• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Question on a character's name pronunciation:

Ray-sh? Is this a comics thing I wasn't aware of? Always thought it was Rah-z.

It's arabic for
'head' so it really should be pronounced 'rass'

Bazhard

Banned
ok so to anyone who has beat the game or has finished the musem can you answer something for me? is there
any terrifying moments i need to know about? i know about the t-rex when you first come in, the shark that eats you if you fall through the ice and teh shark that tries to attack on the raft, but anything else? i assume croc will scare the shit out of me but other then that anything i need to know about? i don't particularly like being scared shitless

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
SpeedingUptoStop said:
The Riddler challenges are just ridic in this game man. I can't imagine the lengths of insane people lose themselves in to go after all 400. Standing on multiple launch pads, bataranging through vents, electrified fenced all kinds of shit. I just wanna pull down walls and collect my god damn trophy! I CAN'T EVEN PULL DOWN WALLS ANYMORE!!

Yeah, I just did one where
I dive bombed down and used the momentum to go over an electric fence under a roof. For another nearby I had to step on a pad and throw a batarang at a ?, then bars raised while the other lit up. I don't think I solved it correctly but I quickly threw one, then threw a batarang I controlled, sped it up to make it past and did u turns inside until I could hit the ?, haha.

I can't even tell if I can get the ones with multiple pads or if I need an upgrade. I have nooo clue on most of them

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Man I just finished the third Catwoman section and things got insane.
The fake ending in that section is awesome.
I thought I was almost done but the counter says I'm at 76% so there's a lot more left than I thought. Incredible game.

Sean

Banned
Need help with Catwoman Mission 4, I'm trying to
"retrieve Catwoman's loot from Two-Face in the Museum". Stuck in the room with the water (where Batman crossed the ice with the shark and saved the frozen GCPD people etc). I cannot figure out how the heck to get across this with Catwoman.

Anyone?

Trike

Just picked up the game today. I didn't see it posted in the OP, so if it is already posted somewhere I'm sorry. All copies at Toys R Us seem to come with the 1970s Batman skin. In addition to that, if you get the game this week you also get a 1970s batman action figure for free. They still have the buy 2 get 3rd free thing going on too.

Sean said:
"retrieve Catwoman's loot from Two-Face in the Museum". Stuck in the room with the water (where Batman crossed the ice with the shark and saved the frozen GCPD people etc). I cannot figure out how the heck to get across this with Catwoman.

Anyone?

u can crawl on grates. so u go under the first grate by holding Right trigger and then A i believe. (360) then keep looking up for other grates to crawl onto using RB (360).

Sean said:

Anyone?

you need to walk to the edge of the platform where it will prompt you to climb down. Crawl over to the riddler trophy and open the grate then jump to crawl on the platform above that

ironcreed

Banned
I went ahead and ordered me a copy of the PS3 version. I have seen and read enough that I am convinced it is an absolute must buy. Looks much better than Arkham Asylum as well, which was a great game in it's own right.

Bazhard

Banned
ironcreed said:
I went ahead and ordered me a copy of the PS3 version. I have seen and read enough that I am convinced that it is an absolute must buy. Looks much better than Arkham Asylum as well, which was a great game in it's own right.
You will not be disappointed.

Sean

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
u can crawl on grates. so u go under the first grate by holding Right trigger and then A i believe. (360) then keep looking up for other grates to crawl onto using RB (360).

GekigangerV said:
you need to walk to the edge of the platform where it will prompt you to climb down. Crawl over to the riddler trophy and open the grate then jump to crawl on the platform above that

Thanks a bunch, I was in that part but didn't think of checking the ceiling.

JazzmanZ

So there was this one part where I had to rescue a goon above some acid, I push a to rescue him but accidentally fall into the acid watching Batman die a slow and painful death.

I love this game.

Kyoufu

Starting to really enjoy this game now. Combat is still a little on the shallow side but the open city feels nice, and the gameplay during storyline missions is pretty enjoyable.

Surprised that the framerates are super smooth on PS3 considering its on Unreal Engine 3.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Man, I dunno how people can resist blowing through this story,
or, given the degradation of the world,
find a way to continue playing around with side missions. This shit is way too compelling!! I'm 85% done with story, 40% game.

That Joker boss battle was ridiculous! Makes you go blitzed out Batman rage to take out all of these dudes. Fucker with the hammer, dudes with armor, god damn titan AND you get to beat up regular ol' Joker! Fuck yes!
And then scaling the tower.
Oh my god, this game. This GAME. It's fucking BEAUTIFUL! And the Gotham Skyline! DAT SKYLINE! Gotham HAS to be the setting of the next game, oh my god, they got it all mapped out, the shit is right there!
And taking out dudes to get to Hugo, SWAG. Swag. It's kind of ridiculous, I was thinking the whole time this plan sounds a whole like something Ra's would've wanted to think up and BAM there's that sucka!! Now this whole thing is seeming very Batman Begins on steroids and then this mo fucka blows up the tower and then Ra's gets his ass The Rock'd on a fucking fence, good gawd, ADRENALINE RUSH! Now Joker's got his hideout stacked to the teeth with sniper dudes,
I can't even begin to engage in this shit right now, I need a break, PHEW.

I love this game. Rocksteady *bow*

SpeedingUptoStop

JazzmanZ said:
So there was this one part where I had to rescue a goon above some acid, I push a to rescue him but accidentally fall into the acid watching Batman die a slow and painful death.

I love this game.
I was trying to sneak up on a sniper guy from under him, and I guess he had already saw me (I was in detective mode so I couldn't see the lasers). I was hanging from the ledge right below him, this dude straight fucking capped me right in the dome, Batman fell do his death in slo mo, it was amazing. This game so needs replay/video share functions.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Man, I dunno how people can resist blowing through this story,
or, given the degradation of the world,
find a way to continue playing around with side missions. This shit is way too compelling!! I'm 85% done with story, 40% game.

That Joker boss battle was ridiculous! Makes you go blitzed out Batman rage to take out all of these dudes. Fucker with the hammer, dudes with armor, god damn titan AND you get to beat up regular ol' Joker! Fuck yes!
And then scaling the tower.
Oh my god, this game. This GAME. It's fucking BEAUTIFUL! And the Gotham Skyline! DAT SKYLINE! Gotham HAS to be the setting of the next game, oh my god, they got it all mapped out, the shit is right there!
And taking out dudes to get to Hugo, SWAG. Swag. It's kind of ridiculous, I was thinking the whole time this plan sounds a whole like something Ra's would've wanted to think up and BAM there's that sucka!! Now this whole thing is seeming very Batman Begins on steroids and then this mo fucka blows up the tower and then Ra's gets his ass The Rock'd on a fucking fence, good gawd, ADRENALINE RUSH! Now Joker's got his hideout stacked to the teeth with sniper dudes,
I can't even begin to engage in this shit right now, I need a break, PHEW.

I love this game. Rocksteady *bow*
SpeedingUptoStop said:
I was trying to sneak up on a sniper guy from under him, and I guess he had already saw me (I was in detective mode so I couldn't see the lasers). I was hanging from the ledge right below him, this dude straight fucking capped me right in the dome, Batman fell do his death in slo mo, it was amazing. This game so needs replay/video share functions.

Speeding, If you could talk about Rage the way you talk about AC...I'd actually end up keeping Rage.

SpeedingUptoStop

Fixed2BeBroken said:
Speeding, If you could talk about Rage the way you talk about AC...I'd actually end up keeping Rage.
It's things like this that remind me why it's good that I chose to be a Marketing major. :lol

You know how interrogating Riddler's guys can highlight riddles and trophies on the map?

Is there anyway to have the specific riddles read to you? It's a little annoying heading to one of them, and then basically looking at anything and everything that could be an answer to ANY of the riddles in that area (in the menu).

Thanks.

Wow. Just finished the game and... I don't know what to say. I'm not sure if this is disappointment or something else but it just never quite clicked for me. Sometimees I get this feeling after seeing a highly anticipated movie and thinking, "this is really it." I'm about to jump into some new game plus and I hope to enjoy it more this time.

Cetra

Crunchy20XX said:
Wow. Just finished the game and... I don't know what to say. I'm not sure if this is disappointment or something else but it just never quite clicked for me. Sometimees I get this feeling after seeing a highly anticipated movie and thinking, "this is really it." I'm about to jump into some new game plus and I hope to enjoy it more this time.

I've the same feeling. Except leaning way more heavily towards being completely let down.

JambiBum said:
Can anyone tell me how to get back into the
boiler room
so that I can get the last gadget?
I think you go in the Steel Mill room where you used the hanging chain to tear the door down before and use it to knock out a grate in the wall behind it. Either that or you open up a door with an electrical charge in the same room.

Fjordson

Dartastic said:
Why can't I get into freeze's lab? The electric gate wont rise and I can't find a place to get in. :/
Man, I got stuck too. Totally forgot that I could slide. Only used it like twice so far.

GQman2121

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
what the fuck! i went to play my game (about 6 or 7 hours in on 360) and my save was gone! motherfucker dude....
Something is definitely up with the saves on both systems. Two nights in a row now I've had my first attempt to load fail and had to restart from the main xmb. Game said my file was corrupt, but loaded fine when I tried a second time.

Question for those who finished the 'Watcher in the Wings' sidequest.

Is the hooded figure Azrael? Cause if so, I'm about to have a full-blown, Man Who Broke The Bat nerdgasm right here.

The Broken Ska Record said:
Is there a way to get back into
the Steel Mill
. I need to get the last
Titan Container

Yes, there is a door around the back toward the water, and it is the most annoying fucking door to find in the game (IMO).

Jintor

Fjordson said:
Man, I got stuck too. Totally forgot that I could slide. Only used it like twice so far.

What's with these fuckers not sliding erry day?

Slide tackle to begin combat is awesome, alongside air divebomb.

Valravn

The Antitype said:
Question for those who finished the 'Watcher in the Wings' sidequest.

Is the hooded figure Azrael? Cause if so, I'm about to have a full-blown, Man Who Broke The Bat nerdgasm right here.

It's def.
Azrael.

2 quick questions for you PS3 guys

1) The game runs solid on PS3 right? My little bro just burned up his Xbox so I want to get it on PS3 for him.

2) Is there certain retailer we should get it from? Or were all of the bonuses only for preorders?

Maddness

nismogrendel said:
2 quick questions for you PS3 guys

1) The game runs solid on PS3 right? My little bro just burned up his Xbox so I want to get it on PS3 for him.

2) Is there certain retailer we should get it from? Or were all of the bonuses only for preorders?

I have it on PS3 and it runs fine. I did have 1 or 2 instances where the sound skipped, but it never happened again. Go for it.

Maddness said:
I have it on PS3 and it runs fine. I did have 1 or 2 instances where the sound skipped, but it never happened again. Go for it.

I know that sound skip bug, saw it a few times on 360 so far. Not a huge deal tho.

Was the catwoman DLC on disc or download? My bro is on satellite internet with bandwidth caps :(

JMizzlin

Is there anything missable in this game that can't be accessed later? Any achievements one could miss out on in a single play through?

Maddness

nismogrendel said:
I know that sound skip bug, saw it a few times on 360 so far. Not a huge deal tho.

Was the catwoman DLC on disc or download? My bro is on satellite internet with bandwidth caps :(

Download DLC.

Edit: but it's like 278mbs or something like that.

Top Bottom