• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I think it speaks to how much more there is to do in combat in this compared to AA that I got a 40x hit combo in game when it took forever for me to get one in a challenge room in AA.

GQman2121

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:
I think it speaks to how much more there is to do in combat in this compared to AA that I got a 40x hit combo in game when it took forever for me to get one in a challenge room in AA.

I'm finding it difficult to switch gadgets during combos. I would love to batclaw, gel and smoke bomb a group of guys in one combo.

Near endgame spoiler here.
So I just finished off Strange and R'as al Ghul in the tower and I was ready to call it a game when Joker pops up on screen with yet another main story mission. Ehh... I really think they should have played this out differently. You should have saved Talia before taking care of Strange. He (and his mysterious benefactor) were framed as the primary villains and threat. I hate games where you finish off what should have been the final boss and then they continue on with the main story.

I have not finished the game yet, so I don't know what happens next, but this is somewhat disappointing.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
thewesker said:
I was able to get all of his henchmen down on the bottom level, and he didn't follow. Then, i went in for the kill.

Hmm... now I have an idea. Thanks.

GQman2121 said:
I'm finding it difficult to switch gadgets during combos. I would love to batclaw, gel and smoke bomb a group of guys in one combo.

You're not supposed to select gadgets with the D-pad during combat. There are shortcuts for every gadget.

Evolved1

xtrasauce said:
You're not supposed to select gadgets with the D-pad during combat. There are shortcuts for every gadget.

Not for smoke, that I can tell... I only see the prompt when I'm being shot at.

Zeth

xtrasauce said:
^ this. In case you missed the tool tips flashing through the whole game.

RPGCrazied

I guess I'm almost done? I thought I wasn't, when it said 45%, then I realized that is for all the extra's. The story I'm at 72%. 3rd Catwoman mission.

Vire

krameriffic said:
So I just finished off Strange and R'as al Ghul in the tower and I was ready to call it a game when Joker pops up on screen with yet another main story mission. Ehh... I really think they should have played this out differently. You should have saved Talia before taking care of Strange. He (and his mysterious benefactor) were framed as the primary villains and threat. I hate games where you finish off what should have been the final boss and then they continue on with the main story.

I have not finished the game yet, so I don't know what happens next, but this is somewhat disappointing.
Resolving your problems with Joker > Protocol 10. Trust me.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
krameriffic said:

You should withhold judgement.

This game!

Was gliding around last night when I noticed the Monarch Theatre.

Straight away I'm down there and walking around the alleys trying to find the spot where Bat's parents were murdered. Once I found it, wow. The lighting, the music, the camerawork, the achievement. So good, I got chills. Rocksteady know their shit.

This. Fucking. Game.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
Installing ps3 version. You know what that means:

QvEq4.jpg

RPGCrazied said:
Can anyone help me with a side mission?

Deadshot. I'm on the 3rd one, I follow the bullet line, but it just vanishes into a fan on top of a building. Any help would be great.
I believe the part your on is where you go to the edge and look where he layed down to take the shot. Something about body heat.

ezekial45

Banned
Just fought and defeated
Ra's Al Ghul. It was a pretty cool battle, and it looked great visually, but I feel like it could've been done a bit better. I'm on my way back to Mr. Freeze now.
So am I like 75% through about now?

Also, with just a yes or no response. Can you guy say that the final boss, or final sequence is better than the one in AA?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
With regards to the Helicopter that follow you around, does hooking to it with the grappling gun do anything? Does it take you to your next mission or something? And what about if they are watching you, does it even matter in a gameplay sense?

Still wondering, regarding the end of the game,
what's the point of clay face? Why did joker pretend to use the cure when he clearly wanted it at the end?

Zeth said:
Ok this is pissing me off. Someone please explain what I'm missing so I can feel dumb. (mid game spoiler?)
at the part where you first start using the freeze nades to traverse water in the steel mill. I'm at a part where it looks like I need to use a remote batarang to go through a hole to hit a fuse box but nothing happens when I hit it. Even the tip that pops up seems to be describing what I'm doing. Im breaking, turning it around to get into the little cage it's in, I've tried hitting it slow, regular, and with boost but I'm unable to advance.
That part was extremely frustrating! I stumbled upon the answer accidently.

Anybody know if you have the buy the skins in a bundle or if you can buy them individually?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I finished the campaign tonight. I think I like the story in AC is better than AA, but it does just kind of end without any resolution. It's not a cliffhanger. It just ends. It was still pretty sweet, and the last boss wasn't as disappointing as AA's final boss.

Also, Catwoman's final mission was rage inducing at first, but I figured out a way. Here's my advice on beating it:
Take out all the enemies silently except Two-Face and the dude with him. I figured out a route that let me do this in 2-3 minutes. Then go for Two-Face and the other guy on the bridge. Take out the mook, and proceed to pound the shit out of Two-Face. If you go full aggro, you should be able to do beat him before more guys show up and kill you. I did this on Hard, so I'm assuming bullets do much less damage on lower difficulties.

Luthos

After two days of decent amount of gaming, I loaded up my save earlier to my complete % being 17%, and my story being around 27-30%. WTF. Maybe I didn't play for as long as I thought I did. There's no time counter on the game, so who knows.

Those AR challenges were frustrating but not as impossibly difficult as people were describing.

Also fuck
Nora Freeze
can't find that spot and looked for a solid hour. >_>

Buckethead said:
Those AR challenges were frustrating but not as impossibly difficult as people were describing.

Also fuck
Nora Freeze
I can't either. I just did the main quest.

DodgerSan

Maybe foolhardy, but one last try - anyone have a 360 skin they'd like to trade for Sinestro corps on the ps3? (The NOS would do if it's 360, can't get that in the UK).

Evolved1

Luthos said:
After two days of decent amount of gaming, I loaded up my save earlier to my complete % being 17%, and my story being around 27-30%. WTF. Maybe I didn't play for as long as I thought I did. There's no time counter on the game, so who knows.

What's the last thing you remember doing?

Korosenai

Buckethead said:

Also fuck
Nora Freeze
Go to the top of the circle on your map where her location is, and go in the water on that boat, then look back towards the land. You will see a wall you can blow up, but you have to throw a freeze grenade to be able to stand there to do it.

Four Wude

Unconfirmed Member
DodgerSan said:
Maybe foolhardy, but one last try - anyone have a 360 skin they'd like to trade for Sinestro corps on the ps3? (The NOS would do if it's 360, can't get that in the UK).

Dodger, I PM'd you.

NubInaTub said:
Go to the top of the circle on your map where her location is, and go in the water on that boat, then look back towards the land. You will see a wall you can blow up, but you have to throw a freeze grenade to be able to stand there to do it.
Well shit. I tried basically everything but that.

Also what is up with me knocking on a door
and a goon saying "go away... nothing to see here"

Cheska

xtrasauce said:

Can you select what the shortcut for the moves are supposed to be? I know L1+O is the electric charge, but that's the only one I've used so far :(

VindictiveGnome said:
Catwoman's soundtrack reminds of Mrs. Doubtfire's music.

Make that game, somebody.

"Meet with Mr. Hardy at Bridges Restaurant - OBJECTIVE COMPLETED"
"NEW OBJECTIVE - Change back into Mrs. Doubtfire"
"NEW OBJECTIVE - Put pepper on Dunmire's Jumbalaya"

Is there a video that explains how to properly take advantage of the combat in this game? The highest combo I've gotten was only when
I rode the back of the titan in this game, and in fact in AA lol

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
VindictiveGnome said:
Haha. What just happened? Played as catwoman and
the game just ended. I walked out the wrong door!
That was probably the funniest moment in the game. I did the same thing and laughed the whole time.

Grisby

I love the animations in this game, from Batmans interrogations to Catwoman doing the swan dive off of high ledges.

Also, the city really makes me feel like Batman, a hunter, as opposed to Arkham Asylum.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm starting to get a handle on the combat again, but shiiiit I suck pretty bad again. I 1000'd AA but some of these shortcuts are messing me up, I can't recall if it was always like this. ESPECIALLY the quick explosive gel, I keep doing that by accident and I don't remember that at all.

Catwoman is really fun to me. I've been doing better with her in the challenge rooms, her caltrops and bolo are ridiculously good, and you can easily finish the levels in one big combo with a quick LT whip into the takedown for a lot of points.

Jintor

Papercuts said:
I'm starting to get a handle on the combat again, but shiiiit I suck pretty bad again. I 1000'd AA but some of these shortcuts are messing me up, I can't recall if it was always like this. ESPECIALLY the quick explosive gel, I keep doing that by accident and I don't remember that at all.

Catwoman is really fun to me. I've been doing better with her in the challenge rooms, her caltrops and bolo are ridiculously good, and you can easily finish the levels in one big combo with a quick LT whip into the takedown for a lot of points.
\
The massive brawl in her last mission is fun as hell.

When does the third Catwoman mission start? I'm already at the
Steel Mill after Joker stole the cure, and I haven't seen Catwoman at all since Poison Ivy got a hold of her.

Top Bottom