• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Nori Chan

789shadow said:
Why would you put a Catwoman trophy behind a wall only Batman can destroy?
Yeah you found that one too? lol

Yeah it took me a good 20 minutes to realize there was no way around it and I just figured it was explosive lol

789shadow

Banned
Noriega said:
Yeah you found that one too? lol

Yeah it took me a good 20 minutes to realize there was no way around it and I just figured it was explosive lol
No, actually, I fucked up, it was above where I was lol. NOW I HAVE TO RUN ALL THE WAY BACK AND GET FUCKING CATWOMAN.

Jintor

SpeedingUptoStop said:
I think the only way is to take a time out of the main game and pick an episode from the main menu.

Once you finish the game (and all Catwoman episodes) switch points on the main map will be activated where you and bats can tag in or out.

comrade

Jintor said:
Once you finish the game (and all Catwoman episodes) switch points on the main map will be activated where you and bats can tag in or out.
Now just let me also switch to Robin/Nightwing and do side missions and stuff.

bigace33

JohngPR said:
I'm posting this for a friend

Would anyone be interested in a character skin trade? He'd offer a Batman Beyond skin for PS3 or 360 (either one) in exchange for a Batman Animated series one for PS3.

PM me if interested.
Ah man I offered this trade on day one and no one took it. I already used my code. :)

Tguy said:
Yes there was.

How could you stop something you don't know about? And did you forgot that Batman was poisoned or whatever. He'd have to stop his cure first before trying to take down something he has no clue about
Just saying, there was plenty in the way.
But see, he was STILL poisoned when he solved the Hugo Strange problem, so obviously that wasn't standing in the way. Also, he DID know of Protocol 10, he just didn't know what it was and he didn't need to know what it was to know that it was big, bad, Strange was behind it and he needed to stop it. The tie-in to Talia was obvious: R'as was behind Strange, Ra's is Talia's father. It would have been easy to tie all of the stories together instead of the main campaign feeling like two mini-campaigns separated from each other.

And even with all that, the shitkicker is that it wasn't even Batman's actions that revealed was Protocol 10 was! He didn't figure it out, he got a call from Oracle that Gordon had been summoned to a city council meeting about activating it. He didn't find out what it was until it already started. He's the world's greatest detective, he didn't need Strange to start bombing the city to tell him that he needed to fuck Strange's shit up.

backflip10019 said:
Wow, I'm really stuck. How the hell do you
get underground to destroy Penguin's third comm. disruptor?

There is a subway entrance on the street level in front of the museum. There should be a couple of armed guards patrolling there.

789shadow

Banned
Has anyone been able to do the Riddler trophy where 3 pressure plates and the trophy are divided by a fence? It's on this island in the east bay.

JohngPR

bigace33 said:
Ah man I offered this trade on day one and no one took it. I already used my code. :)
Aw, that sucks. My buddy said hed also trade Batman Beyond for Earth 2, Year One, and 70's Batman skins if anyone has those instead of the Animared one if anyone's interested.

Nori Chan

Got every medal for every challenge map on Arkham Asylum. They were actually really REALLY fun to do. Can't wait to tackle them in AC.

Now to finish off the last riddles and I will 100% Arkham Asylum. FEELS GOOD MAN

gdt

lol at the LOST shoutout. Made me smile. How much left would you say I have in the story mode?

BTW, how can I get more Riddler rooms? I'm getting trophies and solving riddles (via informants) left and right, but I can't seem to get another room on my map.

RPGCrazied

Sucks the side missions don't carry over to NG+, anyone know if you have to get all the riddler trophies to complete his side mission? I wanted to save them for the NG+.

789shadow said:
Has anyone been able to do the Riddler trophy where 3 pressure plates and the trophy are divided by a fence? It's on this island in the east bay.

It's a doozy, you have to have the batclaw upgrade. Shoot yourself upwards(there's an installed dock crane behind you, use that), glide and circle around. Land perfectly on one of the other plates. If you've done it right, you haven't touched the ground and you've got two plates activated. Once more for the third and you're set to go. It's easier than it sounds, but it's not that easy.

krameriffic said:
But see, he was STILL poisoned when he solved the Hugo Strange problem, so obviously that wasn't standing in the way. Also, he DID know of Protocol 10, he just didn't know what it was and he didn't need to know what it was to know that it was big, bad, Strange was behind it and he needed to stop it. The tie-in to Talia was obvious: R'as was behind Strange, Ra's is Talia's father. It would have been easy to tie all of the stories together instead of the main campaign feeling like two mini-campaigns separated from each other.

And even with all that, the shitkicker is that it wasn't even Batman's actions that revealed was Protocol 10 was! He didn't figure it out, he got a call from Oracle that Gordon had been summoned to a city council meeting about activating it. He didn't find out what it was until it already started. He's the world's greatest detective, he didn't need Strange to start bombing the city to tell him that he needed to fuck Strange's shit up.
Okay, first you truly repeated what I said about Protocol 10. "How could you stop something you don't know about?" That was a quote from me meaning that he didn't know exactly what Protocol 10 was. It doesn't help Strange was threatening to reveal his identity if batman were to try to stop Strange before Protocol 10 happened.

And, I was obviously referring to when Batman first got poisoned, it sidetracked him a lot. Such as, trying to get a cure from Freeze, going to get Blood from Ra, then Joker stealing the cure. I'd say there was a lot preventing Batman from stopping strange and also, let's not forget Joker released what he has in Gotham.

But I'm not really arguing if it would have been better if it was tied together instead of a mini campaigns. I'm just saying there was really plenty of stuff in the way preventing Batman from stopping Strange in the beginning.
We should take this to the story thread too lol.

FStop7

Banned
calder said:
I feel like a sucker, but I bought the iPad map app. It's pretty slickly put together, and when I do trophy/collectable runs in games I have my iPad beside me the whole time anyway..

Robin, get the Bat-Pad!

FStop7

Banned
789shadow said:
Why would you put a Catwoman trophy behind a wall only Batman can destroy?

I am 90% sure that there was an aborted plan to put co-op into this game. There are signs of it all over the place. Somewhere along the line Rocksteady changed their minds.

JohngPR

RPGCrazied said:
Sucks the side missions don't carry over to NG+, anyone know if you have to get all the riddler trophies to complete his side mission? I wanted to save them for the NG+.

Wow really? Assumed that they did. :(

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I have absolutely no idea how to tackle the vertical Riddler pressure plates. Anyone?

gdt5016 said:
lol at the LOST shoutout. Made me smile. How much left would you say I have in the story mode?

BTW, how can I get more Riddler rooms? I'm getting trophies and solving riddles (via informants) left and right, but I can't seem to get another room on my map.
There's at least two Lost references. Wouldn't be surprised if there's even more.

Just keep solving his challenges. There are 400 of them after all...

gdt5016 said:

Use the cryptograph scanner @ whatever frequency you were given at the end of the last Riddler room.

Montresor

Just starting, I need to figure out which difficulty I start off with. I don't know if I should shy away from hard (since it's been really long since I played Asylum on hard) or if I should just stick with hard to better prepare myself for
the new game plus, which I think is a very hard mode right?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The Xtortionist said:
Glide or line launch into them.
Do they work the way as the ground ones in that
you then can't touch the normal ground without resetting the whole puzzle
? I've been assuming that, perhaps wrongly, and so I've been stumped. Anyhow, thanks.

Duress said:
I can't figure this riddle for the Ice Lounge. I've looked everywhere. I got the other one
The one about
what you use when it's raining bullets
? There's an
umbrella
in the room. A physical one, not a painting.

Dan said:
Do they work the way as the ground ones in that
you then can't touch the normal ground without resetting the whole puzzle
? I've been assuming that, perhaps wrongly, and so I've been stumped. Anyhow, thanks.

For the ones that require you to stay off the ground, glide off the wall after hitting them.

Heppell

Banned
Its about the catwoman mission

So what happens when you play catwoman and take the diamonds and not saving Batman??

Zareth

789shadow said:

you gotta Line launch off each preasure plate and glide back down onto each plate without touching anything but the preasure plates.

Grisby

RoboPlato said:
I think the assassins handle deaths by throwing people into the Lazarus Pit. I think Batman knew that she was going to be collected by the other assassins. It bothered me a bit too but no one would be there to remove the Joker and he had to get his body to the police. Despite everything, him and Joker were even closer than him and Talia in a twisted way.

There's one really awesome Easter Egg if you do something in one of the Catwoman sections. I found it by accident and it was one of the coolest things in the game if you discover it on your own. You wouldn't miss anything aside from that but the Catwoman sections are really short anyway and break up the flow of Batman's sections a bit. I liked them.
I really don't want to miss this, can you sort of spoil the directions on what to do? Like, "Go left young Grisby, go left."

highrider

Banned
playing it on ps3. great game, love it so far. last night i hunkered down for some gaming and when i load ac on the continue game prompt it says my game data is corrupted and i have to re-install. never had this problem with any game and i had only made an hour or two of progress so it's no biggie, but less than ideal. anyone else had this problem?

789shadow

Banned
Square Triangle said:
Hey guys who like to carry shields. Fuck you.

- Batman
Screw those fuckers. And why the fuck do they hurt? It basically looks like those guys are just bumping into you, and then you die. Also, why can't I counter them? I can counter every other melee attack.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
pickle said:
playing it on ps3. great game, love it so far. last night i hunkered down for some gaming and when i load ac on the continue game prompt it says my game data is corrupted and i have to re-install. never had this problem with any game and i had only made an hour or two of progress so it's no biggie, but less than ideal. anyone else had this problem?

Just reload the game... I get this all the time. There's nothing wrong with your save! So don't start over.

:)

Hope I caught you in time.

pickle said:

I've read of it happened on the 360 too, maybe it's the game itself? Other than this installed game freeze on the 360, I haven't had any issues.

highrider

Banned
Evolved1 said:
Just reload the game... I get this all the time. There's nothing wrong with your save! So don't start over.

:)

Hope I caught you in time.

too late as i deleted it last night.. thanks though. i'm just glad it isn't a harbinger of ps3 doom. at least if it happens again i'll just back out and reload.

The end credits... what the hell. Its moving so slow and there's no music. Its taking so long that I got a reconnect controller prompt.

So I guess
if you see Calendar Man on Halloween or Holidays, something happens? Is it one of those things where you can set your internal clock? I feel like this is Animal Crossing all over again.

789shadow

Banned
I am firmly convinced that Rocksteady forgot to add the fucking dot to the Question Mark near the frozen pool on top of the skyscraper. I cannot find that fucker anywhere, much less line it up.

hamchan

IAmtheFMan said:
So I guess
if you see Calendar Man on Halloween or Holidays, something happens? Is it one of those things where you can set your internal clock? I feel like this is Animal Crossing all over again.

Yep, changing the date on your console works.

TKRunningRiot

Neo Member
789shadow said:
The way I did it was to step on one, then grapnel boost out and dive bomb onto the next one, rinse and repeat.

RPGCrazied

Can anyone tell me about those pressure plates? Like there is this one with 3 on the ground. How do you step on all those at once?

Top Bottom