven't struggled with much at all on hard (Showing 54% complete, heading towards
Killer Croc
now). In fact if anything that fight drills the fundamentals of the combat into you nicely.

GQman2121

Banned
Darunia said:
S&A extreme is pure HELL. Why does the 4th round have to be exponentionally harder than the first 3. I have made it to the last round with 30k+ multiple times, but of course there I screw up royally. If your first instant takedowns are regular guys instead of knife/baton fools, you might as well forget it.

Of course, ironically, the 2 times I've made it to the very end, my score was 28k.

My problem is probably that I vault too damn much. Over the challenges I've picked up the habit to vault every 2 hits to keep the combo going. It's coming back to bite me in the ass now, since it eats up too much time

I batclaw, batclaw, (this gets the knife and electric guys out of the way right off the jump) then combo into that crowd until I have my bone breaker ready. As soon as that happens I focus that attack on one of the knife or electric guys that are farther out and away from the pack.

While time is in slow motion--and the bone breaking animation is happening--I'm spinning the camera around trying to focus on the closest non knife or electric guy to attack next. There should be more than a few and they should be grouped together.

Just continue this process and use the bone breaker combo on the more lethal guys as quickly as you can, countering when necessary.

I'll also use the throw to knock groups of guys down. You can then attack the guys on the ground and continue the combo if you need the points. If and when you're able to get space away from the larger groups, go with the ground punch.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll probably make sure I'm close to 30k before tackling the final round, then just stop taking risks and batclaw/batarang away to take out guys, like Shake Appeal said. I don't have to worry about combos then anyway.

I'll get it eventually

Pimpn Drop Bear

Neo Member
hey guys my last two riddler challenges are in the pump control room in the cave system, but I can't figure out how to get back in there, it seems to be blocked by electronic barriers which don't have anything to deactivate. Anyone able to help out? One is a chronicle of arkham, and I don't know what the other is.

GQman2121

Banned
Darunia said:
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll probably make sure I'm close to 30k before tackling the final round, then just stop taking risks and batclaw/batarang away to take out guys, like Shake Appeal said. I don't have to worry about combos then anyway.

I'll get it eventually

Honestly, don't even worry about points for the first three rounds. Just get as much practice in with the fourth group as possible. Eventually you'll get so accustom to their layout that it'll make the entire process and the previous rounds much simpler. Everything seriously starts to slowdown once you're prepared for what you're up against.

MMaRsu

Rumble in the Jungle extreme is damn hard. Tried forever last night to break 50k but only managed 40k so far..

At least I have freeflow gold.

Or did I get 50k? Shit I'm high I can't remember :lol

mobnauseum

Neo Member
haven't felt like this about a game since...Majora's Mask, or maybe MGS2. Love it, forcing myself to stop after a few hours so I can drag it over a week or two before completion.

What's the average hours you guys are taking, I'm not going out of my way to find all the items/teeth, but do wander off path occasionaly..

Kard8p3

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Sorry if posted already, but according to the scroll on the title screen, DLC in 10 days!!

Yes!!! I can't wait to see what it is. Even if it's just challenge rooms I'll be excited.

EekTheKat

Joker's walk animation is hilarious :lol

He's also been surprisingly interesting to play. The timing for a lot of his moves are different than Batmans, and the lack of the quick batarang/batclaw crowd control does make things difficult sometimes.

Downhome

Yeah, about four days ago someone on another board posted the following:

I went back a few pages and did not see this mentioned so here is what I learned yesterday at our Gamestop conference about the game:

-The Joker will NEVER be on xbox 360
-New 360/PS3 challenge map on Sept. 17th for FREE!
-New PS3 challenge map on Sept. 24th for Free.
-Yes, there will be a sequel and 'no comment" with a smile on Robin...

Their date of the 17th falls right in line with the "10 days" mark from today, so I assume everything else is true also.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I hope these maps are brand new environments instead of ones ripped from the story, though i'm not too sure this will be the case.

Character-specific ones would be great too.

feel

You mean the joker will never be on the 360 challenge levels, right?
And awesome getting confirmation that a sequel is being planned.

edit: Thanks.

Does anyone know the requirement for the predator medal "surprise a henchmen by appearing from thin air"? I'm sure it's probably something really obvious, but can't seem to figure it out. It's my last predator medal to achieve, too!

McLovin

Man.. I'm freakin addicted to the challenge rooms. In Survival Tactics I got a time of 1:18:68 with all the challenges completed. I got rank 211 :D

Hyunkel6

Itchy//Tasty said:
Does anyone know the requirement for the predator medal "surprise a henchmen by appearing from thin air"? I'm sure it's probably something really obvious, but can't seem to figure it out. It's my last predator medal to achieve, too!

Make sure that the henchman is the last one in the room (he must be in the terrified status). Then sneak up behind him until you have the option to do a silent takedown, but don't do the takedown. Instead, let him turn around to spot you. Medal unlocked. Don't forget to punch him right after the medal unlocks or he'll gun you down pretty fast.

Ri'Orius

Itchy//Tasty said:

I don't know the specifics, but if memory serves he has to be the last one. Then I just made sure he didn't see me until I was right next to him and, when he saw me, he fell back scared.

So yeah. No real clear-cut "Hit L1" or anything. Just... appear right next to him when he's all alone and thus terrified.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
1YCLiGJhbC8yCBoDG1tTVkY2L2FjaC8wLzJGAAAAAOfn5-pFXNw=.jpg

1000/1000.

I kinda feel like going through the story for a third time :lol

JaseMath

Does anyone have any idea where I can find the sound that plays just before someone speaks on the PA system? I need it...want it for a text message sound.

Hopefully the new Challenge Map is something really cool and unique. Can't wait for the sequel. I'm getting close to the end on Hard (Third play through for me) and I'm definitely enjoying Hard less. Probably because it is my third play through. Regardless when it comes down to it, I guess Arkham Asylum IS my game of the year so far for this year. When the year ends I don't know where it'll stand on my rankings but it's definitely a great, great game.

vazel

Banned
Having a blast doing the challenges. Amazing how fun such a simple combat system is. Looking forward to more challenges dlc. Hopefully we get characters too like Batgirl, Robin, and Nightwing.

shagg_187 said:
Yep... It's called replaying the game :/

I lol'd. :lol

Luckily I got that achievement, just trying to finish up on those stupid riddles, then replay on hard.

We need to discuss strats for challenge mode. On Silent Knight, I'm on around 32 seconds, I have a method to join the 29 second club if I tidy up my execution. Lord knows how the no.1 got 25 seconds.

Top Bottom