• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
When does the third Catwoman mission start? I'm already at the
Steel Mill after Joker stole the cure, and I haven't seen Catwoman at all since Poison Ivy got a hold of her.
It's soon.
It's after you finish the Steel Mill.

RoboPlato said:
My favorite is holding them by the leg and dangling them over the ledge.

The dialogue is awesome during those too.
Thug: "Don't hurt me!"
Batman: "Wouldn't dream of it." *Punches thug in throat*

Batman is so much more badass in this game, he sometimes comes off as a straight douche, but its awesome.

Love the way rocksteady handled him.

Batman, sam fisher and nathan drake.....best asshole heroes

RPGCrazied

Ok, I'm stuck at the end. I believe its the end. Says I'm 85% done with the story. Please don't highlight if you don't know all the villians that is in the game.

I'm at Hugo Strange, at the top of the tower. There is a computer to hack, but it just starts up an alarm and rejects the password. He is in a room I can't get to. What do I do?

Thanks!

Zeliard

Sullichin said:
The animations in this game are fucking insane. There's a wall near you while you're in a fight? Don't worry, Batman is going to do something awesome with it. Interrogating an enemy that's near a ledge? Yeah, he'll incorporate that in the most fluid, badass way possible. Countering 3 enemies at once results in some incredible contextual animations. Very, very impressive, and the framerate never seems to falter.

Yeah the context-sensitive stuff is pretty great.

I'm having a lot of fun with the combat. Love what they've added to Batman's repertoire. Knocking a bunch of fools to the ground and then unleashing the multiple batarang knockout feels pretty awesome. I'm also getting a lot of use out of the new gadget shortcuts during combat.

Stats say I'm 42% through the main story, which is further along than I had expected. I've also been doing a fair number of side stuff. I wish there were more AR challenges; those things were quite fun, but after the second set there don't seem to be any more.

Recently finished up the
Ra's Al Ghul
section of the game. That was a fun ride.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Mid game spoilers:
Man, it's amazing how much better this game keeps getting. The boss fight with Mister Freeze was fantastic. It really forced you to think and use all of your skills. The sidemissions have been great too. The Mad Hatter one was really surreal and well done. Finding Freeze's wife was also cool. Once I figured out how to get into where she was I felt like a complete badass.
No game has gripped me like this in a long time. 2011 is already my favorite year in gaming and BF3 and Uncharted 3 aren't even out yet. Insane.

RPGCrazied said:
Ok, I'm stuck at the end. I believe its the end. Says I'm 85% done with the story. Please don't highlight if you don't know all the villians that is in the game.

I'm at Hugo Strange, at the top of the tower. There is a computer to hack, but it just starts up an alarm and rejects the password. He is in a room I can't get to. What do I do?

Thanks!
Keep moving the sticks around to find new word combinations. You have to do a couple

Jintor

RPGCrazied said:

Thanks!

Get better at hacking.
Tyger security systems trigger more than one possible password, but only one is correct.

Beat it!
The ending was pretty abrupt. Not sure what to think of it, really. Did he kill Clayface? The Joker needs to stop singing that song during the credits. It's too creepy.
Hell of a game! Definitely GOTY.

LosDaddie

Banned
Changed my uncharted3 preorder to this game today. I have a Joker Carnival Challenge code for trade (X360). Make an offer. I'm looking for a 1970s blue batman skin, or something.

Also, how easy is it get the code from NOS? I bought a can with the yellow stripe on it

Missed a couple of things at the start of the Steel Mill and got really annoyed by the prospect of having to take out all the armed guards by the entrance again. Those aren't that much fun in outdoors settings.

Gattsu25

Banned
I'm liking the game so far but was I the only person that felt that the Catwoman intro was poorly paced, substandard, severely worse than the Bruce into, and entirely frivolous?

She has a good character model. I guess they have that going for them.

I hear her later chapters are better executed.

LosDaddie said:
Changed my uncharted3 preorder to this game today. I have a Joker Carnival Challenge code for trade (X360). Make an offer. I'm looking for a 1970s blue batman skin, or something.

Also, how easy is it get the code from NOS? I bought a can with the yellow stripe on it
Go to the NOS website, register, then type in the code on the tab. Done! You should be given a code to type into XBL. Easy as pie.

Gattsu25 said:
I'm liking the game so far but was I the only person that felt that the Catwoman intro was poorly paced, substandard, severely worse than the Bruce into, and entirely frivolous?

Placing her stuff before the beginning
and after the ending
definitely fucked up the impact of those for me. It's like, what if you hung out with Dr. Kleiner for a little while before the intro to Half Life 2?

Hari Seldon

Just started playing the game. What are these green glowly things on the ground that look like traps? On the way to the courthouse to free catwoman there is one on the ground leading to a fenced in area with a riddler symbol. How do I use this to get in?

Gattsu25 said:

I think the Catwoman intro should have happened after you get knocked out by the Penguin. That's how they've done the Catwoman sequences after that: stick them in when Batman is incapacitated.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just did a few pretty awesome Riddler Trophies that require advanced handling of the glide abilities.

Those that are having trouble with the more Advanced AR challenges better PRACTICE UP! Personally I fucking love that shit.

Jintor

whalleywhat said:
Placing her stuff before the beginning
and after the ending
definitely fucked up the impact of those for me. It's like, what if you hung out with Dr. Kleiner for a little while before the intro to Half Life 2?

I thought the beginning one was alright, it's so short. It's like pre-show entertainment.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Played some more today. Passed 63% or so of the story, 40% of the game, stopped before I
got near the Joker in the steel mill boss. I gotta figure I'm halfway through it, just took down a large room with like 7 guards. Pretty fun room, even though the proximity mines never figured in like, at all.
Also did the side mission with
the Mad Hatter. Batman's costume in that was dooooope, that section was waaaay too short. Loved it. Disappointed Scarecrow hasn't shown up, but this and Ra's were very creative replacements.

As for other side missions I wished ones like
Deadshot and Zasz
moved faster, they kind of drop in a bit TOO randomly. I loves'em though, so whatevs.

Also, dude! How did I not use Stun this much in AA? *STUN* *quick punch punch* *two other dudes come at me, I counter them, get BACK to quick punching right away* *THREE dudes come at me, I counter them AT THE SAME TIME, get BACK TO quick punching, and finish this dude off with a BOSS TAKE DOWN* I AM BATMAN RAWWWWR!!!

I was expecting riddle trophies to be tumbling from the rafters considering that there's apparently 400(is this actually true?). They're actually pretty will spaced and crafted so far. There's only two dozen really obvious ones in the city I've found, so there must a hell of a lot more game there.

EDIT: The explosion gel flip thing is the fuckin baddest assest move in any video game. I can't stop doing it because it's so hilarious.

can i ask a possibly dumb question?

why in the world am i beating the hell out of random groups of thugs i find on the streets?

like, i listen to their conversations for a bit and then when ive had enough, i jump down and knock them all out.

besides being scumbags (for which they are already in "prison"), is there any reason?

Jintor

thecouncil said:

why in the world am i beating the hell out of random groups of thugs i find on the streets?

like, i listen to their conversations for a bit and then when ive had enough, i jump down and knock them all out.

besides being scumbags (for which they are already in "prison"), is there any reason?

You're Batman

thecouncil said:

Maybe you should ask yourself...BATMAN.

Apdiddy

Kyoufu said:
I want a Spiderman game from Rocksteady.

Nah, let's hope for a Justice League game. You can fly anywhere for Superman side missions, run really fast in foot races in Flash missions, if you see yellow you can't enter as Green Lantern, and....you talk to fish as Aquaman. The fish provide clues and are missing their children, which you have to collect. ;)

I just started Batman: AC and played for at least an hour, not even 5% done....and I'm trying to do some side missions and STILL end up doing a main mission
with Joker in the furnace world. Damn Titan cases.
This is my new crack.

Jintor

A justice league game would be far too all-over-the-place to consider. You really need to have one moveset and stick to it.

Anyone wanna trade? I have a Dark Knight Returns skin. I want a Robyn, but im not sure if thats a fair trade, so im open to others I guess.

Jintor

I found it easy because I had plastic explosiv'd the wall on the upper level back when I first did that room, making it super easy to get around to the bottom level without getting shot or even seen.

Jintor said:
I found it easy because I had plastic explosiv'd the wall on the upper level back when I first did that room, making it super easy to get around to the bottom level without getting shot or even seen.
I did the same thing, but I'm still finding it extremely difficult. I'm finally seeing that there are hiding places and a spot on the ceiling. Finally beat it!
When Two-Face is alone, get him! It seemed like the enemies were infinite. It's all over when he goes down. No need taking everyone down.

bill0527

Finally got my copy today from Newegg. $47.99 plus free XL Arkham T-shirt was worth the 3-day free shipping wait.

I got around 95% on Arkham Asylum, but haven't touched it since about a month after it was released. I'm already feeling overwhelmed an hour into Arkham City. I have forgotten most of the controls and it seems they're throwing new stuff at you all the time. This game really could have used a tutorial or some kind of refresher. I have hints turned on and that helps, but I'm having trouble remembering a lot of what I'm supposed to do in certain situations.

SpeedingUptoStop

The Riddler challenges are just ridic in this game man. I can't imagine the lengths of insane people lose themselves in to go after all 400. Standing on multiple launch pads, bataranging through vents, electrified fenced all kinds of shit. I just wanna pull down walls and collect my god damn trophy! I CAN'T EVEN PULL DOWN WALLS ANYMORE!!

My completionist ways are freezing me up in this game. I enter every area wanting to find all the riddler stuff only to not be able to find a trophy or something. Then I get frustrated and just quit, damn you!

SpeedingUptoStop said:
The Riddler challenges are just ridic in this game man. I can't imagine the lengths of insane people lose themselves in to go after all 400. Standing on multiple launch pads, bataranging through vents, electrified fenced all kinds of shit. I just wanna pull down walls and collect my god damn trophy! I CAN'T EVEN PULL DOWN WALLS ANYMORE!!
Some of them I just look at for a minute and go "Nope, no clue."
I did one on the water with 3 pads and a trophy split into 4 by chainlink fence, and I had to grapnel boost out of each section, fly around and land on each pad without touching anything to complete it.

SpeedingUptoStop

whalleywhat said:
Some of them I just look at for a minute and go "Nope, no clue."
I did one on the water with 3 pads and a trophy split into 4 by chainlink fence, and I had to grapnel boost out of each section, fly around and land on each pad without touching anything to complete it.
Yea, the shit is just a whole nother level of complicated that I can't even fuck with compared to everything else going on.

Top Bottom