• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
just did the 3rd catwoman episode to see
what the end alternate end was like.
Her ass looks even better in the TV series costume btw.

I've also gone through the
Steel Mill, retrieved Freeze's stuff, and now I'm at the part where everyone seems to realize they can't leave the steel mill back through so I need to figure out how to get back out. Is the goons hypothesizing about Arkham Nation in some other building? All you get here is a couple funny convos about people just hearing Joker died.
At 59% completion, I've got 112/400 Joker trophies, so I've got all challenge rooms unlocked. Almost all side missons done now except for
Random Act of Violence, AR & Riddler trophies. All I've really left to check out in the universe is the Arkham future hypothesizing convo and Crime Alley I think. Maybe Scarecrow's shit too
. After that, I think I'm actually done done with Arkham City, just sticking to Challenge Rooms. Such a great ride, can't believe I blitzed through it. :(

Neiteio

Heads up if you want Harley Quinn's character trophy, because she's a hottie. Not really a spoiler, but
it's in the shooting gallery in Joker's hideout where the thugs are shooting at penguin statues; simply batarang each penguin statue on the conveyor belt until a Riddler trophy rolls along
. If I recall correctly, this room can be accessed from the room where you
grapple up to Joker's room, the room with Harley Quinn's outfit from the first game
. There's a door that leads to the boiler room, I believe.

NIN90

Is there a reason why my remote controlled Batarangs don't work on switch boxes? There even is one swtich box in the museum where Batman keeps rambling something like "The force of a Batarang should be enough to activate this switch box."

One thing that is annoying me is how text riddle will pop up in a room (the ones you solve by scanning), but they only show up for 5 seconds then disappear. How do I get it to come back up? And does it tell me what room the riddle can be found in like in Arkham Asylum?

goldensun

NIN90 said:
Is there a reason why my remote controlled Batarangs don't work on switch boxes? There even is one swtich box in the museum where Batman keeps rambling something like "The force of a Batarang should be enough to activate this switch box."
The electrical boxes? You have to control the batarang to go through electricity first and then direct it into the switch in order to break it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
goldensun said:
The electrical boxes? You have to control the batarang to go through electricity first and then direct it into the switch in order to break it.
I was stuck in that room for like 15 minutes. I couldn't figure it out, but then it clicked and when it did, oh man it was awesome. Clever, clever, clever!

cnizzle06

Banned
Went to Kmart to get the 30 dollar coupon.

Signed up for the their card.

No coupon printed out.

They claimed they never heard of the deal.

Got the game refunded and left.

Great place.

quickwhips

I was in the sewer area and their was a question mark and when you hit it then the door locked and gas filled the room. How do you grab the trophies and make it out?

quickwhips

cnizzle06 said:

No coupon printed out.

Great place.

go to best buy they are price matching and you will be given a 30 dollar gift card. I did this twice this week already.

Scopitone

Neo Member
So I got the collector's edition off Amazon but preordered the regular version through Gamestop for the preorder bonuses. They sent me the codes for it but I was lucky enough to have the last 3 letters on my Batman Animated skin CUT OFF. I've since emailed Gamestop but they're of course taking forever to sort it out.

Anyone else run into this awesome problem?

RPGCrazied

Man, I was scared shitless when today I got a "corrupted save data', when starting up the game today. It restarted, I tried it again, and it worked this time. Weird.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
cnizzle06 said:

No coupon printed out.

Great place.
You have to activate your account first before it works. You should be getting a text to activate it soon or an email. Do that and it should print if you buy the game again, as long as the deal isn't done since most deals reset on Sunday.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
quickwhips said:
go to best buy they are price matching and you will be given a 30 dollar gift card. I did this twice this week already.

That may be YMMV, because my Best Buy told me they don't match "gamer coupons", which is what K-Mart is offering.

Lakitu

st5fu
So... how far am I?

About to free Nora, then going to the Steel Mill to get the cure.

I haven't seen any of Deadshot (since the introduction to the quest), Black Mask or Calendar Man etc either.

cnizzle06

Banned
Fuck it. I'm not going back. There's a reason I stopped going to Kmart and this wasted trip only solidifies that. Even the manager had no idea what I was talking about.

burgerdog

cnizzle06 said:

No coupon printed out.

Great place.

I'm quite sure that these Kmart deals run from Tuesday to Saturday only.

Dabanton

weekend_warrior said:
So this has been sitting on my shelf for about a week and I have no desire to play it. Someone convince me to.

You either want to play it or you don't what can we say that can change your mind?

It's one of the best games of the year and you're not playing it.

Lakitu said:
So... how far am I?

About to free Nora, then going to the Steel Mill to get the cure.

I haven't seen any of Deadshot (since the introduction to the quest), Black Mask or Calendar Man etc either.
I'd say about 15% or so left. The Deadshot quests pop up randomly, I think, so I took care of them as they happened. Make sure you check your map for the icon. Also, I never got Black Mask or Calendar Man at all.

Lakitu

st5fu
The Broken Ska Record said:
I'd say about 15% or so left. The Deadshot quests pop up randomly, I think, so I took care of them as they happened. Make sure you check your map for the icon. Also, I never got Black Mask or Calendar Man at all.

Thanks!

There are 4 or so spaces left on my side-quest screen. I've been exploring a ton between the main story as well, but I've not really checked the map often enough for Deadshot missions. Or the Identity Theft one either. Stuff that I did really early on in the game that I've not been able to follow through.

Though, it's been a brilliant game so far. Thoroughly enjoying it.

overcast

How do you destroy turrets? They shoot everything.

Also,
Are the idenity theft killers completely random? Or are they activated by being in the area? I've done 2 parts of it I believe.

overcast

overcast said:
How do you destroy turrets? They shoot everything.

Also,
Are the idenity theft killers completely random? Or are they activated by being in the area? I've done 2 parts of it I believe.
I'll repost this since it got stuck at the bottom of the page.

Weenerz

Banned
There is an ios app that shows you all the Riddler locations, and gives you the ability to check them off. It's pretty decent and an official app.

My 'disarm and destroy' (X+Y) maneuver seems iffy. Do I have to be relatively close to the guy with the weapon/shield? It doesn't seem to function like the 'takedown' maneuver, which will basically work anywhere, but I'm guessing that may be because there's always someone in proximity to be taken down.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yeah i have found the special combos to be very unreliable in execution. Its really frustrating when you want to use one and hitting the buttons do nothing. The buttons, THEY DO NOTHING

overcast

malfcn said:
Anyone actually see the Batwing when it drops off upgrades? Or just hear it?
You can get a trophy of the Batwing. Look at it then.

Just finished
the Deadshot mission. Cool that there was a boss fight, but an incredibly simple one. Really want to find more of the identity theft mission. Also need to do A watcher in the wings. Any tips on where to find these?

McLovin

Ok so I beat the game a few days back, and I'm trying to get all the riddler trophies. Cat woman has a bunch inside jokers place but the chimney is closed off and going through the back is a no go since that way requires the ice grenades. Didn't a hole get blown out somewhere? I can't find it anywhere :( Am I supposed to open a door as batman or something?

overcast said:
You can get a trophy of the Batwing. Look at it then.

Just finished
the Deadshot mission. Cool that there was a boss fight, but an incredibly simple one. Really want to find more of the identity theft mission. Also need to do A watcher in the wings. Any tips on where to find these?

Check the ferris wheel.

overcast

McLovin said:
Ok so I beat the game a few days back, and I'm trying to get all the riddler trophies. Cat woman has a bunch inside jokers place but the chimney is closed off and going through the back is a no go since that way requires the ice grenades. Didn't a hole get blown out somewhere? I can't find it anywhere :( Am I supposed to open a door as batman or something?
I don't know exactly where, but remember how after you beat the Joker you exited through a hole blown in the ceiling. Find that.

Top Bottom