• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

789shadow

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Can anyone tell me about those pressure plates? Like there is this one with 3 on the ground. How do you step on all those at once?
You don't. You have to step on all of them, but you can't ever touch anything but the pressure plates. Are you referring to the one with the triangle formation? Use the line launcher.

789shadow

Banned
HawksWinStanley said:
Are the Riddler puzzles the same stuff as AA? Where you just have to find something and look at it? Or line up the question marks?
You still have to line up question marks, but no longer do you just find the trophies. You have to do a puzzle it seems for every single one. It's glorious.

Finished up the Riddler stuff earlier, was disappointed when no trophy popped up... and then realized there never was one for getting them all. D'oh. Oh well, all that stuff is knocked out for NG+.
Started it up and WOW... this is what I'm talking about!! I hate counter icons, they're too distracting. I find myself having a much better time with fighting without them, because everytime I see one pop up I'm tempted to press Triangle, even if they're out of range (which means the end of a combo if they're out of range). Without the icons, it's easier to gauge which hits can actually hit you and which won't, and figure out whether to press Triangle or disregard it.

Has anyone had problems setting up an account with NOS? I just drank one of these fuckers (taste awful) to get a batman beyond code. I'm not sure if the site is having problems or maybe I'm just going into cardiac arrest?

Nori Chan

Did you guys know on the title screen that there are times where it changes who the enemy is?

So far I've seen Freeze and
Grundy

789shadow

Banned
Duress said:
Wow I would have never thought of that! Thanks!
I didn't think of it either for a long time. The marker on the map confused me since there didn't seem to be ANYTHING there.
It was the first time I've ever encountered an NPC being the solution to a riddle.

So I'm doing this mission with Catwoman,
post-credits, going after Two-Face. Will I be able to load up my save and finish doing all the side stuff
after this?

Replicant

Halp! I'm at Riddler's sub-mission where you have to
save Hamasaki (medic) from electric floor. I've managed to get into the elevated platform and raised itself up but then what? The platform won't budge/get any closer to the platform where the medic is. If I jump and glide I'll just end up back on the floor again.

JohngPR

789shadow said:
Screw those fuckers. And why the fuck do they hurt? It basically looks like those guys are just bumping into you, and then you die. Also, why can't I counter them? I can counter every other melee attack.

You can unlock a disarm move...the animation for it is pretty damn funny.

789shadow

Banned
Once again, I request assistance with
the Riddler Question Mark on the backside of a billboard near the frozen rooftop pool. I cannot find the damn spot.

gdt

Man. Absolutely can't get more Riddler rooms, nor are the Deadshot or Identity Thief sidequests progressing.

How do I get these to pop up?

I think I'm near the end.
Protocol 10 just happened, and I just scanned a heli

Xevren

gdt5016 said:
Man. Absolutely can't get more Riddler rooms, nor are the Deadshot or Identity Thief sidequests progressing.

Riddler is tied to how many collectibles you get. Deadshot is random, so just travel until you hear loud gunshots. For the thief you have to go find it, but it seems random if it shows up or not. It took a long ass time for the Deadshot stuff to pop up for me.

Nori Chan

Noriega said:
Did you guys know on the title screen that there are times where it changes who the enemy is?

So far I've seen Freeze and
Grundy
See, I'm not crazy GAF
9b2cb27a.jpg

gdt5016 said:

Identity Thief absolutely refused to progress for me during normal play, it finally continued again after I finished up. I think it's completely random.

equap

Banned
i don't liek that Batman isn't in the middle of the screen but to the left. Only when running is when the camera zoom out to him being in the middle.

:\

Vire

Is it me or are the combat challenge rooms easier this go around?

I dunno maybe I've just gotten better but I breezed through the extreme ones...

789shadow

Banned
789shadow said:
Once again, I request assistance with
the Riddler Question Mark on the backside of a billboard near the frozen rooftop pool. I cannot find the damn spot.
PLEASE GOD HELP ME PLEASE.

Quick

Banned
UGH. I'm stuck.

Mr. Freeze is a bitch to fight. I just can't win. Already used the water to electrocute him, the disruptor to stop his freeze ray from working briefly, then the electromagnet thing to get him stuck. Any tips, guys?

Doomrider

Quick said:
UGH. I'm stuck.

Mr. Freeze is a bitch to fight. I just can't win. Already used the water to electrocute him, the disruptor to stop his freeze ray from working briefly, then the electromagnet thing to get him stuck. Any tips, guys?

Don't forget the explosive wall and floor.

Quick said:
UGH. I'm stuck.

Ledge takedown, silent takedown, drop attack.

Quick said:
UGH. I'm stuck.

silent takedown, glide kick off of railing, zip-line on straigh away.

hamchan

Vire said:
Is it me or are the combat challenge rooms easier this go around?

I dunno maybe I've just gotten better but I breezed through the extreme ones...

They've always been pretty easy to get 3 medals I think. If you're good enough the multiplier just climbs to ridiculous heights so that in one round you can easily get the 3 medal score.

K someone tell me right now. Is this game living up to the hype? I thought AA was really good but not as OMGWTFBESTGAMEEVER as a lot made it out to be. But it was really good. Is this a lot better? I'll get it no matter what but I'm tempted to get it now as opposed to waiting....

JambiBum

Quick said:
UGH. I'm stuck.

Wall that you can blow up and you can sneak attack him from behind

benzy

Quick said:
UGH. I'm stuck.

Glide kick from behind. Floor vent surprise takedown. Sneak behind takedown.

Duress

-Pyromaniac- said:
K someone tell me right now. Is this game living up to the hype? I thought AA was really good but not as OMGWTFBESTGAMEEVER as a lot made it out to be. But it was really good. Is this a lot better? I'll get it no matter what but I'm tempted to get it now as opposed to waiting....

If you're a big Batman fan, absolutely.

-Pyromaniac- said:
Game is hella fun, story is hit or miss but capped by amazing moments.

Definitely worth buying new.

-Pyromaniac- said:

Having put about 8 hours into it, I'd say your experience with it is not going to be substantially different than your experience with AA.

Duress said:
If you're a big Batman fan, absolutely.
yes, yes I am

Buckethead said:
Game is hella fun, story is hit or miss but capped by amazing moments.

Definitely worth buying new.
that's good, I care more about funness mostly from a game like this though hearing that the story can be good is good too. Guess I'll probably get it new.

Conciliator said:
Having put about 8 hours into it, I'd say your experience with it is not going to be substantially different than your experience with AA.
which isn't a bad thing as it was really good, just played it late so I had the hype people built up all in my head.

hamchan

-Pyromaniac- said:

It's like Arkham Asylum with a different structure. It's really good like Arkham Asylum was but if you didn't think that game was game of the generation then this won't be it either.

Vire

-Pyromaniac- said:
My favorite game of the year. If you enjoyed the first one you will enjoy this game.

It's pretty fantastic and highly addictive!

hamchan said:
It's like Arkham Asylum with a different structure. It's really good like Arkham Asylum was but if you didn't think that game was game of the generation then this won't be it either.
yeah I was just waiting till people had time to sink a lot of hours in before asking so I can get informed opinions from the neogafz whose taste I trust. So yeah sounds like I should get it.

IT IS DONE.

-Pyromaniac- said:
which isn't a bad thing as it was really good, just played it late so I had the hype people built up all in my head.

I'm sort of with you on this. AA seems ever-so-slightly overrated to me. AC is improved in every quantifiable way, but it's evolution and not revolution, as the saying goes.

abundant

Quick said:
AND HE'S DOWN!

Thank you, guys. Didn't use the zip-line, but everything else worked like a charm.

I don't know if you know this but
you could of just went into your batcomputer and it would've given you 12 ways to incapacitate Freeze

Got my 50x combo achievement during the fight in The Penguin's joint with
the first of what I assume is many of the titaned up guys you can ride around on
. Literally got the 50x count on the very last hit, after a fucking awesome run of counter, dodges, stuns and attacks, if I do say so myself. So satisfying.

Proposed Law said:
Has anyone had problems setting up an account with NOS? I just drank one of these fuckers (taste awful) to get a batman beyond code. I'm not sure if the site is having problems or maybe I'm just going into cardiac arrest?
anyone?

Montresor

If someone answered my previous question, I apologize if it seems that I've ignored it. I want to be careful skimming the thread in case of spoilers. =p

What I really want to know is: how hard is the hard difficulty? Is it totally doable just like the Asylum game or have the upped the difficulty big time?

gdt

Montresor said:
If someone answered my previous question, I apologize if it seems that I've ignored it. I want to be careful skimming the thread in case of spoilers. =p

What I really want to know is: how hard is the hard difficulty? Is it totally doable just like the Asylum game or have the upped the difficulty big time?

If you did/do some challenges to up your skills, you'll do fine.

Quick

Banned
Noriega said:
Oracle didn't give you an analysis of how to take him down?

abundant said:
I don't know if you know this but
you could of just went into your batcomputer and it would've given you 12 ways to incapacitate Freeze

I realized this after, but I guess I was too distracted to check.

Top Bottom